Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25k a day to hire the convention centre

Options
2»

Comments

Boggles wrote: »
    Firewalled.

Something about corruption in South Africa? :confused:

What that has to do with a 25k being spent daily on a convention center in Dublin that isn't needed is a true mystery.

It's not firewalled for me.

This, was your statement:
    no other country is acting the bollíx in that regard.

So again i ask, did you perform any research prior to making this statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So again i ask, did you perform any research prior to making this statement?

You're confused, it's okay though. Have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ah. Government work is important too? :confused:

The dail can work just fine remotely. Its effectively a business meeting. They dont need to be in the same room to shout over each other.

The dail can work just fine remotely. Its effectively a business meeting. They dont need to be in the same room to shout over each other.

Yet they choose to spend 25k a day on a 1100 capacity room. Go Figure.

#optics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

They do because the constitution says they do. If they're were to ignore it then everything they do could be struck down as being unconstitutional.

If we had more reasonable politicians, a pairing arrangement should've been angle to get around this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

They do because the constitution says they do. If they're were to ignore it then everything they do could be struck down as being unconstitutional.

If we had more reasonable politicians, a pairing arrangement should've been angle to get around this.

Video evidence can surely be used to confirm votes, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Video evidence can surely be used to confirm votes, etc.

It's not about the confirmation of votes it's about the constitution. The consortium says that oireachtas votes are deemed passed if they are voted for by a majority of those present. You can't be present if you are voting remotely.

So say the government wants to pass a bill and the government TDs all vote remotely for it, but 10 of the opposition vote against, in person in the chamber. Has the vote passed, according to the constitution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Be a lot more when they add their food and drink packages.

We can write emergency legislation in a heart beat. I am sure we could do the same if we needed to for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

We can write emergency legislation in a heart beat. I am sure we could do the same if we needed to for this.

Only a referendum can change the constitution, as we all know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wtf is wrong with Leinster House?

On a side note, when the state wants to purchase or lease anything, euro signs light up the eyes of the private sector as the state is a bottomless money pit of course.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Only a referendum can change the constitution, as we all know.

So if I am on a zoom call, and raise my hand in favour, you are saying I am not present? Even if the call is recorded, etc? Define present?

I'm asking as much as any thing. I know a referendum is needed to change the constitution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Wtf is wrong with Leinster House?

On a side note, when the state wants to purchase or lease anything, euro signs light up the eyes of the private sector as the state is a bottomless money pit of course.

I thought the issue was due to space/size. In Leinster house they couldn't social distance?

I thought the issue was due to space/size. In Leinster house they couldn't social distance?

Sure lots of workplaces can't social distance.

Including education settings, where they are crammed in like sardines.

Stagger and wear a mask.

They only sit for 3 days anyway and the majority of time 10+ meter social distance is possible because there is no one in there.

Advertisement