Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Seiko Blumo

sXvBad3l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Thirdfox wrote: »

She loves it - this could be well be her "one and done" watch (when she's not modelling/enjoying a Sólás timepiece). And now I get to point out to her that she now owns the most expensive watch in our household (at least per rrp) :D

Well done Thirdfox.

My wife is celebrating a significant birthday this month but she's not really interested in watches and quite happy with her Skagen quartz.

I'd have happily bought her a new watch but she's more into jewellery so financed her foray to the tune of a modest sum. We're talking more in the range of a Seiko 5 than a lady's Rolex, in money terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Well done Thirdfox.

My wife is celebrating a significant birthday this month but she's not really interested in watches and quite happy with her Skagen quartz.

I'd have happily bought her a new watch but she's more into jewellery so financed her foray to the tune of a modest sum. We're talking more in the range of a Seiko 5 than a lady's Rolex, in money terms.

You can get beautiful jewellery in the affordables section too (another one of my businesses in a previous life was diamond jewellery production). But - if you don't need diamonds may I suggest moissanite? More fire than diamond, less scintillation, harder than sapphire but less hard compared to diamond - the lab created stuff can be very cost effective - think 200-300 euro for top quality 5-6 carat moissanite.

If it sparkles just as well as a diamond, is almost as hard as a diamond and around 1000x cheaper - could be worth considering!

If it sparkles just as well as a diamond, is almost as hard as a diamond and around 1000x cheaper - could be worth considering!

No I just provide the finance and she gets what she likes. The purchase has already happened.

Also a very safe choice! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

another one of my businesses in a previous life was diamond jewellery production
    You Sir, never cease to amaze. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    You Sir, never cease to amaze. :)

Alexandrite is something else I highly recommend checking out - blue/green in sunlight and red/purple in incandescent or fire light. Natural stuff can be more expensive than diamonds but again there is the lab created options (chemically the same).

A lot of cool/interesting minerals/gems out there other than diamonds certainly.

A three stone option with a centre piece of colour changing alexandrite and flanked by two moissanite stones - mounted in 18k gold or platinum and it’s a lovely ring that looks amazing. Doesn’t cost the world either.

Debeers is quaking in their boots thinking diamonds will go the way of pearls where cultured ones absolutely destroyed the value of natural ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭oknepop

Timefactors PRS-25 Expedition.

Great watch for the money, bracelet is let down a little by the fake rivet ends though.

50yhsEY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

oknepop wrote: »

Great watch for the money, bracelet is let down a little by the fake rivet ends though.

I've been looking at that watch for months now. I love the dial and its only 36mm.

The bracelet rivets, I do not like at all though

Great watch for the money, bracelet is let down a little by the fake rivet ends though

Doesn't it come with a fan leather strap also? Leather strap would be more like the original. They should offer it without the bracelet at a lower price.

• Advertisement

The bracelet is grand to be honest when you don't look too closely at it. Has a certain charm to it, though I would've preferred a regular oyster style bracelet. It does come with a leather strap, but I wasn't too into the colour of it and it has a silly roller buckle on it, so it stayed in the box. Got an aftermarket strap which suits the watch well, here's an older pic:

1WJrdpX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Nice, looks good on the leather strap. A mate was looking at a regular Everest PRS-25 36mm a while back, they’re perpetually sold out and then get snapped up as soon as stock is available. It’s a handsome watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

IMG-20201211-152829-865.jpg

Explorer today

Decided to show a little love to my Tissot Ballade and bought it a new Barton leather strap.

535934.JPG

I swapped over the Tissot deployment clasp.

535935.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Actually going out and wearing a shirt.

PXL-20201212-122245768.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,204 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You going dancin' Fitz? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭Homer

Was missing something a) white faced and b) in the dress category...

Longines Flagship Saint Imier Chronograph...

2020-12-12-0001.jpg
    IMG-2142.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Fitz II wrote: »
    Actually going out and wearing a shirt.
    Feel like I should thank this a 2nd time for the shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭893bet

Where is this “out” that had been mentioned?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Well fitz you’ll be delighted to know the AP has more thanks than MT cranium on the weather forum 😄

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭banie01

blue5000 wrote: »
    Well fitz you’ll be delighted to know the AP has more thanks than MT cranium on the weather forum 😄

Has he posted about snow?
    Is there gonna be snow?
    :pac:

Please let it be snow rather than storms!

I reckon I have this about 12 years. PRW-1500 Protrek. I love the display - back then Casio would make them with their own unique modules. Nowadays no matter how massive the G Shock*, the actual numbers will be the same size as anything else.

This is a very decent module. You should probably not count on the sensors for much more than estimates - except for the compass which is generally accurate. It has the much coveted (by me) time displayed in all modes except the tide graph screen when it will still tell you the date (ahhhhh, Casio). The only other negative is the count down timer is only 60 minutes (why???). The stopwatch is 24 hours though.

I havn't worn it for 2 or 3 years and it sprang back into life with no issues.

vR2dvMl.jpg

*the last G Shock I can think of which had larger numbers was the MTG-910 - a great if quirky watch in its own right)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Treated myself to a little Christmas present, and took delivery this morning. My wrists are almost feminine (6.5"), so it's a perfect size :D .. ordered a couple of natos during the week too.

The original, formal/sporty look, for whenever I wear a shirt/suit again
    536029.jpg

A blue/navy nato, for when the sun comes out again, and summer sets in! Though I think the colour might need to be more of a royal blue
    536031.jpg

The daily choice for now, as I'm trying to be more active at the moment, so the oyster would annoy me
    536030.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭micks_address

That looks perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I had my own one on at the beach yesterday on a sunny December day!

fKFPEigl.jpeg

It is a lovely watch, you will be very happy with it. Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    I had my own one on at the beach yesterday on a sunny December day!

It is a lovely watch, you will be very happy with it. Enjoy!!

Nice, very happy with the first few hours of ownership anyway!

My other shrouded watch.

02cUsHQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

My other shrouded watch.

Did you take that off Banie's hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Birneybau wrote: »
    My other shrouded watch.

Did you take that off Banie's hands?

Not mine, that's still up on adverts ;)
    If anyone's interested :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

flanzer wrote: »
    Treated myself to a little Christmas present, and took delivery this morning. My wrists are almost feminine (6.5"), so it's a perfect size :D .. ordered a couple of natos during the week too.

The original, formal/sporty look, for whenever I

A blue/navy nato, for when the sun comes out again, and summer sets in! Though I think the colour might need to be more of a

The daily choice for now, as I'm trying to be more active at the moment, so the oyster

Is that the 39mm Titanium?

Advertisement