Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power tools

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I got the dewalt impact wrench with a charger and two 5ah batteries from a place called Toolden in Scotland.
    Think it cost 260 euros when the vat was taken off and its a complete animal of a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 smiththeglen

djmc wrote: »
    Set up a parcel motel account and you will get a northern ireland address and they charge something like 4 euro to send it to a locker at your nearest town. you can collect anytime with your phone number and pin
    machine mart or amazon have almost every tool and often do free shipping in which case you just pay the 4 euro to parcel motel. think an post have address pal aswell which is similar

Adresspal is the same thing but by An Post. Theyll deliver to the house and can do it from America America aswel. Usually €6 - €9 for using the service but you might be restricted in the size and weight of what you are ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Who2

I’ve nearly all the Milwaukee gear and find it the best wearing, but it’s not what it used to be. It takes a lot more punishment than dewalt. There’s a lad with me has all makita gear and it’s a lot cheaper and seems to hold out reasonably well .

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

I would have almost every Dewalt battery tool plus most corded stuff. Dewalt 54v stuff is seriously powerful. Now recently I've had a 54v battery that won't take a charge anymore but I can except this after 3 years heavy use. Have had a few mega money hilti items that lasted no time that I find much harder to accept. Have some Festool stuff 1300 euro chops saw lasted about 18 months. 600 to repair just left it in shed and bought another Dewalt. Have stuff from Dewalt as far back as it when it was called elu. Pound for pound Imo Dewalt can't be beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

timple23 wrote: »
    There are 2 5ah batteries with that kit, I think the lowest you can buy as part of a kit with a dcf899 is a 4ah.

Apologies I miss read the original post as 2.5amp, not 2 5 amp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Impact driverhttps://www.screwfix.ie/p/dewalt-dcf787n-xj-18v-li-ion-xr-brushless-cordless-impact-driver-bare/437gt?_requestid=214521

Good deal for an impact driver for anyone who already has dewalt batteries and chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭DJ98

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/milwaukee-m18-cblpp2a-402c-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-redlithium-brushless-cordless-combi-drill-impact-driver-twin-pack/699fj

Would that be a good deal, looking for a drill for just around the farm type jobs wouldn't be getting constant use

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Slightly off thread,anybody know the best place to get 1.2 amp replacement ni cd cells for cordless drills.have to be doing something as fed up with netflix already

DJ98 wrote: »
    https://www.screwfix.ie/p/milwaukee-m18-cblpp2a-402c-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-redlithium-brushless-cordless-combi-drill-impact-driver-twin-pack/699fj

Would that be a good deal, looking for a drill for just around the farm type jobs wouldn't be getting constant use

Do you need the impact driver too? Its a solid deal for someone who is looking to get started with cordless tools. If you just want a drill, it is an expensive option.

The cheapest dewalt I have seen is a dcd796p2, which you get 2 batteries both 5ah and a charger with a drill for 205gbp.

K.G. wrote: »
    Slightly off thread,anybody know the best place to get 1.2 amp replacement ni cd cells for cordless drills.have to be doing something as fed up with netflix already

Are you looking for the cells inside the battery? Or just a replacement battery? What make/model tool is it for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

timple23 wrote: »
    Are you looking for the cells inside the battery? Or just a replacement battery? What make/model tool is it for?

Yeah the cells. hitachi 14.4 volt .the charger gave up a few years ago but i discovered an old charger that fits when clearing out the other day but the battery s just charged once and now wont charge .its a 100 e to get then refurbed but just said i d see if i could get cells myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

DJ98 wrote: »

That's a good price, the rest of the kit is probably around €160 worth between batteries, charger and case.

Advertisement