Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish butter

Options
  • 07-11-2020 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭

Been drinking too much champagne on rooftop bars in Kuala Lumpur tonight but...

Is there actually anything better than Irish butter?

Just ate some sugary ****e Malaysian bread but the kerrygold saved it and made it taste like home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,225 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah Irish butter is best butter. Particularly bad is the butter you get in Spain or euro holiday resorts.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

While I don't buy into the whole everything Irish is better malarkey, I've yet to taste better butter from anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If I cant get my kerrygold I actually hate eating bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,066 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No, no there is not.

Kerrygold and some toast and I can not stop eating it until it is gone.

It's like cocaine.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Connaught Gold, full fat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

Witchie wrote: »
    Is there actually anything better than Irish butter?
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Whose going to bring the horses to France?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sugarman20

Our dairy generally speaking is better a lot of of cointries. That unsalted crap they eat in the states is beyond grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,123 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As someone who usually eats the substitute spreads, the odd time I decide to treat myself and buy pure butter, it's like night and day.

Real luxurious taste off butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

sugarman20 wrote: »
    Our dairy generally speaking is better a lot of of cointries. That unsalted crap they eat in the states is beyond grim.

That may be the case, but they are way ahead with that half half stuff in tea/coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

No, no there is not.

Kerrygold and some toast and I can not stop eating it until it is gone.

It's like cocaine.

Tesco butter has the same ingredients as Kerry gold, tastes the same and is 1/4 the price

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think it is the best I've tasted, living in England it is hard to get.

I will say I did pick up some 'West Country butter with sea salt crystals' from Aldi and it was divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Bernardo Bertolucci insisted on it in Le Dernier Tango à Paris

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

When Malaysian's come to Ireland do they pick up Kerry Gold and ask 'ah Kerryguld u av dees in Ireland too?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

It’s amazing stuff. Living in Germany, and the first thing I expected from people when I tell them I’m Irish is “potatoes”. But, no, it’s butter (closely followed by the Kelly Family!?!) . :D

We do make damn good butter.

I like Flora.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

I like Flora.

If I was religious, I'd pray for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Tesco butter has the same ingredients as Kerry gold, tastes the same and is 1/4 the price
    All salted butter has the same ingredients as Kerrygold.

The Tesco and Dunnes own brand stuff is very nice but it's a bit saltier and not as creamy.

• Site Banned Posts: 31 Yikesoc

Bob Harris wrote: »
    When Malaysian's come to Ireland do they pick up Kerry Gold and ask 'ah Kerryguld u av dees in Ireland too?'

That's racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Yikesoc wrote: »
    That's racist.

You made an account to post that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,066 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm not based in Ireland, so will have to take your word for it!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

SnowyMay wrote: »
    It’s amazing stuff. Living in Germany, and the first thing I expected from people when I tell them I’m Irish is “potatoes”. But, no, it’s butter (closely followed by the Kelly Family!?!) . :D

We do make damn good butter.

When I was in Berlin last year I noticed Kerrygold yogurt in supermarkets, made here for the German market, I've not seen it here. It wasn't the cheapest but I suspect it's considered a premium product. The black cherry was particularly delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Kerrygold on potatoes or toast is lovely. The reason Irish butter is nices is down to the cows diet. Cows are eating grass 300 days of the year and is naturally sweet. Cows out in Europe are indoors and a fed maize which gives a different texture and taste.

Notdeco wrote: »
    You made an account to post that?

It's has to be called out. Saying nothing only promotes this type of behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It's has to be called out. Saying nothing only promotes this type of behavior

Ooh Lord.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Please report any posts you have an issue with and let the mods review.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I think you need to check your maths

€3.50 kerrygold
    €2.09 tesco

About 35% cheaper.

For it to be 1/4 the price it would have to be 88c

Kerrygold butter only uses milk from dairy farms in certain areas whereas other irish butter will use milk from the entire island.

So for the person who has good taste buds, they will find a substantial difference.

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Please report any posts you have an issue with and let the mods review.

I have done but there should be no issue with me or indeed anyone calling out this sort of behavior on thread. A wider audience must see that it's not tolerated or accepted by all. Happy to leave it there now and to move on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I have done but there should be no issue with me or indeed anyone calling out this sort of behavior on thread. A wider audience must see that it's not tolerated or accepted by all. Happy to leave it there now and to move on.

It was a joke about an old Kerry gold add, where a French fella used that line. It wasn’t racist at all.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I was delighted when I found Kerrygold on sale here in he Netherlands. Every time I go to the shop now they only have unsalted though it’s devastating. I’m going to email the company.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement