Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

2shea wrote: »
    Is that the 39mm Titanium?

No 39mm stainless steel. I don't think you can get the Titanium in 39mm. That's a 42mm watch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

flanzer wrote: »
    My wrists are almost feminine (6.5")
    Meet your wrist stunt double. :D It looks to fit well on you and I would have thought it might not on the wrist size score.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Wibbs wrote: »
    Meet your wrist stunt double. :D It looks to fit well on you and I would have thought it might not on the wrist size score.

:D I'm still trying to get used to the 39mm, as I've always had large watches. The Nato obviously adds a bit of chunkiness too. Reality though, this watch suits my wrist the most, when I consider the lug to lug length too versus width of my wrist from above. I won't be venturing back to the large watches anytime soon, or until my eyesight goes in 40 years ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I finally got around to putting the bracelet I ordered onto the Tressa Lux.

IMG-20201214-134122.jpg

I would have preferred a two tone with curved end links but didn't have much luck when I went looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Bling! You'll have a solid yellow gold day date next. On the solid yellow gold president bracelet of course :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

unkel wrote: »
    Bling! You'll have a solid yellow gold day date next. On the solid yellow gold president bracelet of course :D

I think this is '1980's drug dealer' enough for me. Given where I live I don't think the attention a solid gold watch would bring would be a smart choice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Wearing my Samurai Dawn Grey today.

JpxFTphl.jpg

A real beauty if I do say so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,251 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Something nice about grey dials.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

A cheapie arrival today, been interested in these since I saw the first photo's and with the bonus of a Seiko automatic movement.

This is the Pagani Design homage to the new Bond 007 Commander. I like that they have kept enough difference so it's not a direct lookalike. No fake escape valve crown like on some versions and they have went with their own branding and not the 007 style, handset is different also.

Overall this is a decent watch that comes with a nice rubber strap and deployant clasp. I think the are around $140 from aliexpress, I picked this one up from watchuseek for just over $100 with a bonus mesh strap.

3qxBADl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,606 ✭✭✭✭banie01

HDMI wrote: »
    A cheapie arrival today, been interested in these since I saw the first photo's and with the bonus of a Seiko automatic movement.

This is the Pagani Design homage to the new Bond 007 Commander. I like that they have kept enough difference so it's not a direct lookalike. No fake escape valve crown like on some versions and they have went with their own branding and not the 007 style, handset is different also.

That's a striking watch, it's just different enough to not be a total clone/copy.
    I like the handset, is it lumed in the same way as the Omega?
    I mean are the hour and minute hands a different line colour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

HDMI wrote: »

Overall this is a decent watch that comes with a nice rubber strap and deployant clasp. I think the are around $140 from aliexpress, I picked this one up from watchuseek for just over $100 with a bonus mesh strap.

I ordered one of these and a Pagani Daytona clone (Daytauxna?) on the AliExpress 11:11 sale. I finally fell for Jody’s spiel on Just One More Watch.

This one hasn’t arrived yet, I’m pleasantly surprised with the finish of the Daytona clone (except for the clasp/divers extension which is awful), and mildly fascinated by the snap of its mecha-quartz Seiko movement.

I needed beaters for work, I’m sick of clattering the bezels of my nicer watches off stuff.

I do have mixed feelings about the clone/homage thing, but as you said, the 007 is just about enough of its own thing. The Daytona not so much, but at least they stuck their own branding on it. And there’s no annoying branding on the rehaut, no matter how technically demanding it is to get right!

536186.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

While I was waiting for the watch to return from service I've been busy on the strap front.

Got two Meyhofer leather racing straps 19mm for clasp one navy and one dark brown.
    And got two 'China' straps also 19mm for clasp. One rubber and one canvas. The canvas one seems a 'kock-off' version of the Omega 19mm canvas strap visually. It may not be as good but its not bad and, hey, €200 plus vs a tenner.

Eventually I figured out how to remove the bracelet. Its a bit tricky but once you have it figured out it becomes easy enough. Forget about spring bar tool, screwdriver is your friend.

After that I was ready to give all the new straps a try..

Te dark brown leather strap didnt look very good on the watch. I thought dark brown would work well with this watch, but it doesn't do it for me.
    The China rubber strap doesn't look great 'cos the lengths are off and the clasp doesnt sit in the centre.

But the Meyhofer in navy and the China canvas strap do the job. For now I'm thinking the leather strap is the one to go on rotation with the bracelet.

What do you guys think?

Btw, I took quite some time with the photos but I must be either a photography donkey or there is quite a bit in it to get a good watch shot. Took me 45 minutes to arrive at those two shots and they look quite poorly IMO. But I dont have a good camera either. I have the phone and a Casio Exilim which is great for recording slow motion golf swings but maybe not so much for near macro shots.

536187.JPG

536188.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,521 ✭✭✭micks_address

The first one is a winner for me. I just can't look past the bracelet with my Skyfall. Just find it wears fantastically well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

The first one is a winner for me. I just can't look past the bracelet with my Skyfall. Just find it wears fantastically well

Agree with all of that. Its hard to get past the bracelet.

But I do find a strap wears more comfortably. I'll give them a go for a couple of weeks each and see how it works out. But yes the leather in navy is my favourite besides the bracelet. It is a really nice dark navy and goes well with the dial. And the quality is very good, too.

Both look much better in the flesh. My photos are cr@p.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Both look pretty good, I prefer the sail cloth, more sporty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

While I was waiting for the watch to return from service I've been busy on the strap front.

Got two Meyhofer leather racing straps 19mm for clasp one navy and one dark brown.
    And got two 'China' straps also 19mm for clasp. One rubber and one canvas. The canvas one seems a 'kock-off' version of the Omega 19mm canvas strap visually. It may not be as good but its not bad and, hey, €200 plus vs a tenner.

Eventually I figured out how to remove the bracelet. Its a bit tricky but once you have it figured out it becomes easy enough. Forget about spring bar tool, screwdriver is your friend.

After that I was ready to give all the new straps a try..

Te dark brown leather strap didnt look very good on the watch. I thought dark brown would work well with this watch, but it doesn't do it for me.
    The China rubber strap doesn't look great 'cos the lengths are off and the clasp doesnt sit in the centre.

But the Meyhofer in navy and the China canvas strap do the job. For now I'm thinking the leather strap is the one to go on rotation with the bracelet.

What do you guys think?

Btw, I took quite some time with the photos but I must be either a photography donkey or there is quite a bit in it to get a good watch shot. Took me 45 minutes to arrive at those two shots and they look quite poorly IMO. But I dont have a good camera either. I have the phone and a Casio Exilim which is great for recording slow motion golf swings but maybe not so much for near macro shots.

id go bracelet or oem croc, i dont think either of those are adding anything sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭893bet

Think the first one is terrible match personally.

Like the second. Similar to the OEM one that I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭oknepop

Wanted to see what all the fuss was about and picked up a Casio Royale. In short, not much, but it's a fun little watch. Tempted to mod it with some coloured inserts for the different "screens" à la all the instagram pics.

upAploU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

banie01 wrote: »
    That's a striking watch, it's just different enough to not be a total clone/copy.
    I like the handset, is it lumed in the same way as the Omega?
    I mean are the hour and minute hands a different line colour?

Same colour lume, at this price I would have been surprised if it was mixed also seems to last a while.

7D8PW39.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

So..

I have been on here for many years, bought, sold and traded with many of you.

Like many I have had something that I thought was perfect only to see that it wasn't quite for me.

The day has arrived that has been over 8years in the making, from that June 2012 day sitting in Paul Sheeran's pondering the purchase that in the end didn't occur.

Today I took ownership of that watch (a newer model mind)

I present to you all the IW377714, Pilot Chronograph Le Petit Prince.

This is the way.

vaNWfNQm.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

So..

I have been on here for many years, bought, sold and traded with many of you.

Like many I have had something that I thought was perfect only to see that it wasn't quite for me.

The day has arrived that has been over 8years in the making, from that June 2012 day sitting in Paul Sheeran's pondering the purchase that in the end didn't occur.

Today I took ownership of that watch (a newer model mind)

This is the way.
    beautiful

congrats :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Agree with all of that. Its hard to get past the bracelet.

But I do find a strap wears more comfortably. I'll give them a go for a couple of weeks each and see how it works out. But yes the leather in navy is my favourite besides the bracelet. It is a really nice dark navy and goes well with the dial. And the quality is very good, too.

Both look much better in the flesh. My photos are cr@p.

Same here for my Omega PO, I took a brown leather and blue croc and they both looked fine, the blue in particular. Then one day I put the steel bracelet back on and just thought it looked too good to swap again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,606 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This is the way.

Delighted for you Deep Thought!
    It's always great to see someone nail their grail.
    I'll be joining you in the IWC club soon myself :)
    Waiting on a 3878 myself.

Not quite as pretty as your acquisition tho.

this-is-the-way-dancing.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

This is the way.

SNIP

Proper Job, well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Deep Thought's purchase got me thinking about fliegers (again). IWC are out of my league (the XVI and XVIII are very wantable), but when you look around there is great value to be had in other brands. I know two of these below are probably too small at 36mm for most people, but they're still pretty cool.

First up, an Archemede 36mm at €780. (See: https://www.archimede-watches.com/pilot/pilot-36/)

JeBVZ7r.png

Second, a Stowa 36mm at €925. (See: https://www.stowa.de/en/Flieger+Classic+36.htm)

HlSLos4.png

And finally, and probably the best value of the bunch, is a Laco Augsberg 39mm at €340. That's a bit of a bargain. (See: https://www.laco.de/en/watches/pilot-watches-basic/pilot-watch-augsburg-39mm-automatic-leather-strap)

Z44e5Ze.png

Just for fun, here is the IWC Mark XVIII, at €4,590. It does look well, in fairness.

GczMK9E.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Tisell in korea has a couple of fliegers. Korean microband with some nice homages. I have two I'm very pleased with, a 905ex and vintage sub.
    Some of his fliegers.

536359.jpg

536358.jpg

At 224 and 159 bucks, might scratch an itch.

My own watch choice today, flagged on the bargains thread and I upgraded to an OEM bracelet.
    536356.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

@nj beautifull citizen would you have the model no please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Just for fun, here is the IWC Mark XVIII, at €4,590. It does look well, in fairness.

(chuckles)

I'm in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

This is the way.

snip

This is the way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

@nj beautifull citizen would you have the model no please?

Looks like a BN0151. On the look out myself at the moment for one. Prices seem to vary from €170 ish to €300 plus, so I'd recommend shopping around.

Advertisement