Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Seiko Bell-Matic 4006-7019 21 Jewels "US Export model" from October 1967

Back home for the Christmas so decided to take a walk to the former Irish Swiss Institute of Horology in Blanchardstown which has been a big influence on my watchmaking Journey.

Just wanted to say Thanks for all the support, it's been a very exciting past year! Wishing everyone all the best for 2023 and will have another exciting update in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭dinorebel

If I could afford a Sub I'd be all over it but I have 2 daughters going through college so it's just not an option, I do have a Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT on the way for my birthday and honestly am as excited as if it was a Rolex.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This big oul thing today.

You'd think I'd take a cloth to the crystal...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

About to head off to Belfast for the next 2 nights. Does anyone know can you just pop into Pride and Pinion or do you need an appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Omega has been on the wrist for the past few days and the bezel has even been put to use for the oven timings 😉

I do need to reset the GMT hand to US time tho.

@Pablo_Flox attached P&P' Xmas schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭scwazrh

The snowflake really sparkles in Xmas lights. I took it off the bracelet and tried it on leather but think I prefer it on the bracelet. It’s nearly too light on leather , not that it’s heavy on the bracelet but i have to keep checking it’s still on my wrist .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Would anyone See a problem of me purchasing a watch in the US and having to shipped to my hotel in New Jersey in 2 weeks time?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Credit card payment address wouldn’t match shipping address which can be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ian OB

Have bodged setting the time on this in the absence of a stem*. New crown of blue tack fitted to keep the elements at bay. As you can guess I'm not exactly a purist about these things.

*This would explain the scratches on the dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭fortyplus

Hi.

A rare post from me, but a bit of self-gifting this Christmas.

JLC Master Control. I have a JLC reverso day/night from almost 20 years ago and it's lovely, but heck, at this stage legibility at night is poor without reading glasses🙁

So I saw this and took a chance, and have been exceedingly well pleased. It's far nicer than it photographs, the face has a sunburst-cream-grey appearance that is difficult to capture. Proportions are lovely, it wears elegantly & Mrs really likes it. Bought at auction, and and it cleaned up to almost as new. Time keeping is about +4 seconds /day, or maybe even better, but in any event all appears to work fine. Joins the other JLC & white face Seamaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭H_Lime

What a piece Forty plus, I applaud your choice in the face of the obvious candidate!!!!

H_Lime Excuse my ignorance, what is the obvious candidate😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭893bet

O'Reilly, Francis St. It was in November auction, did not sell, I bought in December. A bit wary buying a watch at auction, but it's 2019, condition looked good but grubby and so far so good. It's now as new to the naked eye, I took off the strap & polished with a Cape Cod polishing cloth, and it came up beautifully.

Incoming myself today. Bit random for me. LeMan fly back chrono. There a tree very few chronos that for my size preferences so couldn’t leave it pass. Dial has wonderful depth.

Was this the one on adverts ?lovely watch except I can’t unsee the cut out 6 & 10 . 38mm isn’t it ?

Yes that’s the one.

And I know. It’s one of my pain points also.

38mm or so and wears relatively small. Similar in wear size to the Ming you now have.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nice. And a flyback too. I've long been surprised how so many of the big money chronos out there don't include this complication(especially the ones that claim aviation history). And as it happens this very eve, I'm keeping the faith with you. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

My most recent addition to my modest collection.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Great watch.I bought mine in 2017 and still wear it regularly.Bracelet is typical seiko so I wear it on a rubber strap but can’t fault the watch itself and Lume is savage as to be expected .

• Advertisement

Cheers.

Any suggestions on where to get a rubber strap?

I like the Barton watch straps .Under €30 if I remember correctly, have the quick release spring bars and lovely and soft .Ive also tried the crafter blue but they are closer to €80 and very stiff .Smell great though , I think they had a vanilla extract or similar to the rubber compound.

Cool, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,027 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Or just the standard Seiko OEM rubber bracelets, they are grand, cheap as chips and quite comfy. I think they are called Z20 / Z22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

Yup, wearing mine as we speak, I have the OEM Seiko bracelet, a couple of Crafter Blues and a selection of other random straps for my Samurais and the Seiko rubber is the most comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've had a couple of Barton straps and I had trouble with one of them. It had a stitched border that just started fraying. Barton sent a replacement and even followed up to check I'd received it. Great service for what was a €20 strap in fairness. The replacement was perfect too.

Obligatory watch photo below. A bit of a lume monster too 😁

I’ve always found the older Seiko rubber very stiff and uncomfortable. The newer ones released a few years ago are very good though but are €80/€90

The old ones are cheap but as I said very stiff

• Registered Users Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Happy new year folks, this is my favourite incoming this year I must say

Happy new year to all and may next year bring us all lots of watches and debate topics to keep this forum ticking along.

Ive had a good few incomings and a couple of outgoings this year .The Cartier Santos or GS snowflake are my favourites.Most disappointing watch in for me was the BB58 and has now been moved on.It was a watch I was sure I would like based on all the hype but lesson learned to ignore the hype in future.I still think it looks great in pics but on the wrist it’s nothing exciting for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I need to get on to saving towards a Santos at some point. Lovely watch.

Advertisement