Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know anyone in Ireland who has taken in refugees?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I would describe that man as 'bearded' rather than heavily bearded.

Does he look 14??? No. Away with ye pedantry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Gervais08 wrote: »

The article says he was 26?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Gervais08 wrote: »
    It's not pedantry - heavily bearded Muslim man creates a specific set of associations that are clearly not relevant here.

JustAThought is a dogwhistling racist - there isn't really a nice way to say that ; and I'm not being pedantic I am picking zim up on a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

I know a family who took in a refugee. In due course that person got 'own door' accommodation. After a month or two the family took in another refugee, and again, that person got their own place eventually. Both were arranged through the Red Cross.

There are good people out there. Don't be too negative by generalizing on perceptions.

It's not pedantry - heavily bearded Muslim man creates a specific set of associations that are clearly not relevant here.

JustAThought is a dogwhistling racist - there isn't really a nice way to say that ; and I'm not being pedantic I am picking zim up on a lie.

I’m sure the poster will call you up on your accusation himself. But “zim” ?? Now I know to ignore you!!!

• Advertisement

Roadtoad wrote: »
    I know a family who took in a refugee. In due course that person got 'own door' accommodation. After a month or two the family took in another refugee, and again, that person got their own place eventually. Both were arranged through the Red Cross.

There are good people out there. Don't be too negative by generalizing on perceptions.

How many Irish were living on the streets or in hostels whole these who never contributed a cent walked into brand new homes we paid for ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

This is not a CA. Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement