Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm related "cures"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Interesting the use of St. Bridgets cross as St. Bridget was probaly a Christian representation of a Celtic goddess.

These traditions probably go back to pagan times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigid

I've another interesting one for you - my flatmate's from Haiti, where Brigid is a feature of Voodoo, with a lot of the same associations as in Ireland.

So she's made herself a feature of at least three quite distinct religions largely intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

The relationship between old ira and church of Ireland people especially poorer members of church of Ireland landowners wouldn't surprise a few historians.

Kind of a cure. Cobwebs were put on skulled cattle to stop excessive bleeding.

I would read a good bit about the war of independence and have seen a good bit of similar stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kk.man

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Yep we still use the turning of the sod for a foul here.
    I do the same for lame cattle and it works.

Advertisement