Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS5 thread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭recyclops

Do you get anything for trophies on playstation? I know with xbox I get points for achievements etc to redeem against vouchers which makes me want to get trophies, just wondering if Sony have similar incentives that I can't find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Nope. For certain first party games you get an avatar if you get a platinum. I think in the US there is a rewards system but nothing like Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony did some rewards stuff for points to get vouchers and the like but it was only in the US and a few other places, they never did more with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

What all PS collection games has everyone completed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Played a good few before they were on the collection, but since got the ps5 played Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank. Even though not full upgrades both look stunning on the new gen. Both are proper games too, although not teething to the brim with originality, they are fun from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Just set up my PS5 today, first impressions are screen is a bit dark, not as vibrant as my Xbox...I fiddled around with some of the setting but it still looks dark, doesn't really pop, googled it and it seems I'm not the only one, anyone experience this or have any solutions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Make sure you have HDR turned to automatic, I think that's the main one. Otherwise it's always on or off, and I think that can mess with non-HDR tv's. If you have a HDR tv, then no idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You platinumed Arkham Knight? How do you still have your sanity after those riddler trophies??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,197 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I got all the Riddler trophies in Arkham Knight as well, and previously platinumed Asylum and City.

The Riddler trophies aren't the worst, it's the challenge rooms. Small mistake in the combat ones can ruin you, and having to learn and work out patterns for the stealth ones. That's the real killer when going for the trophies, and why I ended up not bothering to platinum Arkham Knight. Riddler trophies are numerous and some can be annoying, but they don't really take all that long for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man, i remember those long nights in those challenge rooms for all 3 games, both my thumbs and my joypad on the verge of breaking, good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,973 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can I ask a general question re: moving from a PS4 --> PS5?

My son is getting a PS5 (Disc) for Xmas, and has quite a few games he'd play regularly on his PS4.

I appreciate all PS4 games will play ok, but do most games offer free updates to a PS5 version (if one exists) if you own the PS4 version?

Also, will all his online presence be preserved when he changes over to the PS5? Do same logins work etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,197 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yes, all his online presence stuff will remain the same. He'll need his existing login to set up his profile on the PS5.

Regarding PS4 to PS5 games, some games have been updated to have a PS5 version, and of those, most are free upgrades. Some do have paid upgrades, but even then you can still play the PS4 version and it'll benefit a bit in terms of loading times regardless. So either way, all the games will still be playable.

Just be aware if he's downloading games, it sometimes downloads both the PS4 and PS5 versions (as it might download the PS4 version you already have, then download the PS5 version as the free upgrade). You can delete the PS4 version after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭jj880

Just a note on deleteing ps4 versions of games. Some games my son has played online require the same version as the other online players. So if a lot of his pals have ps4s and he wants to play online with them he'll need the ps4 version. Maybe not true for all games (I think fortnite is playable across ps4 and ps5 versions) but definitely for some. E.g. Fifa 21 and Human Fall Flat.

Pretty sure I collected all the Riddler trophies in all the games, but the challenge rooms prevented me from going for the plat. They just got too hard, or required too much perfect timing that I wasn't finding them fun so stopped playing. Like now, I've given up on a few AAA games because I was bored, but I stuck into Saints Row 3 remastered because, like games should be, it's fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭jones

I remember collecting the Riddler trophies for the first two games but the last one f*CK me that was a serious pain in the ass. The sheer number combined with the difficulty just made it way too much hassle and as previous poster said it just stops being fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Same here. No matter what I do with the HDR setting I can’t get it right so I just switched it off completely and funnily enough it’s more colourful now 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Problem with HDR is that most people's TV aren't good enough, they're just no bright enough and in general the peak brightness in HDR mode can be lower on some TV to allow for greater brightness ranges.

Add to that the game mode brightness settings like the old make the logo appear or disappear are terrible for setting it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭jones

My ps5 looks very vibrant on LG c9 oled. Think it's down to TV quality and full versus limited hdmi black levels. You've got to match those settings

That's the thing, your PS5 will look well on that €400 LG 4K HDR tv, but it'll look better on that €1000 LG 4K HDR tv! But like most things, there's so many options and they are all quite different, so it's hard to nail it down. I'm still using a 4K non-HDR tv, and it's grand. When I hook it up to the HDR tv in the house, sometimes it's better, but for a lot of games it appears worse, and I changed back from PC gaming to avoid having to mess with settings to get the picture right!

• Advertisement

Noticed a weird one there regarding A Plague Tale Innocence, I added it to my library via plus last month and have the email to prove it but if I search it on the store it’s asking me to pay for it. Only way to download the Plus version is if I select the PS4 version and then click view product and select the PS5 version there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I know that, but it’s trying to charge me for the PS5 version on the store. It actually let me download the PS4 for free last night and the only way of getting the PS5 version is if I click into “view product” on the PS4 version.

I have 4 invites for the beta of Riders Republic that's running from Monday to Wednesday if anyone fancies. Code should work on any platform and there should be cross play. If you want one, pm me your Ubisoft username.

Free COD vanguard Alpha for ps4 and ps5 owners coming this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So there's a new revision of the PS5 rolling out in Oz - it's 300g lighter and you don't need a screwdriver to install the base.

If anyone like me who got a hankering to play some Spidey after the No Way Home trailer but couldn't find their SM PS5 remaster that came free with MM Ultimate Edition, you can find it and download it from the Playstation store website. The console store nor the Android app had any trace of it, very weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Isn't there a link in the main menu of th main game to download it?

I sold MM ages ago, the whole reason i got ultimate edition is knowing I'd sell it at some point but still have SM remastered. For a second there i thought you'd need the disc to start the download alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nope because that's how I downloaded it on my digital PS5.

Saying that I haven't even tried MM yet. I cleared the main game in Spiderman and thought it was decent, took a break from it to play Demon Souls and went back to Spiderman last week to do the DLC and I'm just finding it tedious. Don't think I'll even bother with MM at this stage.

Advertisement