Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor Massey Ferguson 390t any good

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭emaherx

That site has a 30E. 45hp . http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/1/6/165-massey-ferguson-30e.html

I don't think it matches the link for the one for sale but looks like a closer match in terms of hp

The 30E is a much newer tractor.

In the 60's an 70's there is a whole range of industrial models based around the 165/65 and 135/35. Some are even a mix, I've a 205 which looks quite like the picture in the ad but it has the same back end as a 65 and the engine is the same as a 135.

I often see these Industrial models being advertised as the wrong model too, the lack of medallions on the bonnet makes some lads guess the model before sticking up for sale on these websites, they are often just advertised as industrial 35/135/65/165 etc.

If the 30 is fitted with a 4 cylinder then I don't believe the tractor in the ad is a 30 and it's too old to be a 30E. It looks like a 3 cylinder tractor and the bonnet matches mine, but it's not a 205 as there is no tourque converter, I'm guessing maybe it might be a 202 or 203.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Yeah but but would be a newer machine so will cost you a bit more.
    Probably still a better value machine though

It would depend on the conditions of the 390. I paid 18ishK for a McCormick CX90 about 2 years ago with a loader on it. A clean 390's would cost you much the same definately up on 15K+. Friend bought an off farm 398 and paid 14K for it

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭raher1

That tractors cost around 40k.
    josephsoap wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26371883

Nice tidy size of NH there - are they fairly comfortable to drive/spend 12 hours a day in if required.

Which tractor brand would have the best sound insulation 15 year old ?

gozunda wrote: »
    From that link - I see there was a 30 T which was called a "Turf Tractor"
    Turf could mean lawn tractor not turf as in bogs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

raher1 wrote: »
    Turf could mean lawn tractor not turf as in bogs

Yeah I know that - used on golf courses, racetracks etc

tbh I was waiting for the jokes but in fairness no-one grasped that one ;)

And on that someone is now selling Irish Turf on Amazon

https://i.imgflip.com/4m3fbb.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/4m3feo.jpg

• Advertisement

emaherx wrote: »
    It seems to be just the same tractor on lawn tyres. Dont think it would be any better out on the bog though
    Quad bike is the only thing for the bog

Quad bike is the only thing for the bog

Can't say I've ever driven anything across a bog. Not in any hurry to either, looks like far too much hardship for an inefficient fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Can't say I've ever driven anything across a bog. Not in any hurry to either, looks like far to much hardship for an inefficient fuel.

You're not wrong...

4m3ovm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Bales, fert spreading, topping and some chain harrowing. Yeah the cabs a bit dated now. I’ve no issues with it touch wood. Tis a miser on diesel. Holds its value if I was you try looking at a landini powerfarm and see what you get for your dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭kk.man

gozunda wrote: »
    You're not wrong...

4m3ovm.jpg

She's to the ankles in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭josephsoap

That tractors cost around 40k.

Really ? Gosh I’m was thinking 30k

But I suppose you would be giving 40 for anything half decent these days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

kk.man wrote: »
    She's to the ankles in it.

A local man bought a 390 tractor that had been imported from England a good few year's back. It still had the original disc holder on the windscreen with the name of the dealership that sold it new, the dealership was called Cherry Hill.

One of the first jobs the new owner used it for was bringing out turf, it was a very wet summer and the bog was even more treacherous than usual. Sure enough he buried the tractor in a soft spot and it lay over on it's side half submerged. Another local contractor and character was sent for and eventually extracted it after 2 day's rooting with a digger. In the pub that night the contractor was being quizzed about his day's work, one of lad's asked him where about the tractor sunk. "About 4 inches off Cherry Hill" was his reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭selectamatic

If a very clean 390 or similar MF is what's wanted a man would be far better off looking in France for one. Most will need wheels and tyres changed and a pickup hitch fitted upon arrival though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭hopeso

That's true, but the nicer newer model I'd be looking for would be in the same HP bracket. Problem is there are not that many with the same sort of power in that small footprint with a low profile cab.

On the price of 390T's I see a lot of very rough tractors on DoneDeal looking for over 10K but they are usually listed for a long time, I'd doubt many sell anywhere near the asking price.

And honestly, I'd be interested to know of modern alternatives. The low roof is one of the most important factors for me, but I'll probably end up buying a bigger tractor but keeping the 390T as a yard tractor.

Here's an interesting one....I never saw a low profile version before...
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/2009-massey-ferguson-5455-t-iii-dyna-4-c-w-l-p-cab/26747625

• Registered Users Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

hopeso wrote: »
    Here's an interesting one....I never saw a low profile version before...
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/2009-massey-ferguson-5455-t-iii-dyna-4-c-w-l-p-cab/26747625

34k in euro Inc vat and no loader

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Mad money alright. I'd say it was probably less to buy when new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Tires look well worn for 4800 hours. He'll have another 2K to spend on new ones soon. Add that to the 1200 commission and its one very dear antique

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Tires look well worn for 4800 hours. He'll have another 2K to spend on new ones soon. Add that to the 1200 commission and its one very dear antique

Would you get much of tractor similar to the 390 size wise for €25K?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

How many hp do you really require? What jobs will it doing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement