Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supply and fit of new cubicles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

get them up on the bed and you’ve the hard work done I found

We trained 120 cows to cubicles 3 years ago

we had a few even up to last year that wouldn’t lie up so we tied them in for a day and night and they got the idea

you need to be around though, I wouldn’t tie them up if you weren’t able to check them every few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭green daries

Jesus Christ I must read my posts tyres tyres not **** trees (I'm not a complete savage I promise) 🙄🙄🙄🙄😁😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

I knew what you meant!

Of the cattle that are in I am down to three bastards who won’t play ball.

1x 18m heifer that is for the road next year

1 x 18m heifer that I want to put in calf in feb

1 x large suckler cow. She is 2 weeks from calving so her lying in shite is not ideal. Might have to leave her go till she calves and is a little more agile.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Could you put her somewhere else until she calves? Used to really annoy me in old cubicle shed we had here cows would reverse in and lie down . Then crap up at the front of the bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭jfh

Jumping into this tread, rather than start a similar, looking for cubicle mats for sucklers, was old dairy house and all old mats long gone.

They don't need the same level of comfort as dairy cows but I'd prefer to get them to lie in the cubicles rather than the slats so anyone recommend a basic cubicle mat?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Interested also to try and help the transition. Rather than mats I am after a full roll I can cut to size.

one of the cows too the biscuit yesterday. My cubicle shed pictured opens onto the slats. I scrap it with the tractor. I have only being scrapping it once a week for the last few weeks to ensure the passage was good and dirty to stop them lying on it….so I scrapped it yesterday and there was a massive foot high pile of **** on the slats. The cows would walk it in over the day. Wet shite but not pure skutter.

except one dosy bitch decided to lie up on top of it. Should have taken a picture of her before I lifted her out of it. ‘Twas nice and soft I guess 😅

I priced a few of the big engineering places this morning.

nearly fell down with the prices.

85-90 euro a metre for continuous roll, supply only. Collect it yourself.

Is Tams available on these?

Advertisement