Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

So, the Dutchman put the IWC in the post and it landed today. It's a IWC Mark XV (model: 3253), just serviced with a new IWC leather strap. The 38mm size is good on my 6.75" wrist and there seems to be some anti reflective coating on at least one side of the sapphire. This is the first watch I've had in many years with numbers; I'm usually much more fond of stick indices.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,049 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That's class. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

A dream come true! Spending the week in Biel / Bienne Switzerland training on the new movement line after starting a new position in Movement Assembly

Horage is what the new Bremont ENG movement is based on and where I am doing the training. Here's a link to their site

https://www.horage.com/

Some more from today, continuing on with the movement and part making

Some highlights of the town

Post edited by IrishPlayer on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Good luck to you, @IrishPlayer!

You seem to be making rapid progress and enjoying it.

And letting us all live vicariously with your excellent retelling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,846 ✭✭✭✭unkel

My first Breitling. Very pleasantly surprised. I even like the rubber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I love the super ocean , have nearly bought one a few times now.Nice change from the blue dial you daily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

That is a lovely Breitling, nice and simple. I'm not a fan of their flashy stuff at all, just too busy for me.

Pulled this out today as it will be 20 years old this year. Had a new power cell fitted last year but I'll need to chase that up. It could be 9 months or more and it wasn't really worn but it seemed to be stopped. Usually it would go into a pseudo sleep mode with the second hand jumping several seconds at a time and when you put it on it would kick into normal operation. It didn't do that this time but seems OK now after much manual rotating to power it up a bit. Will wear it all week and see if that sorts it out.

Anyway - not to everyone's taste but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭micks_address

Lovely unkel. Very restrained for a breitling some of them are just super busy dials etc

Exactly yeah that's why I was never that attracted to Breitling although I liked the super ocean. Some of them are incredibly busy as if wanting to break the world record for most words on a dial 😁

Interesting that the likes of Breitling and Tudor have now moved into the entry level luxury watch segment. This used to be solely occupied by Omega, but their prices have gone to lalaland new and second hand. I bought a Seamaster pro 41 automatic back in 2017 for €975, those days are long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I had one of those back in the day, probably my first decent watch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Really like that Breitling Unk. I've owned the Superocean 42 and its a watch I still miss. The clean dial and the colour are a great combo.

Same for me - bought it on a business trip in Hong Kong. Think it was about USD$350 equivalent. Box and stuff long gone as it was a daily wearer for a lot of years.

Mrs Traco also bought me a Sector at some point and I wore the strap out on that. Weirs said it couldn't be repaierd. Wonder if its still in a box somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,268 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

That’s very nice, I was eyeballing them when on holiday.

Im after something with a bit of colour, I have a pelagos and black seamaster that are very similar and I think the ceramic seamaster will go.

What size is it btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ian OB

1st outing of the new season for this boyo. Hope the weather improves while we're en route

It's an A17320, 46mm, but doesn't wear that big

Perfect size for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Wow, I got an Indur quartz for my18th birthday. Still have it eleventy hundred years later. It is worn to hell, but largely intact.

Don't think I've ever seen another in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I shouldn't have, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

My latest. Seiko solar chronograph recraft.

Took a chance on this one, glad I did.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

1973 Girrard Perregaux

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭H_Lime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Have to say.. cheap as chips ( well €199) and a cracking watch

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I like that but then I'm biased. What's the logo say, I can't make it out.

Heading into the big smoke so broke out the almost identical big gun to the above!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Ha. It looks like whoever is sitting down just kicked the dog over.

Timex

PAN AM ?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Ha.. didn't see that... Yes Pan Am

Lovely. love the Big Pilot ... But without the sub dials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Easy to guess where tonight’s few pints are being had

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pael

2 recent Swiss Automatic daily beater acquisitions:

A Hamilton Khaki Scuba Automatic Syroco Special Edition: The build quality on this is excellent for the price as is the lume. Very comfortable on the wrist at 40mm.

And second, a Luminox Automatic Constellation: I’m not sure how much i like the dial on this watch and the build quality doesn’t feel great for a watch with a RRP of around 1k but I couldn’t help picking it up for the self illuminating Tritium which really is a killer feature for anyone who does a lot of nighttime activity. Will be looking to pick up something a bit better made with Tritium in the future, maybe by Ball.

Looking at a Longines chrono/calendar combo for the next purchase… https://www.longines.com/en-us/watch-the-longines-master-collection-l2-673-4-78-6

Post edited by Pael on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The longines Master range does have some really cracking pieces IMO. The only advice I'd offer if you decide to pick one up? Is buy it 2nd hand, they really take a dip Vs new and there's good value to be had 2nd IMO.

Advertisement