Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 Captain?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Went Son (C), Kane (VC)

CSF wrote: »
    I think I understand what you’re going for now. Are the odds not against you in such a move if you consider the other guys more likely to return though? Especially since you don’t have to use a transfer to get the Tottenham guys in for a captaincy.

Of course, if Ziyech hauls and these guys blank you are laughing, but does the odds disparity between them not mean that you are more likely for all your rivals to be getting a much more dangerous differential of Kane or Son now on you?

I’m a big fan of a differential too, but usually only when I think they’ll perform similarly well or better to the most popular choices. That’s why I was originally wondering if you had some nuggets pointing to Ziyech being just as likely to haul.

For me, next week is a great week for a differential captain with Spurs and City playing each other and Liverpool facing Leicester which could be tricky based on their recent league form.

Well for me its the higher % ownership in one game that makes it easier for me, so in my head at least Zietch needs to perform better a much smaller % of the time to make it worth while.

Im also hedged this week by owning both aswell so when i lose out i dont lose by as much.

As I said im not sure im right but with having both covered it kinda feels right

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Well for me its the higher % ownership in one game that makes it easier for me, so in my head at least Zietch needs to perform better a much smaller % of the time to make it worth while.

Im also hedged this week by owning both aswell so when i lose out i dont lose by as much.

As I said im not sure im right but with having both covered it kinda feels right

It’s a messy one to calculate in the brain without knowing what the expected points are for Ziyech this week relative to Kane and Son. Paddy Power has them about 33% more likely to score (assist odds would probably be similar) but with Ziyech having played one game in the Premier League really, they’re kind of guessing.

Anyway, deadline gone, no more strategising to be done. Best of luck for the weekend!!!

It’s a messy one to calculate in the brain without knowing what the expected points are for Ziyech this week relative to Kane and Son. Paddy Power has them about 33% more likely to score (assist odds would probably be similar) but with Ziyech having played one game in the Premier League really, they’re kind of guessing.

Anyway, deadline gone, no more strategising to be done. Best of luck for the weekend!!!

Ya tbf the more ive been trying to explain my reasoning the less I think it was right :pac:but here we are :D

Cheers good luck to you too

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Rolling the dice this week and went with chilwell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Rolling the dice this week and went with chilwell

Well done !! Granted the clean sheet is gone ...but goal in the bag and opportunity to get amongst the bps

Well done !! Granted the clean sheet is gone ...but goal in the bag and opportunity to get amongst the bps
    I vice captained him. I'd nearly be hoping for Kane to have a rest day, although Dallas is my 1st sub, so maybe Chilwell would have to do a bit more before I can legitimately hope for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

He could have had a hat-trick. Hopefully he gets another attacking return in the second half.

Have people gone too far on Ziyech? Goal and an assist yes last week, but from an xG of 0.04 and an xA of 0.35. Does that run the risk of being a case of chasing last week's points rather than following the form?

Have seen the talk about Sheffield United being particularly vulnerable on that side of late, but A) given that Wilder is a defense first manager he will have unquestionably been devoting real time to shoring that up and B) at 8% ownership, having him might be enough of a differential if he does well, especially considering he hasn't played 90 minutes yet this season, and played 75 minutes on Wednesday, so probably isn't an odds-on candidate to be on the pitch in the last 20 minutes when Sheffield United might really have to open up to try salvage something from the game if they're behind.
    He sure looks the part here. Haul or no, it is clear that I know nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

He sure looks the part here. Haul or no, it is clear that I know nothing.

First time I’ve watched him live, he is a class apart today, could have had 4 or 5 assists.

• Advertisement

AdpRo wrote: »
    First time I’ve watched him live, he is a class apart today, could have had 4 or 5 assists.
    I watched last week and the xG and xA stats spoke for themselves. Today he has looked like a star and I'm left wondering if its him I should be chasing in this Chelsea attack now and not Werner. Ideally I would have liked to see how the team looks like with Pulisic in it, before making a decision like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Not in the bonus points as in stands. Turning 8 into 16 was a good result though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭siblers

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Not in the bonus points as in stands. Turning 8 into 16 was a good result though.

Winning goal might bring him up. It's pretty tight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

FourFourFM wrote: »

He beat my captain .... lookman, wasted a nice penalty opportunity....earned me zero points.

Advertisement