Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 Captain?

Options
  • 05-11-2020 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭

Who you got?

Thread 2.0 with a poll.

GW8 Captain? 132 votes

DCL (MUN)
    58% 77 votes
    Zaha (LEE)
    0% 1 vote
    Werner (SHU)
    1% 2 votes
    Ziyech (SHU)
    3% 5 votes
    Son (wba)
    1% 2 votes
    Kane (wba)
    11% 15 votes
    Vardy (WOL)
    18% 24 votes
    Auba (AVI)
    1% 2 votes
    KDB (LIV)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah (mci)
    0% 0 votes
    Other (please mention)
    3% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thinking of going with Chilwell.

Just don’t like early kick off matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Thinking of going with Chilwell.

Just don’t like early kick off matches.

I was having notions of that earlier too. I’ll never do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Son

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Probably Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Ziyech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Have to go with Kane this week. Mick Keane VC just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Captain Kaneman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have it on Kane with Werner as VC but tempted to swap them around

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Have it on Kane with Werner as VC but tempted to swap them around

Done exactly that.

Punt city!

With him on penalties now it is also a good help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Seriously tempted by Werner, but Frank could have notions of benching him like he wanted last week?

Floating towards Salah rather than Son as that game will either by 1-1 or catch fire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Adams, with Dingsy out and Southampton playing well this will be my first captain punt of the season

Punting Ziyech this week first captain one of the season

begbysback wrote: »
    Adams, with Dingsy out and Southampton playing well this will be my first captain punt of the season

Actually scratch that, SU are really crap, Werner it is, hopefully he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Son, Werner or Kane in that order probably, haven't captained Son yet this season but kind of fancy him this weekend. If I was certain Werner starts I'd go him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I like it. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Kane. Solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sheff U don’t concede a lot though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

"Lampard says he was planning on giving Timo Werner a rest at Burnley but obviously that didn't happen. He says he will look to manage his minutes in the future but not necessarily tomorrow, particularly as he is in such good form and building relationships."

That will do me!

Have people gone too far on Ziyech? Goal and an assist yes last week, but from an xG of 0.04 and an xA of 0.35. Does that run the risk of being a case of chasing last week's points rather than following the form?

Have seen the talk about Sheffield United being particularly vulnerable on that side of late, but A) given that Wilder is a defense first manager he will have unquestionably been devoting real time to shoring that up and B) at 8% ownership, having him might be enough of a differential if he does well, especially considering he hasn't played 90 minutes yet this season, and played 75 minutes on Wednesday, so probably isn't an odds-on candidate to be on the pitch in the last 20 minutes when Sheffield United might really have to open up to try salvage something from the game if they're behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm gonna take a punt on De Bruyne just cos he's quite good at football.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Have people gone too far on Ziyech? Goal and an assist yes last week, but from an xG of 0.04 and an xA of 0.35. Does that run the risk of being a case of chasing last week's points rather than following the form?

Have seen the talk about Sheffield United being particularly vulnerable on that side of late, but A) given that Wilder is a defense first manager he will have unquestionably been devoting real time to shoring that up and B) at 8% ownership, having him might be enough of a differential if he does well, especially considering he hasn't played 90 minutes yet this season, and played 75 minutes on Wednesday, so probably isn't an odds-on candidate to be on the pitch in the last 20 minutes when Sheffield United might really have to open up to try salvage something from the game if they're behind.

For me anyways this is lining up for a good weekend to have a differential, like Kane and Son (own both) are the least risky play and will be very highly captained.

Ziyech is my best option imo of scoring highest after them, so if the other 2 blank and he goes off (big if) i gain on many players, and there is only 2 players to dodge playing in the same game to do so. Slightly different in a normal week when the cpatincy is more spread.

I'm going into the weekend expected a red arrow most likely but I think its a decent calculated risk and if they do score big im protected to some degree by having them

Actually scratch the scratch, Adams it is, no gamble no future, with a double pool defence this week could go very wrong.

For me anyways this is lining up for a good weekend to have a differential, like Kane and Son (own both) are the least risky play and will be very highly captained.

Ziyech is my best option imo of scoring highest after them, so if the other 2 blank and he goes off (big if) i gain on many players, and there is only 2 players to dodge playing in the same game to do so. Slightly different in a normal week when the cpatincy is more spread.

I'm going into the weekend expected a red arrow most likely but I think its a decent calculated risk and if they do score big im protected to some degree by having them

I don’t fully get the logic here considering it’s very early in the season.

Is it that you think Ziyech is a better shout for points than Son or Kane or that you feel you need to go a different route after falling behind early?

If the former, what led you in that direction? I’ve seen a few people going that route so been trying to analyse it and can’t fully grasp it in terms of numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Going with Son

CSF wrote: »
    I don’t fully get the logic here considering it’s very early in the season.

Is it that you think Ziyech is a better shout for points than Son or Kane or that you feel you need to go a different route after falling behind early?

If the former, what led you in that direction? I’ve seen a few people going that route so been trying to analyse it and can’t fully grasp it in terms of numbers.

Its kinda like a 10/1 shot which i think is value as opposed to not. in betting terms.

So i think in the long run making this decision would be a points positive long term but is still unlikely to work out often if that makes sense

Edit:

or say you were in a 1 week league with 10 players and you knew everyone else was going to captain kane, you pick someone else and all the times kane blanks you have a much higher % chance of winning.

but you most likely lose when he hit but in the long run you win that 1 week enough to profit.

I've no idea if im right here either i could be talking cake but just feels right to me.

Hopefully that makes a little sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Picking lookman ... Here's hoping

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Werner

Its kinda like a 10/1 shot which i think is value as opposed to not. in betting terms.

So i think in the long run making this decision would be a points positive long term but is still unlikely to work out often if that makes sense

Edit:

or say you were in a 1 week league with 10 players and you knew everyone else was going to captain kane, you pick someone else and all the times kane blanks you have a much higher % chance of winning.

but you most likely lose when he hit but in the long run you win that 1 week more often then not.

I've no idea if im right here either i could be talking cake but just feels right to me.

Hopefully that makes a little sense

I think I understand what you’re going for now. Are the odds not against you in such a move if you consider the other guys more likely to return though? Especially since you don’t have to use a transfer to get the Tottenham guys in for a captaincy.

Of course, if Ziyech hauls and these guys blank you are laughing, but does the odds disparity between them not mean that you are more likely for all your rivals to be getting a much more dangerous differential of Kane or Son now on you?

I’m a big fan of a differential too, but usually only when I think they’ll perform similarly well or better to the most popular choices. That’s why I was originally wondering if you had some nuggets pointing to Ziyech being just as likely to haul.

For me, next week is a great week for a differential captain with Spurs and City playing each other and Liverpool facing Leicester which could be tricky based on their recent league form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i usually like a leftfield captain but Harry seems the standout this week so i got him in and gave him the armband

• Advertisement

i usually like a leftfield captain but Harry seems the standout this week so i got him in and gave him the armband

I’ve done the same because West Brom are so bad and Kane is only 2 games since looking really good. His last 2 performances would mean he’s probably out next week unless he really looks great this weekend.

Advertisement