Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

HighLine wrote: »
    Not good for Rory. DJ has become very slow on the greens and Cantlay is just brutal.

I know he hates slow but he'll have to get over it, lucky he's not starting on the 10th and facing straight into amen corner. Probably will happen on Friday?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twounderpar

Jon Rahm is having some week in practice. Yesterday he had a hole in one at the fourth.
    Today at the 16th, he purposely skimmed his tee shot across the lake. It rolled up on to the green and went all the way
    to the back and into the hole. The most amazing hole in one you will ever see.

Dustin Johnson being interviewed in the conference centre there and was asked what his favourite tradition about the masters is. Dustin took a bit of time to answer then said the sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭paulos53

Jon Rahm is having some week in practice. Yesterday he had a hole in one at the fourth.
    Today at the 16th, he purposely skimmed his tee shot across the lake. It rolled up on to the green and went all the way
    to the back and into the hole. The most amazing hole in one you will ever see.

https://twitter.com/TheMasters/status/1326232433373704194

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Roger_007 wrote: »
    You cannot bludgeon Augusta into submission. The main defence of the course is, and has always been, the speed and slopes on the greens. There is virtually no rough such as you would find at the US Open.
    What seems to be annoying the ‘purists’ is that he is not only hitting it long off the tee, he is hitting it relatively straight. He also has a brilliant short game which I believe is what will make him the man to beat on Sunday. His all round game is just better than anyone else at the moment.

He also admitted there in an interview that he’ll be hitting it where patrons normally stand. Taking different lines than normal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I’m throwing a few quid e/w on Shane Lowry at 50/1. More out of hope than expectation, but you just never know.

Read the first post will ya?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fek, no live BBC coverage that I could see, just late night highlights, think NowTV the best value for all us non Sky Sports subscribers

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭blue note

slave1 wrote: »
    Fek, no live BBC coverage that I could see, just late night highlights, think NowTV the best value for all us non Sky Sports subscribers

Is the only way to get it for the 4 days though to get a month off now tv for €40? That's a bit steep!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Eir Sports are advertising that they will be showing all four days live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Reading a few reports and listened to a few podcasts that are saying that the course isn’t as good as in April. The grasses haven’t mixed as well especially around the greens which may affect chipping.

Weather forecast is due to be awful tomorrow too. Interesting that they are off both tees to try and fit in the groups. Finish very early on Sunday too to accomadate the NFL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭willabur

talk of preferred lies also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Russman

Not good for Rory. DJ has become very slow on the greens and Cantlay is just brutal.

Kinda agree with this. Cantlay would put you off watching golf altogether.

That said, I've never seen Rory so chilled and relaxed as he was at his presser last night. Maybe this could be his week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Russman

willabur wrote: »
    talk of preferred lies also

I'd say the green jackets will do everything to avoid that, even running into a Monday finish if necessary. Although in these strange times, anything is possible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Eir Sports are advertising that they will be showing all four days live.

Good to know but unfortunately I'm not an Eir customer

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Russman wrote: »

That said, I've never seen Rory so chilled and relaxed as he was at his presser last night. Maybe this could be his week.

I was thinking the same, he appeared quietly confident. He seems to be loving the fact that most of the attention is on Byrson and that he is going in somewhat under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Russman wrote: »

My heart sinks every time I see him in contention.

Not sure why his slowness affects me more than other players but it just does.

Without wanting to be harsh, I hope he's nowhere near my TV screen on Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

El Sueño wrote: »
    My heart sinks every time I see him in contention.

Not sure why his slowness affects me more than other players but it just does.

Without wanting to be harsh, I hope he's nowhere near my TV screen on Sunday evening.

I think that DJ is the slowest player once he gets on the green. He’s fast enough otherwise, but I feel I’ve aged years watching him and the brother arsing around on the green.

I was thinking the same, he appeared quietly confident. He seems to be loving the fact that most of the attention is on Byrson and that he is going in somewhat under the radar.

All the cameras and press is all over Bryson. Their isn’t even that much talk about the defending champ and that is Tiger woods. Rory even tried to steer more of the press towards him.

All golf twitter, podcasts, writers and broadcasters are mainly talking about Bryson. Their is so much pressure on him now. And let’s face it it’s his short game that also won him the US open.

Interesting also to hear from Adam Scott who is also questioning the anchoring again and feels that’s where Bryson has an advantage too. I’d agree that the way Bryson putts is also anchoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

1605044897315.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I found brysons comments fascinating about driving to where patrons would usually stand, it made me think, in his case the crowd is dictating how he plays courses, that’s not right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

• Registered Users Posts: 18,421 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I found brysons comments fascinating about driving to where patrons would usually stand, it made me think, in his case the crowd is dictating how he plays courses, that’s not right

Do trees (or any obstacle for that matter) dictate how you or indeed anyone else plays a course?
    Patrons/people are just another obstacle and one should generally be trying to avoid them for numerous reasons.

DoubleD wrote: »

Well he probably did have sandwiches as he wasn’t allowed into that dinner. The Champions dinner!!!!

And apparently you don’t have to eat what is on the menu anyway. You can just get what’s on the restaurants normal menu instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Well he probably did have sandwiches as he wasn’t allowed into that dinner. The Champions dinner!!!!

And apparently you don’t have to eat what is on the menu anyway. You can just get what’s on the restaurants normal menu instead.

If Lowry wins this time it will be interesting to see what will be on the menu for the dinner next time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Good to know but unfortunately I'm not an Eir customer

Fortunately perhaps!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

kippy wrote: »
    Do trees (or any obstacle for that matter) dictate how you or indeed anyone else plays a course?
    Patrons/people are just another obstacle and one should generally be trying to avoid them for numerous reasons.

Trees are natural and immovable,
    Patrons are not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

So Rory has had a 4 hour lesson with Butch due to Rory not being able to see his regular coach Bannon as a result of Covid.

And Butch says Rory will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Play suspended this eve due to inclement weather. Uh oh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,421 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Trees are natural and immovable,
    Patrons are not

Someone had to put them there........
    Patrons are part of the gig as a pro golfer in normal times, as are grandstands, paths etc etc.

• Advertisement

So Rory has had a 4 hour lesson with Butch due to Rory not being able to see his regular coach Bannon as a result of Covid.

And Butch says Rory will win.

A lesson a day or 2 before the masters is a bit strange.

Advertisement