Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Greatest Cartoon Ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Family Guy

original.jpg?w=400&h=600&fit=crop

VS

Gravity Falls

8270511c1aaea6d927dab725638a07f2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Family Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,411 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Family Guy. Perfect show for unwinding in the evening with a beer or coke and a bag of salt & vinegar taytos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Family Guy - didn't watch a lot of it but I liked it nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gravity Falls ; consistently brilliant, clever, and unique throughout its run, whereas Family Guy was good in the early days but has been flogging a dead horse for over a decade now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Gravity falls was full of clever science, great stories, great characters and incisive pop culture references, family guy had a talking dog a paedo and a grown man with a stupid face who got into regular implausibly violent bare knuckle fighting bouts with a giant chicken

Gravity falls is the Bugatti Veyron to the Hummer H2 that was Family guy

In case there’s any doubt I’m voting for the Veyron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

I'll give this to gravity fallsn had a short run but was always funny and great plot. Family guy squandered its humorous characters a lot faster than the simpsons managed to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Don't remember Gravity Falls from the qualifiers to be honest. Never heard of it, so that's twice it's not made an impression on me.

Family Guy is great by and large, so I'll vote it.

cdeb wrote: »
    Don't remember Gravity Falls from the qualifiers to be honest. Never heard of it, so that's twice it's not made an impression on me.

Family Guy is great by and large, so I'll vote it.

I understand why people are voting for Family guy, but you’re all wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Family Guy! So many hilarious quotes

Family Guy advances to Round 3

The Simpsons

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fbc%2F4e%2F301b80493275148aae5fc6b5e6e6%2Fla-fi-mo-usps-simpsons-stamps-20120821-001

VS

BoJack Horseman

bojack-horseman-review-1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=646&h=431&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Simpsons

There isn't many shows that can compete with the first 7 or 8 seasons of The Simpsons

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Family Guy! So many hilarious quotes

Yeah, like ‘giggidy’

Family guy went for the lowest of low hanging fruit practically every time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Ah sh!te. I've just gotten into BoJack from seeing it on the thread. I'm binge watching it & it on the t,v as we speak.
    I know The Simpson's are getting some grief for slipping in later years, but it is the ultimate classic of cartoons. So I think they'll have to get my vote over my new find

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

The Simpsons

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

BoJack Horseman ; infinitely better than The Simpsons, was quality throughout its run, incredibly smart, and hasn't been hanging around like some mouldy bread past its expiry date for over 20 years like The Simpsons

Gravity Falls and BoJack Horseman going out to the likes of Family Guy and The Simpsons is everything wrong with this world ; lowest common denominator shít getting winning the popular vote at the expense of clever and unique shows, is the same reason shíte like Mrs Browns Boys still gets made.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Yeah, like ‘giggidy’

Family guy went for the lowest of low hanging fruit practically every time

Gravity Falls is the sh!t on the shoe of animation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Simpsons have to go through. Obviously it’s nowhere near as good now as it was at the start.

Bojack was just a slog for me and I gave up on it after a few hours

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Gravity Falls is the sh!t on the shoe of animation

Family guy tried to be edgier than South Park but ended up appealing mostly to brain dead imbeciles

Gravity Falls and BoJack Horseman going out to the likes of Family Guy and The Simpsons is everything wrong with this world ; lowest common denominator shít getting winning the popular vote at the expense of clever and unique shows, is the same reason shíte like Mrs Browns Boys still gets made.

Screen-Shot-2017-10-30-at-11.33.27-AM.png
    Sorry, had to be done.

BoJack Horseman ; infinitely better than The Simpsons, was quality throughout its run, incredibly smart, and hasn't been hanging around like some mouldy bread past its expiry date for over 20 years like The Simpsons

The simpsons Now is pure muck, but the simpsons was smart and funny up to about season 10 (although was in decline from season 8

I don’t know how many seasons of bojack there are cause it bored me to tears, but 8-10 seasons of genius makes up for the blatant cash in we’ve been subjected to in the last decade

I vote for Football in the groin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Take it to the crisp thread Akrasia! :)

Simpsons here too. It won't win outright, but it shouldn't lose here to another one I've never heard of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Simpsons

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I vote for Football in the groin

It hurts me to say but Im voting Simpsons. But Bojack is insanely good and anyone who hasnt seen it should

• Advertisement

The Simpsons advances to Round 3

Advertisement