Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portuguese Court Rules PCR Tests As Unreliable & Unlawful To Quarantine People

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

So just to recap, had a doctor looked at the PCR results and said that these people were infected with SARS-CoV-2, the quarantine would have been legal.

This case seems to reflect more a technical aspect of evidence sufficiency rather than the legal system declaring PCR tests as unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is it not the case if they excluded the PCR test and just went on a doctor's diagnosis that they had Covid it would have been legal to quarantine them.
    I didn't read whether they were sick or not just that they had a positive test result.

I posted this the day it was released. There is no evidence of asymptomatic spread in the study of the 10 million Chinese tested.
    "There were no positive tests amongst 1,174 close contacts of asymptomatic cases"
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

Luke O'Neill can reference nature but when I referenced it the thread was moved to the conspiracy thread forum.
    I really don't agree with the reclassification of it as a conspiracy.

Didnt even read the study you referenced did you? 10 million people tested in Wuhan after wave 1. 300 asymptomatic cases and zero symptomatic cases detected. There was no active infection in the city at the time, and this is proof false positives are not a significant issue. Thanks for the link. Really clears up the picture.

Those cases in Wuhan were also likely detecting residual virus rather that true asymptomatic cases as if there was zero virus in the city at the time. So doesn't even tell you what you think it does

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Is it not the case if they excluded the PCR test and just went on a doctor's diagnosis that they had Covid it would have been legal to quarantine them.
    I didn't read whether they were sick or not just that they had a positive test result.

I don't think it has anything to do with being sick or not, just that the PCR test alone is insufficient, if a doctor said they were infected (not necessarily sick) based on the PCR result it would have been legal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Whether it's necessary to detect asymptomatic cases at all is a different question.

You really don't understand why covid19 is a problem. If there were no asymptomatic or presymptomatic spreading there would be no pandemic.

One could argue these are the only ones that need detecting, the non asymptomatic ones are already presenting themselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement