Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Preacher arrested for singing and preeching of Jesus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

He was arrested as he was in breach of a court order issued in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Sounds like he had plenty of warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

NaFirinne wrote: »

No he wasn’t.
    Mr Tallon had in August been made subject of a District Court order prohibiting him from “engaging in public speaking and recording” anywhere within the environs of Wexford town including the Bull Ring area.

This was made under section 115 of the Criminal Justice Act 2006 dealing with civil anti-social behaviour orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Alot more to the story. He has on many occasions been very abusive to people walking past especially young women and teenage girls. He deserves whatever he gets and much more.

if hes anything like the guys on henry st then this is great

they are a public nuisance.

put away that loudspeaker, and talk away without that level of aggressive volume.

otherwise its the equivalent of real-life trolling imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

if hes anything like the guys on henry st then this is great

they are a public nuisance.

put away that loudspeaker, and talk away without that level of aggressive volume.

otherwise its the equivalent of real-life trolling imo

Freedom of speach should be defended at all costs.....this is wrong.

He was barred from mentioning the Name Jesus.

Were the apostles wrong to go out into the world preeching the Gospel?

They were arrested in their times for doing so....are we going back to these times...when it's offensive to people to hear the Gospel.

Now I haven't heard this man preech so I don't know if he was actually abusive or just quoting from scriptures.

However Preeching the Gospel on the streets should not be a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

He sounds manic.

He sounds manic.

How so, have you heard him preech...is there any videos of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

How so, have you heard him preech...is there any videos of it?

No, it was a reference to the welsh band ‘Manic Street Preachers’.

But I guess the obvious question is whether someone street preaching about Islam would have been arrested in the same circumstances. I suspect not.

No, it was a reference to the welsh band ‘Manic Street Preachers’.

lol sorry I didn't get that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭Penfailed

They were arrested in their times for doing so....are we going back to these times...when it's offensive to people to hear the Gospel.

Now I haven't heard this man preech so I don't know if he was actually abusive or just quoting from scriptures.

It's not a crime. Shouting his message through a loudspeaker is...and rightly so.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Freedom of speach should be defended at all costs...

He was under a court order, which he breached on numerous occasions. Don't be dishonest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

On the one hand, I've no problem with preachers, or Hare Krishnas or whoever having their say on the street. But if they start invading people's personal space, or being abusive, or shouting their message loudly at people, they need reigning in.

nah its clearly not at all what was either sanctioned or what i pointed out as problematic so the remainder of your own response is just irrelevant

if you have no good faith engagement to make i dont know what you expect from the thread tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭kksaints

He was a horrible pest, often abusing passers by and drinkers in the pub across the road. He also preached some fairly graphic anti abortion and anti mask views there at times. Think they shops and businesses there got sick of him, he also got in trouble in Waterford aswell I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Alot more to the story. He has on many occasions been very abusive to people walking past especially young women and teenage girls. He deserves whatever he gets and much more.

Yeah but he’s preaching about Jesus so none of that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

He should have become a priest then. He could rant away to his heart’s content then

Guy is obviously a nuisance and shouting abuse at people is not acceptable. It’s not very Christian either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Ide like to be able to go about my business without anyone screaming into a loudspeaker regardless of what they are saying.

If this fella wants to preach he can become a priest or found his own church and do it on a place where people want to hear him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

Sounds like a prize wanker. Religion should be exercised privately and flutes like this should be arrested immediatly and locked up for 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Liamo57 wrote: »
    Sounds like a prize wanker. Religion should be exercised privately and flutes like this should be arrested immediatly and locked up for 24 hours.

A prize wanker. I’m stealing that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

free speech? is that in the Irish constitution?

or should the OP move to the US?

As to being free to have amplified hate speech? after being told on several previous occasions to stop.....

no.

sorry mate as others have suggested, go start your own church indoors where people in the high street can get on with their lives without your ranting.

kksaints wrote: »
    He was a horrible pest, often abusing passers by and drinkers in the pub across the road. He also preached some fairly graphic anti abortion and anti mask views there at times. Think they shops and businesses there got sick of him, he also got in trouble in Waterford aswell I think.

Theres always more to these stories. The gardai are rarely bothered with preachers or buskers unless there is hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

The name Jesus is very offensive to many in today's society. Satan's grip over the world continues to tighten. Jesus came to the world for the sinners so that we wouldn't end up in hell. But many people are so deep in the world that the mere thought that God is real is a scary thought that they would rather other people end up in hell than be saved through what Jesus did on the cross for mankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The name Jesus is very offensive to many in today's society. Satan's grip over the world continues to tighten. Jesus came to the world for the sinners so that we wouldn't end up in hell. But many people are so deep in the world that the mere thought that God is real is a scary thought that they would rather other people end up in hell than be saved through what Jesus did on the cross for mankind.

Nah, people just don’t like being verbally abused while they go about their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,518 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The name Jesus is very offensive to many in today's society

It's not really though. Non believers and believers use the name all the time, every day when they hurt themselves, when they see something amazing etc...

Liamo57 wrote: »

How can christians excercise there beliefs privately when they have been asked by Christ to go out and preech the Gospel?

It's not suppose to be private.

If the man was legit abusive then that's different...but no one should be arreset for preeching the gospel on the streets.

Is there any legit christians on this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

...but no one should be arreset for preeching the gospel on the streets.

And nobody was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,518 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Is there any legit christians on this forum?

Obviously not when you see people like you defending homophobic & racist speeches that lasted for hours.

Did I see you round the bullring in Wexford recently ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

How can christians excercise there beliefs privately when they have been asked by Christ to go out and preech the Gospel?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/wexford-street-preacher-banned-judge-22611251.amp

Did Christ tell people to be racist and homophobic? Seious question, wasnt he all about the good samaratan parable about not juding strangers? And the only thing about gay people that Jesus ever said was the general love thy neighbour. He never said love thy neighbour, unless hes black or gay etc.

As regards having to go out and preach, Im not sure this was the way that was meant to be done

Advertisement