Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldtown Woods, Celbridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It is what you'll have to pay if you don't want them to flog the whole phase to an American pension vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Easy game for Paddy de Plasterer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HavingANose

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Those ones were €395,000 last round. So a €30k increase. They are South facing though, not that it matters the garden is too small to get any sun anyway
    This is so helpful, thanks for this! Have been trying to contact agents with no luck. Did they mention how much 3-bed Type C C1 or D would be in the next phase, or just these A ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

This is so helpful, thanks for this! Have been trying to contact agents with no luck. Did they mention how much 3-bed Type C C1 or D would be in the next phase, or just these A ones?

These are just the A type. But I would expect a similar €20 -€30k increase on the previous phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jimmy456

These are just the A type. But I would expect a similar €20 -€30k increase on the previous phase.

thanks for this. did they give an indication on when the would be released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

I just had word with EA. Type A (117 Sqm) are priced at 420K . anyone was able to book ?

Its very expensive and out of our budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Diddles01

Agree expensive but then again 2nd hand houses are going sale agreed at ridiculous prices due to crazy bidding wars. E.g a 3 bed semi-d house at 1000sft with ber D1 went sale agreed recently not to far away from oldtown woods at 392k, asking price was 335k. Alot of work and money would be needed to bring these 2nd hand homes up to same spec as these houses. With the current market the way it is, I think new builds are the way to go!

Diddles01 wrote: »
    Agree expensive but then again 2nd hand houses are going sale agreed at ridiculous prices due to crazy bidding wars. E.g a 3 bed semi-d house at 1000sft with ber D1 went sale agreed recently not to far away from oldtown woods at 392k, asking price was 335k. Alot of work and money would be needed to bring these 2nd hand homes up to same spec as these houses. With the current market the way it is, I think new builds are the way to go!

Ack. were you able to book the house ? I spoke to EA today and he told me all houses are gone.

merikahan wrote: »
    Ack. were you able to book the house ? I spoke to EA today and he told me all houses are gone.

Phase 1 is sold out?

merikahan wrote: »

I'm pretty sure all of the houses had a wait list before they were even released.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure all of the houses had a wait list before they were even released.

correct. I managed to see show house last week. I didn't like the design of the 3 bed house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ianiemac

Any idea when phase two is launching?

For anyone lucky enough to get a house in phase one, were the builders accommodating with changing things around the house? I know other builders in other developments allow no tweaks!

ianiemac wrote: »
    Any idea when phase two is launching?

For anyone lucky enough to get a house in phase one, were the builders accommodating with changing things around the house? I know other builders in other developments allow no tweaks!

No tweaks at all. They still havnt finished selling phase one houses. They are releasing them every few weeks in small numbers. They don't have it up on Daft but coonan keep a waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HouseEater

We got some tweaks regards fitting kitchen color, location of sockets etc. but there is an extra cost involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ianiemac

Are the houses in Phase 2 or unreleased houses under construction? If so what stage are they at?

Anyone out there have any time to pop up a couple of photos of works on Phase 2/ unreleased?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HouseEater

I don't think Phaze 2 has started yet. I assume its what is in gray under the "Full Scheme" here: https://oldtownwoods.ie/_nuxt/img/fs-full-scheme.62e57d9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

P2 is well underway, stabilisation is complete, main drainage will be finished shortly and house rafts have been poured on a number of houses.

I did hear however that there was none available.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

What’s the price for the 4 beds now? The 3 beds are 430

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Yet they continue to have sponsored posts that advertise the 4 beds from 430k 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 36 PaddyRussell

Has anyone spoken to the EA and have any update on when Phase Two will be released and when they will be fully completed?

Im guessing the builders are well back and the construction site is in full flow?

• Advertisement

Has all oh phase one been released by now? What were the latest 3 bed prices does anyone know?

How much are the 3 bed and 4 bed going for in new phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mitzey999

Looking to book in the next phase of this estate , just curious if anyone has the plans for part V social houses in the estate ? I know based on the plans I could find only they are giving ~25 units spread through all phases to the council but does anyone know which ones? I know EA sometimes give this information out if requested but wanted to check if anyone has already gotten them.

Also I have no issues with social housing but just want to be aware so I can make an informed choice if a house becomes available

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Brianboru39

Anyone any idea if phase 2 is complete

and if bigger gardens ?

I really liked these when we viewed phase 1 but garden was tiny so I didn’t buy at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mitzey999

They look to be still building phase 2 but gardens look the same size as previous phase from what I could see. I think most new builds are the same though or some may have bigger gardens but no driveway !

By the plans online, some are bigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ah14

Does anybody know when the next phase is being released

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CelfusHa12

Does anyone know if there will be hedging planted or a wall built around the periphery of the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

When I asked the EA about it, he mentioned that the other side of the development (under construction, towards the Educate Together School) is getting the metal fencing and eventually, hedging. We reserved unit 136, which is facing the main road and there is an internal road in between. So I hope that provides some sense of privacy and noise insulation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

I've received this updated Site Plan from the EA a few days ago. They've mentioned about the planned hedge fencing, pedestrian entrances and open spaces. I hope this helps.

Advertisement