Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    As mentioned, 5 of the Cork defenders are 22 and under. Powter has lot of experience and a real engine too. A big loss, no doubt.

As mentioned, I dont know much about him. Seems things might be closer than the -6 bookies are quoting then. Ty

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭KIB4Life

Did Colm O’Rourke just say that Sweeney and Quinlivan aren’t that well known. What planet is he on anyone that talks about the Tipp football team, Sweeney and Quinlivan are the first two players that people mention. The RTÉ analysis is gone to the dogs in the past few years and that statement just confirms it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully the Tipp boys can do the Jersey proud.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Best of luck both teams.

It's great to see a Munster Football Final without Kerry involved.

Nothing against Kerry, just a nice change.

I agree with your sentiment. I would go further. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭scrubs33

KIB4Life wrote: »
    Did Colm O’Rourke just say that Sweeney and Quinlivan aren’t that well known. What planet is he on anyone that talks about the Tipp football team, Sweeney and Quinlivan are the first two players that people mention. The RTÉ analysis is gone to the dogs in the past few years and that statement just confirms it for me.

If that’s his level of preparation and analysis I’d hate to be working in his school. He’d know the top 5 or 6 teachers but everyone else isn’t that well known😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

KIB4Life wrote: »

It's not like there are many household names on his beloved Meath team at the moment either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tip settled very quickly, 2 oints up. Cork a bit loose in defence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dobman88 wrote: »
    As mentioned, I dont know much about him. Seems things might be closer than the -6 bookies are quoting then. Ty

Wasn't a dig. Merely that it was just mentioned in commentary

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Wasn't a dig. Merely that it was just mentioned in commentary

I've just flicked on. Didnt see the start of it so missed anything that was spoken about.

Ref giving Cork everything so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

That was a disgraceful decision by deegan there..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

Shoulder to the chest on the tipp man. Ref gives nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Ref giving Cork everything so far.

When? Cork man got fouled there, tipp fella dropped the ball before he even reached contact

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Ref giving Cork everything at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭elefant

When? Cork man got fouled there, tipp fella dropped the ball before he even reached contact

Ah now. It couldn't have been more of a frontal shoulder.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Deegan is going to give a lot of frees today

elefant wrote: »
    Ah now. It couldn't have been more of a frontal shoulder.

He lost the ball before he made contact. That’s his own fault, not a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭elefant

You don't know the rules of the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Michael Quinlivan has an All-Star, what an uneducated comment.

A player doesn't have to be in possession of the ball to be fouled.

• Advertisement

elefant wrote: »
    You don't know the rules of the game.

He put his head down and ran into contact. Not sure how that’s the defender’s fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Marty would drain you of life. 'Out for a foooooooooortaaaayyyyyyyyy fiiiiiiiiiiive.'

Ruairi Deane is a great man to carry the ball.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Michael Quinlivan has an All-Star, what an uneducated comment.

Didn't he play against the Aussies in the bastardball at least once if not twice also.

Ref needs to let the game go a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

It's been said before and it'll be said again. It's still worth saying now tho. Christ, Marty is fcuking painful.

Crazy tipp haven't won a munster since 1935 with only 6 counties and 5 of those are predominantly hurling.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

At least its a decent game and they're not sticking 15 behind the ball like all the big teams do.

threeball wrote: »
    At least its a decent game and they're not sticking 15 behind the ball like all the big teams do.

Correct, its fairly open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Quinvilan with a precision pass - lovely timing. Need that kind of ambition and creativity today.

Advertisement