Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This is it wrote: »
    I can't wear a watch with the strap in any way loose at all. If it's loose it always ends up rotating so that when I turn my wrist to read the time it's still facing up, or slightly away from me. Really annoying. Probably not good for the strap but generally I push the watch higher up my wrist until it's tight and won't move giving me a better viewing angle. Anyone else.have this issue?

Most of my watches are on bracelets, and true, they turn a fair bit. But I seem to be in the middle, not a chance of wearing them if another link removed.

Though through lockdown they are becoming tighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

My mother used to say..,.."You would swear his mother knit him" about the more hairy among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Birneybau wrote: »
    Most of my watches are on bracelets, and true, they turn a fair bit. But I seem to be in the middle, not a chance of wearing them if another link removed.

Though through lockdown they are becoming tighter.

It's why ratcheting clasps are great (not just for divers) - gives you the precise control to expand and contract the bracelet as needed.

In the absence of that - there should be micro-adjust holes in the clasp too which may give you the 0.1-0.2 extra mm needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Been trying this, not bad.

Pagani Batman, its some spec for cheap as chips

It has a tiny spec under the crystal, bit smaller than I had anticipated

But for E100 - not too shabby

DT
    5Mlx4Bvl.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I find if you offset the clasp of your straps it saves this issue! On my Sinn I have 3 removable links at 12 o clock and 1 at 6 o clock. On leather, order the buckle part longer. 80/105mm strap works a charm for me. Couldn’t live with the standard 70/120mm on the last nomos strap I bought.

Quick n dirty hack, swap the buckle side to 6 o clock and see if it makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

It's a NH35A movement isnt it deep thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

It's a NH35A movement isnt it deep thought?

Yup

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Calculator123

Not as fancy as many shared here but this has been on my wrist every day for the past 19 years. The replacement capacitor and various other repairs have cost more than the original purchase. After much humming and hawing, its successor will be the Sólás Starlight, so this one can finally retire when it turns 20.

532590.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Yup

Ideal, I see Invictas, Pagani etc with those Seiko movements like a Toyota car. Not the fancy man's high end but a nice reliable motor (or watch) Nice body and a reliable, respectable engine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yey..

Seamaster back from Chris at watchfix with bezel insert alignment

PXL-20201112-120115440.jpg
    u for pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Yey..

Seamaster back from Chris at watchfix with bezel insert alignment
    ]

Glad it got sorted in the end .too nice a watch to have the bezel insert wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

scwazrh wrote: »
    Glad it got sorted in the end .too nice a watch to have the bezel insert wrong

was a little frustrating as i sent it in initially and he moved it to the wrong place... and sent it back... but clarified where it should be and sent in again.. all done via post

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I just had this arrive in the post.

lKFyTU0l.jpg

It is the NTH Barracuda Polar White. I have to say that I think its a beauty. NTH made 50 of them in total in this run, 25 date and 25 no-date; so I am very happy to have gotten one. It looks like this no-date version sold out very quickly.

l8m0RCll.jpeg

This is it on the wrist. I need to size it, but annoyingly the screws in the strap are much smaller than any of my other straps so I have nothing that will work. Very irritating!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Cool watch! Any link?

Find out what size screw driver you need and get one from Bergeon. Costs a bit more than your typical budget screwdriver from B&Q but pretty reasonable all the same. That's exactly what I did for adjusting the bracelet of my Rolex. Could probably have done it with one of my existing (cheapo) screwdrivers, but just did not want to take the risk

I got it from Serious Watches (https://www.seriouswatches.com/collections/nth/products/nth-barracuda-polar-white-no-date)
    The service was top quality, I would highly recommend them.

Linky no worky. But yeah, my last watch is also from Serious Watches, but I bought it second hand. Great value for money it is too. Mine is the JC homage. Wearing it now.

The link should work now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

The Devil Ray:p

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Inspired by the Solas Starlight thread to get my first watch I decided to get another while I'm waiting for delivery...not sure if the day/date is a good omen though :eek:

IMG-20201113-104203-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

A friend pointed out it's not just Friday 13th - but Friday 13th of 2020 :pac: ... stay safe guys (and gals)!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm gonna cover myself in bubble wrap and sit in the middle of the room praying to all the deities I can remember at 13:13... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

My best mate got married on a Friday 13th. Sure that woudn't mean bad luck? He was divorced 7 years later :p
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    A friend pointed out it's not just Friday 13th - but Friday 13th of 2020 :pac:

At least we didn't live 700 years ago

Friday 13th of the year 1313 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    I got it from Serious Watches (https://www.seriouswatches.com/collections/nth/products/nth-barracuda-polar-white-no-date)
    The service was top quality, I would highly recommend them.

ah feck it anyway, another watch retailer to try and resist:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

1605347436308.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

A nice way to spend a Saturday

UU8s41M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Class piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Nice, local (very local :D) pick up

as i said to Fitz when he was buying it, i have owned the GSOTM, the DSOTM Pitch Black but never the OG DSOTM but IMO its the nicest variant,

and i was right :p

fTKg8FX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Vostok Amphibia 'Scuba Dude' and an interesting book I've just finished reading.

533026.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The way the Soviets screwed over the Poles in that was nothing short of vile. /aside

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Cyrus wrote: »
    Nice, local (very local :D) pick up

as i said to Fitz when he was buying it, i have owned the GSOTM, the DSOTM Pitch Black but never the OG DSOTM but IMO its the nicest variant,

and i was right :p

Welll wear, its suits you. I really wish I could have kept it, but because I love to make bad watch decisions, I needed to become more liquid rapidly. I did however have the privilege of trying on Cyrus's VC Offshore...and well thats a special watch. Know you have a buyer on that should you ever decide to sell. I have sold my JLC and Omega this weekend, people are thirsty of watches at the moment, a pal of mine is mid purchase on a fancy forum watch also. A good time for trading.

Advertisement