Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People like sheep unable to think, speak or act for thenselves

Options
  • 13-11-2020 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Too many people are like sheep and need approval and consensus for their thoughts and actions

Even if everything you say and do is wrong or irrelevant I have more respect for someone with a greater range of thought and action than this middle ground

The worst is the clowns who sneer or mock because they've decided it's safe to do so and that's the majority opinion

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 20 Tommy Bin Laden

NPC#1357 agrees with the above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

That's the westernworld for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

We are all individuals !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Lack of common sense, not thinking for yourself, believing agendas that are being created by govs/news organisations is an epidemic nowadays.

Obviously there are different sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Listen to everything, make your mind up based on your OWN intuition and experience.

Liberals are all sheeple and swallow everything fed to them by the feeble, woke media.

Hard men conservatives all come up to the same conclusion as each other as a result of independent thought.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Too many people are like sheep and need approval and consensus for their thoughts and actions

Even if everything you say and do is wrong or irrelevant I have more respect for someone with a greater range of thought and action than this middle ground

The worst is the clowns who sneer or mock because they've decided it's safe to do so and that's the majority opinion
    This must be ironic.

I'm not!!..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I’m not!

endacl wrote: »
    I’m not!

Well you must be the only one who isn't individual!

• Site Banned Posts: 20 Tommy Bin Laden

I like Boards because you get to interact with radical free thinkers and intellectual hard men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Don't go on reddit Ireland so op, tis an echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

This is a very, very common opinion to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

NSAman wrote: »
    Lack of common sense, not thinking for yourself, believing agendas that are being created by govs/news organisations is an epidemic nowadays.

Obviously there are different sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Listen to everything, make your mind up based on your OWN intuition and experience.

Common sense tells me that some things are either true or untrue. The new version of sheep are those who see a conspiracy in everything.

24 posts

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Liberals are all sheeple and swallow everything fed to them by the feeble, woke media.

Hard men conservatives all come up to the same conclusion as each other as a result of independent thought.

So those hard men conservatives that think COVID is a hoax, Donald Trump is president and all media is corrupt except for the ones that fully agree with them (until they stop agreeing and become corrupt also)

Sure..;)

Also, I don't think you understand the term liberal. Maybe "far-left" would be a better term. Ireland is a liberal country.
    24 posts

lol

Joined yesterday :D

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    So those hard men conservatives that think COVID is a hoax, Donald Trump is president and all media is corrupt except for the ones that fully agree with them (until they stop agreeing and become corrupt also)

Sure..;)

Also, I don't think you understand the term liberal. Maybe "far-left" would be a better term. Ireland is a liberal country.

Joined yesterday :D

I don't think you understand sarcasm;)
    Or how to finish your sentences !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

The majority opinion can sometimes be right

Surely we can all agree that Turbridy is useless and non alcoholic Guinness is the worst invention since the ashtrays on motorbikes

I don't think you understand sarcasm;)
    Or how to finish your sentences !

I think he may play in a defunct pop band with his sisters! :)

I think as a country Ireland has a small island mentality. We tend to reach common consensus on most issues. In the past we were all good Catholics. Nowadays it seems like we are all good politically correct Europeans. Pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-EU.

There doesn't seem to be an ideological tug-of-war that you find in other countries, outside of the internet. The first decent politician that starts to defend more conservative viewpoints in Ireland will be on to a winner. Think Peter Casey but with a bit more talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Two pages in and not an original thought in sight! Maybe the OP is right! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

is_that_so wrote: »

Feel free to contribute one yourself:P

People aren't sheep. They just don't care.
    It doesn't matter to most who runs the country. Most of the country are happy so long as they can go to work, get paid, have their family and hobbies.

Probably better off for it too.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Are you Rich Boy Barrett or Paul Murphy?

Oh sorry you were looking for someone with an original thought. That rules out those two clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

There was an ancient greek philosopher who openly lived penniless in the marketplace in a big glass jar. He hid nothing. Doglike.

When asked why he would masterbate in public he said

If only one could banish hunger by rubbing ones stomach.

He was no sheep

There was an ancient greek philosopher who openly lived penniless in the marketplace in a big glass jar. He hid nothing. Doglike.

He was no sheep

That would go down well on the plinth outside the Dail

He was no sheep

Somethings haven't changed in Greece in thousands of years obviously..;)

I think as a country Ireland has a small island mentality. We tend to reach common consensus on most issues. In the past we were all good Catholics. Nowadays it seems like we are all good politically correct Europeans. Pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, pro-EU.

There doesn't seem to be an ideological tug-of-war that you find in other countries, outside of the internet. The first decent politician that starts to defend more conservative viewpoints in Ireland will be on to a winner. Think Peter Casey but with a bit more talent.

Would ya not put yerself out there and BE that conservative politician?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

According to some Australians there are 30 million sheep in New Zealand. And 5 million of them think they are people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ironically, those who use the term "sheep" to describe others are the ones most likely to be taken in by bullsh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

May I be the first to say

BAAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Don't be wearing Adidas then folks it's a conspiracy.

All Day I Dream About Sheep

Advertisement