Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip chat

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Eir have rolled FTTH a year or two ago.

Superb.. I’m getting 385/85 Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Application for an extension to Harpur Lane gone in, 230 units (ref. 2360485). The traffic noise is going to be horrible for anyone at the edge! I don't understand why they don't put in more trees along the boundary to dampen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭JDigweed

Now would be the time to submit your view to the council while it's still in the planning stage. IMO every estate should be packed with as many trees as possible considering we have made a complete mess of forestry in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Mikros

The noise from the motorway there as it stands will probably be in excess of WHO guidelines (even though there is no legal limit in this country). From their own noise report they state that people will have to keep their windows closed to stay within the limits inside the house, that is to say nothing about being outside in gardens / green spaces etc. Really shouldn't get permission until the M4 is fully resurfaced at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jorry

Leixlip 'Masterplan'

Interesting tip bits -

• removing parking spaces from bottom of Captains Hill,
    • pedestrianise Ralph Sq. and annex half the spaces in Arthur Guinness car park.
    • Redevelop Wonderbarn outbuildings to social and cultural standards.

I thought they should of incorporated Leixlip Spa and Canal Aquaduct - path along Rye stops just short of Aquaduct already. However no real timelines and while obvious traffic calming measures are required there is no consideration to the pending new planning proposals in Confey that will inevitability increase traffic flow up the hill. But here's hoping some of the plans will commence !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Just moved to River Forest. Where are they looking to develop, over the bridge and left?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Thanks

Sad to see the Liffey Champion of the week leading with 'loss of car parking spaces'. I've never struggled to find a parking spot whenever I've driven to the village - between the village carpark, Captain's Hill and Aldi, yet the village is still decaying. There's more than enough busses from Riverforest (I think people were complaining there's too many?) and four routes up the far end.

I don't think the masterplan will revolutionalise the village, but surely it's time to try something more drastic than a couple of fume-choked picnic benches? I'd love to see a car free day once a month over the summer, with busses still allowed through. Stick a market in Arthur Guinness square, let people chill out.

The removal of the post office to Barnhall is a massive blow imo. Can't see it being reversed though.

Also, I heard another barber is going into the old Paddy Power. If true, that will be seven barbers in the village, excl. hairdressers. Is there a discount on rates for them or something?!

The Arthur Guinness square could be a versatile amenity particularly if it incorporated a stretch tent structure to weather proof events. ? Have you visited the outdoor Christmas market in the court yard. Been there the last 2 years and thought it showcased quality local crafts people and their overhead stretch tent type cover further weather proofed the event.

If you had your ducks in a row with a viable market and car free days there is sufficient bus services to ferry locals in and out. But Aldi would probably and understandably object as whatever about far end traffic accessing their store, private car customers from captains hill would not.

?? I also wonder will the community ever benefit the Million euro donation made by Intel… Where's that resting 🤠

🤔Perhaps provide oxygen masks so you could enjoy the fume choked picnic benches… 😉

• Advertisement

Intel road frontage reinstatement

Two new sets of traffic lights… wish that wasn't necessary, impedes traffic flow 🐌

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

if it’s not broken, why the hell fix it?😡 the flashing signs say ongoing works from April to December - why so long?

I believe the junction is going back to the way it was prior to the factory extensions a few years ago.

I'm looking forward to some proper pedestrian crossings there. It's either a mad dash or a long diversion to cross that road safely - it's madness that it was allowed in its current format.

Exactly it would be more prudent to soften the bend on the now temporary road, add predestination crossings and be done with it. For future developments they have that area ready to utilise.

The raised roundabout vegetation blocks pedestrian visibility to traffic from Leixlip particularly on the Maynooth side when crossing to Matt Goff bridge side. The bridge junction itself has no actual pedestrian crossing markings.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

More sh1te cycle lanes from KCC which look to ignore the NTA's National Cycle Design Manual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

this entire project is unnecessary. Sure around 08h00 there are queues, but in 15 minutes the queues are gone. Now there are going to be traffic lights & I’m sure with Ryan’s cameras, which are only a revenue generating scam.

As for bicycle lanes? Aren’t there already designated cycle lanes?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As for bicycle lanes? Aren’t there already designated cycle lanes?

I'm not wanting to make this thread about cycle lanes (I merely stated a point about the design earlier). However, the main reason that people don't use cycle lanes is because they're usually crap. This project appears to be ignoring the government's design guidelines and going with something crap! Hopefully the video is incorrect and the final design is something that will encourage their usage.

You're dreaming that there'll be cameras, KCC have shrugged their shoulders at their own statistic of 84% of drivers speeding on the R449 and done nothing.

Have you ever walked along it? You can't hear yourself think, let alone have a conversation. It takes an age for an opportunity to cross the road a lot of the time, and it's rare you can do it without wondering whether the next driver is definitely going to stop. What's the difference between a revenue generating scam and a measure which makes life safer and more pleasant for those who live in Leixlip?

The road noise is due to the highly worn road surface, KCC stated they did not have a budget to resurface it in 2023, ignorant of the €10billion of investment Intel completed last year, that original surface is 15+ years?old and how many 000's of tons of traffic has it conveyed alone in last 3 years... Its not a far reach that you could plant winter barley in the continous exposed road seams (crop furrows) along the R449 between Intel and M4.

I know the surface doesn't help, but the road noise is mainly due to the speed. If you've ever around when there's a Garda speed check and everyone is driving at 60km/h or below, it's eerily quiet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement