Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power tools

Options
  • 20-11-2020 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I was looking for a dewalt impact wrench dcf899 with batteries. I tried some of the engineering stores but there is huge difference in price v online stores.
    But with screwfix etc it's hard to get the tool you want plus batteries or stores abroad wont ship to ireland.

Just wondering where do ye purchase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

jd06 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I was looking for a dewalt impact wrench dcf899 with batteries. I tried some of the engineering stores but there is huge difference in price v online stores.
    But with screwfix etc it's hard to get the tool you want plus batteries or stores abroad wont ship to ireland.

UK is 20/30% cheaper. Toolsense/toolstation/ffx are generally good. Have you a VAT number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭MfMan

Hi all

Parcelmotel

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭jd06

timple23 wrote: »
    UK is 20/30% cheaper. Toolsense/toolstation/ffx are generally good. Have you a VAT number?

No I dont have a vat number
    But does it not cost 30 euro to ship from uk approx
    Thanks

No I dont have a vat number
    But does it not cost 30 euro to ship from uk approx
    Thanks
    €15ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Set up a parcel motel account and you will get a northern ireland address and they charge something like 4 euro to send it to a locker at your nearest town. you can collect anytime with your phone number and pin
    machine mart or amazon have almost every tool and often do free shipping in which case you just pay the 4 euro to parcel motel. think an post have address pal aswell which is similar

• Advertisement

forgot to mention try amazon.de too and change language setting to english german amazon ships all over europe and we might have to change at the end of the year anyway if brexit puts duty on everything from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Hi all

I've a fair shot of Milwaukee and makita battery stuff here. Got some bits off screwfix and a good bit from different places in the UK. I'd highly recommend the milwaukee impact wrench if you don't have dewalt stuff already. There is unbelievable power in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Another here for Milwaukee impact I bought one here last xmas day local crowd were looking for 650 for a m18 half in gun 1898 break torque got it online for 250 euro dropped at the door with box and 1 battery but no charger great deal I thought

lab man wrote: »
    Another here for Milwaukee impact I bought one here last xmas day local crowd were looking for 650 for a m18 half in gun 1898 break torque got it online for 250 euro dropped at the door with box and 1 battery but no charger great deal I thought

Thats some torque I brought one in lidl after being impressed with one of there drills and its a waste of time it had 400nm of torque but wont even take a car wheel off. used Milwaukee on before and its top notch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Where online did you get it?

On the look out for cordless impact gun and angle grinder - will be starting from scratch so need chargers and batteries

• Advertisement

Panch18 wrote: »

On the look out for cordless impact gun and angle grinder - will be starting from scratch so need chargers and batteries

A dewalt 1/2 impact and a 5 inch angler grinder with 2x5 ah batteries and changer would be about 440 euro (no box for grinder though). Less if you have a vat number.

Ept are 590.

https://www.ept-irl.com/products/dewalt-dck269p2-2pc-18-xr-combo-kit-includes-dcf899-1-2-inch-impact-wrench-and-dcg412-angle-grinder-c-w-ds300-box-dcb115-charger-2-x-dcb184-5-0ah-li-ion-batteries-pdwcbcd-dck269p2.html?name=dcf899&type=simple

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Powertoolmate in the UK are good. If you aren't doing much just get a few big batteries like 5ah with whatever you buy at the start and you can get other bits body only after that then. I started off with Makita stuff, impact driver, drill, grinder and skilsaw and they are grand but I ended up buying the milwaukee half inch impact wrench because there is nothing to match it and a milwaukee sds drill and I'm sorry I didn't start off with the milwaukee stuff at the start. Have 2 sets of batteries to be charging now and it's a bit of a balls. They are dear enough but I'd be using them most days.

Have 2 sets of batteries to be charging now and it's a bit of a balls. They are dear enough but I'd be using them most days.

You can buy battery adapters, only seen this the other day, don't know how well they work.

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Adapter-Charger-Milwaukee-Convert/dp/B07STCR6GD/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=mt20ml&qid=1581837792&s=hi&sr=1-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=sixtyfivefo05-20&linkId=e33abfee8ab4b91b2e81558183a1c990&language=en_US

I've a fair shot of Milwaukee and makita battery stuff here. Got some bits off screwfix and a good bit from different places in the UK. I'd highly recommend the milwaukee impact wrench if you don't have dewalt stuff already. There is unbelievable power in it.

Thanks
    I have some dewalt already .iv seen the tests on YouTube and Milwaukee comes out on top but not sure I could pay the extra!

A dewalt 1/2 impact and a 5 inch angler grinder with 2 5 ah batteries and changer would be about 440 euro (no box for grinder though). Less if you have a vat number.

Ept are 590.

https://www.ept-irl.com/products/dewalt-dck269p2-2pc-18-xr-combo-kit-includes-dcf899-1-2-inch-impact-wrench-and-dcg412-angle-grinder-c-w-ds300-box-dcb115-charger-2-x-dcb184-5-0ah-li-ion-batteries-pdwcbcd-dck269p2.html?name=dcf899&type=simple

Where did you see the deal for440 because wouldn't mind getting that combi sets

Where did you see the deal for440 because wouldn't mind getting that combi sets

Toolsense, its not a combi set, its purchasing a bare unit angle grinder and the dcf899 with 2x5ah. The big box in the ept set is about 30 euro to buy.

https://www.toolsense.co.uk/dewalt-dcf899p2-18v-brushless-3-sp-high-torque-wrench.html

https://www.toolsense.co.uk/dewalt-dcg412n-xj-18v-xr-grinder-bare-unit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Can u put in a fakeMod snip number for uk purchases

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Can u put in a mod snip number for uk purchases

If you put in a valid number at the checkout the vat will be reduced, whether they chase up afterwards I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

A dewalt 1/2 impact and a 5 inch angler grinder with 2 5 ah batteries and changer would be about 440 euro (no box for grinder though). Less if you have a vat number.

Ept are 590.

For heavy tools like that 2.5amp batteries are very weak. I'd prefer to get 5amps first day,you'll have them for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Angle grinders absolutely chew batteries, especially if you're grinding, not to bad if just cutting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭enricoh

Had the local mobile tyre fella out last week and he had one. An animal of a yoke - nearly took the arm off me!
    Have a bit of bosch 18v stuff, it's good value on amazon warehouse germany. I think they have their vat at 5% for coronavirus to help the economy. 21 or 23% here is a pain in the hoop, I can tolerate 5%- just about!!

Angle grinders absolutely chew batteries, especially if you're grinding, not to bad if just cutting.

Measured this one day, a fully charged 5ah managed to cut about 3ft across an 8x4ft sheet of 3mm checker.

I should have probably shelled out for a brushless model, only 40 euro dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Are the dewalt not as strong as the milwaukee, I have dewalt grinder and drill and wouldnt mind an impact wrench for jeep wheels etc, what size would I need?

Are the dewalt not as strong as the milwaukee, I have dewalt grinder and drill and wouldnt mind an impact wrench for jeep wheels etc, what size would I need?

Milwaukee has higher spec tools, with higher prices to match.

DCF899, I think its the most powerful in the dewalt range. Have taken off tractor tyres. The only nut it didn't open was one which needed a 3/4 breaker bar and a pipe.

The dcf 899 seems to be de bees knees

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

Milwaukee has higher spec tools, with higher prices to match.

DCF899, I think its the most powerful in the dewalt range. Have taken off tractor tyres. The only nut it didn't open was one which needed a 3/4 breaker bar and a pipe.
    Anything Milwaukee I’ve ever had has been complete scrap. Know an electrician who bought a huge set of stuff. He would not touch it again if he got it for free. I actually have a skilsaw from Milwaukee for about 12 years. Reason being it’s the most horrible yolk I’ve ever had the misfortune to pick up

For heavy tools like that 2.5amp batteries are very weak. I'd prefer to get 5amps first day,you'll have them for years.

There are 2 5ah batteries with that kit, I think the lowest you can buy as part of a kit with a dcf899 is a 4ah.

Twas powertool ir the like if u keep an eye out you'll get one I waited near 6 months checking every day was doing feck all xmas day and spotted it

2018na wrote: »
    Anything Milwaukee I’ve ever had has been complete scrap. Know an electrician who bought a huge set of stuff. He would not touch it again if he got it for free. I actually have a skilsaw from Milwaukee for about 12 years. Reason being it’s the most horrible yolk I’ve ever had the misfortune to pick up

I cant fault the few bits I have from Milwaukee anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Suckler

2018na wrote: »

Surprised to hear that about Milwaukee, never had any but anyone who had always said the higher price was well justified with the quality they got.

Any tools I have are Dewalt, Makita, Bosch, Hitachi/Hikoki. I've had a few Ryobi tools over the years but never thought much of them.

Advertisement