Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattle Tags

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,209 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    They had to up their game when the competition arrived or they would be out of the tag business altogether. They had the entire market to themselves, no advertising required, but they became too lax with there standards a few years back.

Agreed , a bit of competition never did anyone any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭visatorro

whelan2 wrote:
    Agreed , a bit of competition never did anyone any harm.

Stayed with eurotags aswell . Replacement tags is very fast. Ordered calf tags. 10-12 working days. Cormac is 5-7 apparently. 21 eur for applicator.
    I just have 2 taggers here, one for each tag. Bvds seem better in last few years. But iv made a conscious effort not to hold them upside-down! Cormac have a friendly social media presence which helps the brand aswell. Fair play to them. But also fair play to eurotags because they seem to have upped their game

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

I agree that it has always been a nuisance getting the sample into to Mullinahone capsule.
    Oddly, I received Email from Mullinahone on Sunday reminding me to order Tags and one of their selling points is that they have a New User Friendly BVD Tube.

Yea I got the email.
    Selling points are new BVD tube. Free face mask and the main point is that they have not raised their price since 2016. (Wonder why)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,227 ✭✭✭tanko

Mullinahone weren't too bothered about improving their rubbish tags and customer service when they had a monopoly on tag supply even though it was obvious where the weakness was in the tags.
    I don't see why they are allowed to charge for replacement tags either, if they were properly made very few of them would fall out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

tanko wrote: »
    Mullinahone weren't too bothered about improving their rubbish tags and customer service when they had a monopoly on tag supply even though it was obvious where the weakness was in the tags.
    I don't see why they are allowed to charge for replacement tags either, if they were properly made very few of them would fall out.

They had a terrible attitude towards their customers when they held the sole franchise

money taken from credit card instantly and sometimes 6 weeks wait for delivery of calf tags ,

remember ringing for replacement tags one time and was ordering sheep tags as well no way who they combine the postage , had to do 2 separate packages

had a heap of bvd tags lost one year and they replaced them foc , had some tags left over to the following season , same story losses again and they wouldnt' replace these even though they were the same batch

My complaint was logged on file as had been dealt with by the manager eventhough I never heard a word from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Delighted with the cormac tags here, easier to read, so quick to send a replacement tag, and friendly people too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Jb1989

orm0nd wrote: »
    They had a terrible attitude towards their customers when they held the sole franchise

money taken from credit card instantly and sometimes 6 weeks wait for delivery of calf tags ,

remember ringing for replacement tags one time and was ordering sheep tags as well no way who they combine the postage , had to do 2 separate packages

had a heap of bvd tags lost one year and they replaced them foc , had some tags left over to the following season , same story losses again and they wouldnt' replace these even though they were the same batch

My complaint was logged on file as had been dealt with by the manager eventhough I never heard a word from him.

Still separate postage for replacements and new tags, last week, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭White Clover

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Still separate postage for replacements and new tags, last week, for me.

Same for me in September. I told them to keep them, Ordered from Cornac without any of that messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Mullinahone tags are rubbish, losses, pay again , aggravation, never again

Advertisement