Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I chance it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Antares35 wrote: »
    As a woman (and I know nobody can speak for an entire gender lol) if someone asked me to go jogging with him, if I liked him I'd be reluctant for him to see me sweaty and working out �� although perhaps shes not as shallow as me. If you run together you would have to maintain 2metres, and first dates are hard enough without having to shout small talk at each other from opposite sides of the road! :) second the coffee :)

Ps sorry for invading the gentlemen's thread but have been following like it's a beautiful romantic film unfolding! Best of luck OP

This, I'm a man prone to sweat and would think the same. I also really hate cycling or jogging with someone else and trying to slow down for them or speed up to them. Just go get a coffee and go for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

2 weeks have passed, OP, what did you do?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Balmed Out wrote: »
    This, I'm a man prone to sweat and would think the same. I also really hate cycling or jogging with someone else and trying to slow down for them or speed up to them. Just go get a coffee and go for a walk.

If she can't handle you at your worst she doesn't deserve you at your best :pac:

Go for it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

One of the worst cliff hangers since some bugger found a locked safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Put us out of our misery op:) we're in lockdown, we need any bit of news,,, please:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭4Ad

Put us out of our misery op:) we're in lockdown, we need any bit of news,,, please:)
    Out of covid lockdown tomorrow...
    Going to engineer a meeting somehow...( we do chat sometimes when we meet)

I will keep ye informed..

Though I'm useless with women...useless !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Female opinion here but there's no such thing as useless with women if she's into you. It doesn't matter if you mess it up or it's clumsy or whatever, if she's interested she'll say yes regardless. Some times the bigger balls a man makes of asking a woman out the more endearing it actually is.

Even if she isn't interested she'll still be flattered you asked.

I've been locked down too long & now love a good covid love story!! Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Female opinion here but there's no such thing as useless with women if she's into you. It doesn't matter if you mess it up or it's clumsy or whatever, if she's interested she'll say yes regardless. Some times the bigger balls a man makes of asking a woman out the more endearing it actually is.

Even if she isn't interested she'll still be flattered you asked.

I've been locked down too long & now love a good covid love story!! Best of luck with it.

That's a really good point actually. I'd nearly be put off if a guy was too smooth and cool, I'd be thinking he probably does this all the time. I love the sort of bumbling nervous type. Think Hugh Grant in (well pretty much every film) but Notting Hill for example, where he just says anything to fill the gap :D

Best of luck OP! Let us know how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I think it's safe to say we are all rooting for you OP.

I would be so made up if it was me :o but it's not cause I'm not running/jogging atm :D

Fingers crossed!!

I just dont meet her that often.
    I'm going to try, Honest I am..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

4Ad wrote: »
    I just dont meet her that often. I'm going to try, Honest I am..
    I live in a small village where I do alot of running..I meet this girl out running alot!!

Would ya go away with your lies and ask the lady out.

What advice would you give to a son, a nephew, a friend if they found themselves in this situation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Op, I would not faff around with this for too long.

Women think that it is kind of cute if you are drumming up the courage to ask. But a big no no is a bloke who hasn't got the balls to ask either. You need to grasp the nettle on this one, get on it.

Also, ask her out proper. None of this " would you like to go for a run" nonsense. Don't patronise her, she is in her 40's and it is highly likely she has been downtown a few times by now. Ask her out proper. There is every chance she finds you attractive, but if you don't ask you will end up creeping her out, you do not want that either. By asking her out for a run you are just dragging crap out and whilst trying to be subtle you are actually being glaringly obvious, not good.

At least if she turns you down you will know where you are? You have plenty of time to go for a run after you start riding each other, think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Is that fella who was getting grinds off the teacher about? Maybe he could give some advice here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

Just do it, no hesitation. It's not a big deal at all, don't make a big thing of it and work yourself up.

Just two people, nothing more. Everyone carries the same fears and insecurities. The confidence you display by being straight up and not thinking twice will benefit you, not just for this woman but future also. Before you know it you'll be putting yourself out there without a second thought.

Doesn't work out? Then no problem, next, move on, try again. You'll build up the confidence in no time, everyone loves a compliment, no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I live in a small village where I do alot of running..I meet this girl out running alot!! She is damn cute about mid 40's, has a son in his 20's..But no boyfriend she spends most of her time not working, she was workingin aviation.My neighbourhood watch buddie lives beside her !!
    Very friendly and we have s good chat when we meet..
    I keep thinking that I'd like to her ask on a run/ walk someday...
    Feel like shes friendly but not too interested!, but I havent a clue...
    Should I ?
    Or any other approaches that migth help ?
    Thanks
    Im not shy but I'd wallow in the rebuke....
    Any advice.

He who dares wins. Or if you lose fu¢k it at least you asked. Remember if your not in you can't win. Bollox is this cliche hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PJLimerick

Any update to this.?

• Site Banned Posts: 20 Tommy Bin Laden

Op chickened out.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Turns out she was a big Annie Wilkes fan. OPs jogging days are over as she has smashed his ankles and is keeping him hostage.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Rooting for you 4Ad. Hope all went well.

I live in a small village where I do alot of running..I meet this girl out running alot!! She is damn cute about mid 40's, has a son in his 20's..But no boyfriend she spends most of her time not working, she was workingin aviation.My neighbourhood watch buddie lives beside her !!
    Should I ?
    Thanks
    Any advice.

Well mate its over three weeks since you posted, did you ask or not? Please say you did, whether you got there or not makes no difference, but I do hope you asked? Because bro, you'll be pushing a zimmer frame pass this woman's window if you leave it any longer

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    As a woman (and I know nobody can speak for an entire gender lol) if someone asked me to go jogging with him, if I liked him I'd be reluctant for him to see me sweaty and working out �� although perhaps shes not as shallow as me. If you run together you would have to maintain 2metres, and first dates are hard enough without having to shout small talk at each other from opposite sides of the road! :) second the coffee :)

Ps sorry for invading the gentlemen's thread but have been following like it's a beautiful romantic film unfolding! Best of luck OP

Hey Antares welcome to this forum, its good to have the opinion of the opposite sex on the majority of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

so.. I'm guessing you didn't chance it?

Zookey123 wrote: »
    so.. I'm guessing you didn't chance it?

Onl yesterday I was talking to a lad outside my house, tracksuit tucked into my wellies, bucket in hand (looking good if I may say so myself) when she jogged by it'she only time I have met her out running in weeks..
    Hiding from me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Onl yesterday I was talking to a lad outside my house, tracksuit tucked into my wellies, bucket in hand (looking good if I may say so myself) when she jogged by it'she only time I have met her out running in weeks..
    Hiding from me !!

Great to hear an update 4Ad. Nothing wrong with a man in wellies!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Hiding from me !!

" Hi " , " oh here , someoneorother" "come here for a sec"

She will stop .

Start Talking - it does not matter what you talk about, avoid politics, religion or sex for the first while however .. and money.

Get the small talk going, let the games begin.

Otherwise she just sees some bloke in a tracksuit and wellies holding a bucket, it sounds like daft postcard from Borris in Ossory.

Get that babes attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Should I ?
    Thanks
    Any advice.

yet you say you don't see her much ? asking her to go on a trek or mountain hike , sweet lord that's why you are single

super fit ladies are way too high maintenance imo , i used to look at hot ladies and go " wow id love to tongue punch her ...... " then my brother made a valid point when he said " somewhere there is a bloke who is sick of her bs "

This can't still be an ongoing situation, at this stage they should be talking about holidaying somewhere next year (its a civid tease). What's the OP waiting for, a cattle prod? For fu¢ksake get a move before somebody else's does. Talk about slow moving

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Hiding from me !!

Did ye say hi, eye contact? :pac:

super fit ladies are way too high maintenance imo...................

Another way of saying I can only get an ugly burd, or likely not even that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Augeo wrote: »
    Another way of saying I can only get an ugly burd, or likely not even that :pac:

you're wife won't be happy with you :D

i just prefer an easy life not high maintence crap

Advertisement