Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

cnocbui wrote: »
    I was fairly clear in addressing the bullies part of the post. I't would appear you also haven't read all of the OP's posts. "I've exhausted all avenues with the school" is fairly clear. How many years the daughter has to go is irrelevant. I suggest you and the person I was replying to use a search engine on 'Phoebe Prince'.

I have read all the OP's posts. I know full well about bullying, Phoebe Prince, etc but the OP has since clarified in more detail what is going on and yes it is extremely serious, but that wasn't clear until her post since my earlier post.

I don't think how many years the daughter has to go is irrelevant, especially when making a massive life-changing decision which may or may not work out. But we'll agree to differ.

OP - I struggle to believe that there is no school anywhere in the country which would take your daughter, have you tried small towns, etc outside the big cities? I would also add that if your family (e.g. your dad) are on-board with it, they obviously think it is a good idea, I'd trust them more than any advice on here. The only thing is, it might take you so long to get through the visa/moving process, is there a chance it might take most of the rest of your daughters education time before you actually get there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

OP - I struggle to believe that there is no school anywhere in the country which would take your daughter, have you tried small towns, etc outside the big cities? I would also add that if your family (e.g. your dad) are on-board with it, they obviously think it is a good idea, I'd trust them more than any advice on here. The only thing is, it might take you so long to get through the visa/moving process, is there a chance it might take most of the rest of your daughters education time before you actually get there?

I saw in a different organization a similar problem and our group was asked could an individual transfer in. The request was refused because the team thought the the problems would follow. The transfer was declined. That is possibly why other schools are declining. I would imagine all school principals in an area know each other in a professional capacity, there may have been enquiries made or previous bad experience happened. It also looks bad in the middle of term. Give it a try cutting Social Media, its toxic stuff anyways. Once the bullies are getting no reaction they will move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭maebee

Hi Daisy,

Any update on this please? Did the move ever happen and if not, how are things now?

Advertisement