Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

CMcsporty wrote: »
    I wonder is he the oldest person ever to shoot a 68 in the opening round at Augusta?

Last time he started with a round in the 60s he won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

What’s with the buzzing noise in the back round like a drone or a leave blower on sky sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I know it'll never happen but if Augusta introduced Green Fees for say a month every year, how much would people be willing to pay per round?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

So good Dustin

meath4sam wrote: »
    What’s with the buzzing noise in the back round like a drone or a leave blower on sky sports.

There are drones all over the course it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

GreeBo wrote: »

Around 11 and 12 you hear them on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Earlier, McGinley said it will be unlikely if Fritelli is still there at the top come Sunday.

I wonder would he be so dismissive if it was Fleetwood or Casey of feckin' Tyrrell Hatton (whom hit the water two holes in a row and they entirely ignored).

McGinley is a *mod delete*
    Spent hours talking about Bryson going to have a wedge to 13 and he ends up with 7 on day one...

@rovers_runner, please refresh yourself on the forum charter, no personal insults wanted in this forum. Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

They say the masters really starts on the back 9 on Sunday. Could very well be over bar the shouting today if this continues from Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,620 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I know it'll never happen but if Augusta introduced Green Fees for say a month every year, how much would people be willing to pay per round?
    500 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,424 ✭✭✭✭kippy

They've been mentioned at least once every half hour by the commentary team. You'd swear they were a new invention!!

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    There's still many people out there that sadly believe that you need to despise anything British to be a real Irish person.

McGinley is a good guy.

Ah yeah sure it's grand to celebrate war and murder along with the British but not great to draw attention to them murdering us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

DJ going to try break the masters scoring record after only 36holes.

He is a very good front runner and hard to stop in this form. Like TPC Boston all over again

kippy wrote:
    They've been mentioned at least once every half hour by the commentary team. You'd swear they were a new invention!!
    They are new at Augusta, the reason they keep mentioning them is because of their surprise that the club is allowing them.

Turn it off then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

El Sueño wrote: »

Augusta is worshipped in the US, getting the chance to play it would be a once in a life time experience for most people so they could charge crazy money like $10000 and there would still be years long waiting lists

• Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jaysus Dustin off to a flyer, not giving many a chance if he keeps that up

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

DJ is taking it apart. Wedge play is superb

This is a thread about the US Masters, not the Sinn Fein Open.

Never voted Sinn Fein and never will, I have an issue with celebrating murder and war, hence my objection to a supposedly proud Irish man wearing the poppy on television.

Okay, you were given a warning and then posted this flaming/trolling/off topic comment, no more chances.
    This forum is discussions around golf and this thread is for The Masters, end of...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Deleted OT posts and card for that comments by rovers_runner.
    Back to The Masters please

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

This Nike gear is rancid

• Advertisement

They are new at Augusta, the reason they keep mentioning them is because of their surprise that the club is allowing them.

Surprise? Really.
    Down to money surely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

This is not the thread to discuss commentators. Back to golf please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Brooks Koepka now -4 from +2 late in his first round.

No that droning sound is actually just McGinley's commentary

Edit: didn't see mod warning as it was posted around the same time, apologies

kippy wrote:
    Surprise? Really. Down to money surely.
    Augusta national doesn't care about money because they've got loads of it.

They've always been behind the curve as regards what they allow, it's not too long ago that they first allowed women play there.
    There's never been overhead shots from there before.
    This club is ultra conservative with it's course. Security would be an aspect of that when you consider that members include Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. Former members included Eisenhower, Robert Woodruff, Melvin Laird and Jack Welsh. All powerful wealthy men.

Augusta national doesn't care about money because they've got loads of it.

They've always been behind the curve as regards what they allow, it's not too long ago that they first allowed women play there.
    There's never been overhead shots from there before.
    This club is ultra conservative with it's course. Security would be an aspect of that when you consider that members include Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. Former members included Eisenhower, Robert Woodruff, Melvin Laird and Jack Welsh. All powerful wealthy men.

I suppose the less people that go there, the more the lure and mythology of the place grows

This Nike gear is rancid

Thats the first thing my wife said when she saw the golf and casey was on last night.

well that and Westwoods wife shouldnt let him wear white trousers...I pointed out she was his caddy!

I suppose the less people that go there, the more the lure and mythology of the place grows
    I have a friend who was President if the GUI at one stage. There was a world amateur golf meeting held there during his time as President and they were all invited to play the course but even then they were only allowed play 12 holes. He's the only person I know that has ever played there.

Brooks Koepka now -4 from +2 late in his first round.

Excellent mental strength shown by himself and Bryson, a few others could take note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Those white numbered boiler suits that the caddies have to wear really annoy me. They are so symbolic of the bad old days at Augusta when all members had to be white and all the caddies had to be black and had to wear their ‘uniform’ to indicate their lowly status.
    I think it’s one tradition that they should ditch.

Advertisement