Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

wrangler wrote: »
    should've frozen it in small containers for rapid defrosting

i put it into ice cube bags

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    i put it into ice cube bags

same here for the lambs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Jb1989

whelan2 wrote: »
    Isn't hindsight great....

She's going to Do it now so the hindsight has worked.....

All the talk of Black Friday, I had electric fencing gear to order and bought it significantly cheaper outside the country at a place there wasn't even a sale on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

All the talk of Black Friday, I had electric fencing gear to order and bought it significantly cheaper outside the country at a place there wasn't even a sale on.

Checked around for fridge online. Apart from 7-10 days delivery no real value, most wanted multi purchase for a discount.

Was in stores picking up tank of meal and they had fridge I wanted there. Got it €40 cheaper and delivered within 2 hours free.

• Advertisement

Cousin supposed to be putting up a 400 cow dairy unit, where will it end.
    Changing from 150 suckler, there'll be some difference in gross profit there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Theres an new update on the Help desk thread for those who are interested.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058134585/5

Apparently anyone who was infracted because of the pro-vegan "cruelty charter" can appeal that via dispute resolution...

Tbh I've already expererienced enough of a kicking from those responsible for that charter in that forum. Not going back through that ****e a second time ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Vodafone phone & broadband is down around most of the country for the past couple of hours. Thankfully I have a Three phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    Vodafone phone & broadband is down around most of the country for the past couple of hours. Thankfully I have a Three phone.

Black friday and toy show on....

The broadband is back on now within the past half hour or so. After reading complaints on the phone about the Vodafone outage I never realised that a lot of families use the internet to watch RTE/TnaG/TV3 etc. I thought we all had a Saorview TV/box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Snacks ready
    Enjoy everyone

I think Tubridy is trying to usurp Morrissey :)

I think Tubridy is trying to usurp Morrissey :)

It's very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Grueller

Our 10 year old here just said about Tubridy, I think that lad is trying too hard.

wrangler wrote: »
    It's very poor

I think it's great. We are all enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I think it’s poor as well so far then...

I think it’s poor as well so far then...

:) I dont think it matters if adults like it or not as long as the kids enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Tileman

It’s more like a pantomime than the toy show. Kids still enjoying it though

Tileman wrote: »
    It’s more like a pantomime than the toy show. Kids still enjoying it though

Just asked the kids what they think and they are enjoying it. Just opened a tub of miniature heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Tileman

Just opened a tub of miniature heroes

I just finished a tub of heroes. 😀

• Advertisement

:) I dont think it matters if adults like it or not as long as the kids enjoy it

Too true Whelan...

My crew are watching it, they said it’s ok, they don’t seem too engaged by it - they are in it more for the sweets I think... :)

Tileman wrote: »
    I just finished a tub of heroes. 😀

Them all? No eclairs left?

Them all? No eclairs left?

What’s wrong with eclairs? :)

We have a tin of celebrations - tis mostly full of just bounties now, the horrible yokes... :(:)

We have a tin of celebrations - tis mostly full of just bounties now, the horrible yokes... :(:)

My brother loves the bounties, whenever he's home my mam has all the bounties saved for him. I bought a tub of Rose's and one quality street a lot of yucky ones in them. I remember when we were young lemons sweets were the worst to get

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nothing is spared in our house

My brother loves the bounties, whenever he's home my mam has all the bounties saved for him. I bought a tub of Rose's and one quality street a lot of yucky ones in them. I remember when we were young lemons sweets were the worst to get

I think quality street are horrible, but we have to get a tub every Christmas as my missus likes them... I think she only gets me cos I don’t eat them :)

All my crew are gone to bed, said they’d watch the rest tomorrow morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭emaherx

The broadband is back on now within the past half hour or so. After reading complaints on the phone about the Vodafone outage I never realised that a lot of families use the internet to watch RTE/TnaG/TV3 etc. I thought we all had a Saorview TV/box.

Vodafone have a TV service with set top box, that works over their broadband service, so many people using that service may not have an aerial.

Great going on the fundraising

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Grueller

On the sweets, I refuse to eat strawberry creams. Hate the yokes.
    I will eat all celebrations, love the eclairs out of the heroes. The only one of the heroes I won't eat is the creme egg ones. I think they are disgusting. You can feel the raw sugar crunch between your teeth. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I wouldn’t be a fan of it but my 6yo wanted to stay up watching it. She got to around 10pm and dozed off. Went to bed myself then as was tired from slabbing a few walls.

The girl who lost a leg was a pure dote. So sweet and inspiring when faced with such a difficult year. Her and her family deserve every bit of good news they get.

Advertisement