Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I chance it?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This never fails -

Hiya, I'm hoping to meet someone to subsequently become locked in to a toxic relationship with, fueled by mutual animosity and passive aggression.
    The net is fairly wide so would you be offended if I sounded you out ?

That sounds like the end of a relationship rather than the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

isha wrote: »
    Lads might be underestimating the super power of women's eyes and senses. We can see people coming in to the shop/room/business regularly. We can see the interest. We can perceive the vibes. It is all perceptible.
    If they are reciprocated, you will know. Unless the lady is very introverted or on drugs or something.
    Which is the reason why I think that there is not much point in complicating or even ruining a casual comradeship by bringing your willy into the conversation - if she wanted you that way, you would truly know already.

Unless you're the type who realises someone was desperately vying for your attention at two in the morning a decade later.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 onlinemathsgr

We are all reading this waiting for the outcome :)

kowloon wrote: »
    Unless you're the type who realises someone was desperately vying for your attention at two in the morning a decade later.

Yes. That happens. But that is on you, not them. I have a wonderful friend who is a philosopher and who wistfully thinks of the many long deep conversations he had with girls as a young man when really, he now realises, they wanted him to leap upon them like a savage.
    So not their lacking, but his.

As for clues, surely lingering eye contact, a warm smile with head tilt, laughing at all inanities, a blush, any fleeting body contact, keeping a conversation actively going past politenesses, interest in your life and happenings - none definitive clues, but many at least indicative. But sure look it, I asked my husband out, I suggested getting married, maybe as I said I have it arseways. But can it all truly be so obtuse?

Though it is relevant and important to know women are capable of feeling enormous affection for a man, deep respect for his intelligence and merit, and true interest in his well being without simultaneously feeling a trace of carnal desire.
    Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

That sounds like the end of a relationship rather than the beginning.

It's a humourous opening gambit : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

Do it. Irish men are utterly useless as approaching women they like and most Irish woman want them to.
    If she says no just have another running route organised.

It's a humourous opening gambit : )

I'll admit I'd laugh, better than a cheesy line anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

This never fails -

Hiya, I'm hoping to meet someone to subsequently become locked in to a toxic relationship with, fueled by mutual animosity and passive aggression.
    The net is fairly wide so would you be offended if I sounded you out ?
    I can just imagine Bill Murray saying this to a lady with his trademark delivery in a film :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what you could do OP is try subliminal messaging - anytime you see her out jogging and she runs past you just say underneath your breath "i've got a big willy" "i'm great in bed" this might in time stimuli her sub-conscious mind, so worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

isha wrote: »
    Yes. That happens. But that is on you, not them. I have a wonderful friend who is a philosopher and who wistfully thinks of the many long deep conversations he had with girls as a young man when really, he now realises, they wanted him to leap upon them like a savage.
    So not their lacking, but his.

As for clues, surely lingering eye contact, a warm smile with head tilt, laughing at all inanities, a blush, any fleeting body contact, keeping a conversation actively going past politenesses, interest in your life and happenings - none definitive clues, but many at least indicative. But sure look it, I asked my husband out, I suggested getting married, maybe as I said I have it arseways. But can it all truly be so obtuse?

Though it is relevant and important to know women are capable of feeling enormous affection for a man, deep respect for his intelligence and merit, and true interest in his well being without simultaneously feeling a trace of carnal desire.
    Sorry!

To be honest as a woman I would never know if a guy liked me unless the flirting was very overt or he came out and said it. I would have, on occasion experienced some of the signals you mentioned above and never read anything into them, certainly not anything of a romantic nature. That would be too much of a jump to a conclusion for me. This lady in all likliehood has no idea of his intentions and unless he is a bit bolder and more forthcoming in expressing his interest it won’t go beyond anything platonic in nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭4Ad

fryup wrote: »
    what you could do OP is try subliminal messaging - anytime you see her out jogging and she runs past you just say underneath your breath "i've got a big willy" "i'm great in bed" this might in time stimuli her sub-conscious mind, so worth a try

I have tried that !!
    Only problem is that I said it out loud !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭4Ad

Honestly I am just scared of making a knob of myself !!
    I know I have nothing to lose, I know, I know, I know !!
    I'm painfully shy !!

She (C) is just friendly...
    I shouldn't of started this post !!
    Beginning to get interested myself !!!

4Ad wrote: »
    Honestly I am just scared of making a knob of myself !!
    I know I have nothing to lose, I know, I know, I know !!
    I'm painfully shy !!

I shouldn't of started this post !!
    Beginning to get interested myself !!!
    I can't imagine how hard it is for a man to make the first move, especially if you're painfully shy.

Maybe try to start a conversation, if she keeps talking and doesn't make an excuse to leave you could suggest something casual. If she says no, or ends the conversation quickly you'll know.

I really hope you update this thread with a positive outcome.

We're all rooting for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

4Ad wrote: »

:confused:

what's with the C

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Any update OP?

Alot of us have an emotional vested interest in this thread, you know;)

Advertisement