Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pretty sure I collected all the Riddler trophies in all the games, but the challenge rooms prevented me from going for the plat. They just got too hard, or required too much perfect timing that I wasn't finding them fun so stopped playing. Like now, I've given up on a few AAA games because I was bored, but I stuck into Saints Row 3 remastered because, like games should be, it's fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

I remember collecting the Riddler trophies for the first two games but the last one f*CK me that was a serious pain in the ass. The sheer number combined with the difficulty just made it way too much hassle and as previous poster said it just stops being fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Same here. No matter what I do with the HDR setting I can’t get it right so I just switched it off completely and funnily enough it’s more colourful now 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Problem with HDR is that most people's TV aren't good enough, they're just no bright enough and in general the peak brightness in HDR mode can be lower on some TV to allow for greater brightness ranges.

Add to that the game mode brightness settings like the old make the logo appear or disappear are terrible for setting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

My ps5 looks very vibrant on LG c9 oled. Think it's down to TV quality and full versus limited hdmi black levels. You've got to match those settings

• Advertisement

That's the thing, your PS5 will look well on that €400 LG 4K HDR tv, but it'll look better on that €1000 LG 4K HDR tv! But like most things, there's so many options and they are all quite different, so it's hard to nail it down. I'm still using a 4K non-HDR tv, and it's grand. When I hook it up to the HDR tv in the house, sometimes it's better, but for a lot of games it appears worse, and I changed back from PC gaming to avoid having to mess with settings to get the picture right!

Noticed a weird one there regarding A Plague Tale Innocence, I added it to my library via plus last month and have the email to prove it but if I search it on the store it’s asking me to pay for it. Only way to download the Plus version is if I select the PS4 version and then click view product and select the PS5 version there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I know that, but it’s trying to charge me for the PS5 version on the store. It actually let me download the PS4 for free last night and the only way of getting the PS5 version is if I click into “view product” on the PS4 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have 4 invites for the beta of Riders Republic that's running from Monday to Wednesday if anyone fancies. Code should work on any platform and there should be cross play. If you want one, pm me your Ubisoft username.

• Advertisement

Free COD vanguard Alpha for ps4 and ps5 owners coming this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So there's a new revision of the PS5 rolling out in Oz - it's 300g lighter and you don't need a screwdriver to install the base.

If anyone like me who got a hankering to play some Spidey after the No Way Home trailer but couldn't find their SM PS5 remaster that came free with MM Ultimate Edition, you can find it and download it from the Playstation store website. The console store nor the Android app had any trace of it, very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Isn't there a link in the main menu of th main game to download it?

I sold MM ages ago, the whole reason i got ultimate edition is knowing I'd sell it at some point but still have SM remastered. For a second there i thought you'd need the disc to start the download alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nope because that's how I downloaded it on my digital PS5.

Saying that I haven't even tried MM yet. I cleared the main game in Spiderman and thought it was decent, took a break from it to play Demon Souls and went back to Spiderman last week to do the DLC and I'm just finding it tedious. Don't think I'll even bother with MM at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

18th February 2022 for Horizon Forbidden West.

Anyone get the Apple TV sub working? It keeps asking me to update the Apple site with a credit card. I did 30 minutes ago but still getting that message. Guess it takes some more time to sync?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It was immediate when I did it.

Only worth it for Ted Lasso from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Foundation might be decent (haven't read the books though tbf). It's certainly a well put together trailer, and Harris is always worth a watch.

Jesus, I had attached my CC to some other Apple site. Went to the TV one, add cc again, got a bit further but now it's saying to add it to a 3rd site appleid... Did that and then BoI sent me a message that they didn't like this transaction and temp disabled my account, verified by the apple id site not accepting my cc. BoI said they will unlock it shortly and to try again then.

Fuck sake lads, I'm all for security but come on ta ****.

Foundation does look interesting, The Morning Show is good, I'll give Ted Lasso a go. Absolutely won't be re-subbing. Pity the deal wasn't free 6 months to Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Ted Lasso is brilliant. I'm quite enjoying Mythic Quest too. Very little content overall though so definitely 6 months and out for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I had to reset my AppleID and because I don't have an iOS device they made me wait 20 days to be allowed the privilege. Won't bother now.

Weird it said i had to use an ios device or go to appleid site. But yeah, a lot of hoops alright.

Mine worked straight away could be because I already have an Apple account it also stacked against my current subscription that I got. A free year for a new Apple product. A year and a half Apple TV For free ain’t bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

This is exactly my situation, worked seamlessly. I got a free sub last October when I got a new iPad, that has now been extended to April 2022. I don't know if I would pay for it cos there isn't a lot on there, but what is there is quality. I **** hate how they completely integrate the video rental service into it though, that is shady AF.

I told my kid we had new programs, searched the seemingly very small kids section and she picked Dora the Explorer. 'Sign up to Noggin to watch this' WHAT? I just signed up to Apple, I have to sign up to more stuff again? **** that, back to Netflix.

I think I had an Apple ID back when the iPhone 3 was around, sounds like it would be a pain in the hoop to sign up for this. I'll probably skip it, or at least wait until there's a series I actually want to watch on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement