Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldtown Woods, Celbridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Diddles01 wrote: »
    I viewed it back in December so not sure if they are all sold now.

There are some C Types in the next phase and some more in future phases also.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

Does anyone who bought here have an expected move in date yet? We bought in the newest release of houses and were originally told November. They are telling us now that they don't have an expected date due to covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I know some people are currently getting house snagged from seeing post on residents page on FB. My date has been delayed from Mar/April to April/May.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

ESB was connected last week. Final layer of tar going down this coming week. External work has carried on as normal but internally has been slower due to numbers allowed inside to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 conal08

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Does anyone who bought here have an expected move in date yet? We bought in the newest release of houses and were originally told November. They are telling us now that they don't have an expected date due to covid.

We’ve been told October but given the way things are going, I’d expect this to be later.

• Advertisement

conal08 wrote: »
    We’ve been told October but given the way things are going, I’d expect this to be later.

Is that in the newest line of houses with the west facing back gardens that have been released?

Is that in the newest line of houses with the west facing back gardens that have been released?

No, this is for the houses with east facing back. On the site plan it would be the houses 38-42.

Have been told by the estate agent that flooring is only included on the bathrooms (They're tiled). Is this normal? Any other new development I've enquired about, the flooring is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

conal08 wrote: »
    Have been told by the estate agent that flooring is only included on the bathrooms (They're tiled). Is this normal? Any other new development I've enquired about, the flooring is included.
    It's pretty common in new builds, it's really up to buyers to ask every question, never assume anything. I find "What's included in the sale" will get them doing the heavy lifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bordercollie

Hi, is there anywhere to get the measurements of the house? Am interested in the development but difficult to estimate room size virtually!

• Advertisement

Hi, is there anywhere to get the measurements of the house? Am interested in the development but difficult to estimate room size virtually!

Don't know about the measurements, but I can tell you my impressions for the A type.

The kitchen cooking area is on the smaller side. Of most new developments, not quite as small as a 2 bed or apartment kitchen, still perfectly useable.

The dining/seating side of the kitchen is huge. A lot of space.

If I remember correctly the living room is about 17sqm. It's cosy, but could easily fit 2 sofas and a single seater.

The utility feels very small, as it is partially under the stairs, but there is actually a lot of space.

The master bedroom, after the wardrobes are in is big enough for a super king bed and side lockers, with a bit of space left over. Feels like the perfect size.

The 2nd room is just about big enough for two kids to share, and the third room is quite small, but fine for a child.

Back gardens are tiny. But all new builds are.

Had anyone heard anything about when they will be releasing more houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mc.celb

Some of the houses are close to the footpath. Question I would ask is that if this development was properly planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Rosahane

mc.celb wrote: »
    Some of the houses are close to the footpath. Question I would ask is that if this development was properly planned?

The Council have planners, Born Pleanala have planners, the builders probably have planners.

Do you have issues with the planning? If so where did they err?

Rosahane wrote: »
    The Council have planners, Born Pleanala have planners, the builders probably have planners.

Do you have issues with the planning? If so where did they err?

Explain why the houses are close to the footpath.

Aswell, people already living around there have been accused of Nimbyism. Talk about infrastructure and capacity in schools on how they would cope with new developments like this

Explain why the houses are close to the footpath.

Aswell, people already living around there have been accused of Nimbyism. Talk about infrastructure and capacity in schools on how they would cope with new developments like this

I suspect that they are so subjectively, “close” to the the footpath because that is where they were built.

Did you look at the planning documents on the KCC. or Bord Pleanala site and lodge a submission at the planning stage? If you have issues bring them up with the relevant authorities.

As regards your Nimbyism comment, it’s unclear whether you are concerned about the people coping or the infrastructure coping!

Rosahane wrote: »
    I suspect that they are so, subjectively, “close” to the the footpath because that is where they were built.

Did you look at the planning documents on the KCC. or Bord Pleanala site and lodge a submission at the planning stage? If you have issues bring them up with the relevant authorities.

As regards your Nimbyism comment, it’s unclear whether you are concerned about the people coping or the infrastructure coping!

The whole thing was rushed in case you didn't know, shds. Will infrastructure cope? The answer is no because it has not been upgraded.

The whole thing was rushed in case you didn't know, shds. Will infrastructure cope? The answer is no because it has not been upgraded.

What infrastructure are you concerned about?

There are lots of schools close to the development. It's no worse than anywhere else in Celbridge for access to the motorway and public transport. The major issue is the road traffic because of the single bridge constraint and that is somewhat alleviated recently because of the numbers of people working from home, a trend likely to continue when the Coronavirus eventually disappears!

What upgrades would you like to see?

I would imagine that the houses at the front are close to the street for two reasons. 1. If the driveway was at the front rather than the back, then the cars would be constantly pulling in and out, worsening any traffic issues. 2. There are apartments being built on that line, so if the houses are in their current position then they will line up with the apartments for a uniform look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Diddles01

The houses at the front are very close to the road, I persume there going to be a wall or fence going up?

• Advertisement

Diddles01 wrote: »
    The houses at the front are very close to the road, I persume there going to be a wall or fence going up?

Nope, no wall or fence going up. New developments aren't supposed to be walled in the way older developments are.

They are going to be going all along that road in the same way. The apartments will be that close to the road too as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Diddles01

Wow! very close to the road and not even a fence. Very little privacy for those houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Nope, no wall or fence going up. New developments aren't supposed to be walled in the way older developments are.

They are going to be going all along that road in the same way. The apartments will be that close to the road too as far as I know.

I don't see any parking spaces either, does this mean that we're going to see load of cars parked on the main road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Rulmeq wrote: »
    I don't see any parking spaces either, does this mean that we're going to see load of cars parked on the main road?

No they have a carpark behind houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

buffalo wrote: »
    Sorry for large image. So much wall - I appreciate there's probably another house to go beside the gable, but where are all the other windows?

JLJ58FZ.jpeg

Those houses are just shocking. Are they fire regulation compliant? How can the upstairs bedrooms have no windows??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

Those houses are just shocking. Are they fire regulation compliant? How can the upstairs bedrooms have no windows??

My understanding from the replies is that there's a window in the section of wall hidden from view, facing into the 'gap'.

buffalo wrote: »
    Sorry for large image. So much wall - I appreciate there's probably another house to go beside the gable, but where are all the other windows?

JLJ58FZ.jpeg

Talking to the agent for these today. He is looking for €425,000 for these. Absolutely redicilious price for a 3bed in celbridge. Especially since they are advertised as started homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Talking to the agent for these today. He is looking for €425,000 for these. Absolutely redicilious price for a 3bed in celbridge. Especially since they are advertised as started homes.

Have they gone up to that now from 385k???

Have they gone up to that now from 385k???

Those ones were €395,000 last round. So a €30k increase. They are South facing though, not that it matters the garden is too small to get any sun anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

It is what that market will pay I guess

Advertisement