Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Probably Barnes out now. Feck knows who I'll replace him with though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why not Digne? He's as attacking as Trent or Robertson but 1m cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jiminez possibly going down in price tonight
    #justsaying

I’m possibly going to switch vardy to Kane.

Only matters if you bought at 8.6, otherwise its just a drop back to where he started and what you get if you sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Keep an eye on Semedo tomorrow night too, he was very attacking in the last match.
    Reece James on the chopping block for me too, would have like PVA but no sign of him coming back into the team yet. Semedo is on the watchlist tomorrow night, Wolves have a decent run ahead - NEW, CRY, lei, SOU

Have the same feeling about defenders not performing at the moment, but there's only Villa, Southampton, Wolves and West Ham that have managed more than 1 clean sheet so far. I'm sure it'll turn eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Reece James on the chopping block for me too, would have like PVA but no sign of him coming back into the team yet. Semedo is on the watchlist tomorrow night, Wolves have a decent run ahead - NEW, CRY, lei, SOU

Have the same feeling about defenders not performing at the moment, but there's only Villa, Southampton, Wolves and West Ham that have managed more than 1 clean sheet so far. I'm sure it'll turn eventually.

Yea attackers are on top at the moment. Chilwell is the one who has impressed me most, he's similar enough player to Robertson. When Mendy is back he'll be even better value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

I'm thinking James to Targett unless there is news that De Bruyne will be out more long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Gone with VVD to Keane. Have another FT and a few quid in the bank so will have another look next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Easy option is Davis > DCL and move to a 3-4-3.

That leaves me light in midfield. I can only upgrade Barnes to a 8.6m mid though. And I’ve no City assets.

Would it be wiser to do Ings > DCL this week and then next week I’ve 12.5m to upgrade Barnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Easy option is Davis > DCL and move to a 3-4-3.

That leaves me light in midfield. I can only upgrade Barnes to a 8.6m mid though. And I’ve no City assets.

Would it be wiser to do Ings > DCL this week and then next week I’ve 12.5m to upgrade Barnes?

Don’t think DCL is an upgrade on Ings at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Don’t think DCL is an upgrade on Ings at the minute.

True. I’d rather not lose Ings but equally how long can I go without DCL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

sheroman01 wrote: »
    True. I’d rather not lose Ings but equally how long can I go without DCL?

Ings outscored him this week. Dcl only getting 6 points a week..not a baps man

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll bank and get Kane in the following week as can't do it without a hit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Shedite27

macraignil wrote: »
    I'm thinking James to Targett unless there is news that De Bruyne will be out more long term.
    Think I'll bank and get Kane in the following week as can't do it without a hit this week.

I know it's easy to say post a 16 pointer, but if downgrading KDB to a villa mid allows you to get in Kane, you'd fancy him to repay it over a few weeks.

KDB: whu shu LIV
    Grealish/Barkley: LEE SOU ars
    Kane: bur BRI wba

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I know it's easy to say post a 16 pointer, but if downgrading KDB to a villa mid allows you to get in Kane, you'd fancy him to repay it over a few weeks.

KDB: whu shu LIV
    Grealish/Barkley: LEE SOU ars
    Kane: bur BRI wba

Yeah I'm going to downgrade Sterling. He's a nice differential but think Kane outscores him over the next few. Currently on a 3-5-2 but don't like it so Sterling to a 4.5 and Brewster to Kane will get me back to 3-4-3 and I'll have 1m left over to upgrade elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

never took R James out and done KDB to Bruno and took 1 point for R James instead.

this week do i play a back 3 of Robbo (SHU) Lamptey (WBA) Mitchell (FUL) and have two transfers the following week or do i upgrade R James with the extra 1.3 million i have in the bank and get in Digne or Chilwell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i don't have son or kane and it's hurting me but i can see them reverting to long ball football after conceding three it's a tough call to get or not to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

but1er wrote: »
    never took R James out and done KDB to Bruno and took 1 point for R James instead.

this week do i play a back 3 of Robbo (SHU) Lamptey (WBA) Mitchell (FUL) and have two transfers the following week or do i upgrade R James with the extra 1.3 million i have in the bank and get in Digne or Chilwell

I didn't see Everton, but Chilwell was extremely dangerous again. Could easily have had another 2 assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Ings outscored him this week. Dcl only getting 6 points a week..not a baps man

Ings is also 1m dearer so on that basis alone you would be expecting him to outscore DCL regularly. DCL +1m invested elsewhere is what needs to be looked at instead of just DCL v Ings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ings is also 1m dearer so on that basis alone you would be expecting him to outscore DCL regularly. DCL +1m invested elsewhere is what needs to be looked at instead of just DCL v Ings

True. I've had DCL from the first week and won't be shifting him anytime soon unless he falters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Had a woeful start and have to play the WC.

Currently on 34 points for the GW and 3.5mil OR, grim stuff.

Looking at going cheap at the back with the lack of CS's and big up top with players on form.

Martinez | Button

Lamptey | Konsa | KWP | Mitchell | Dallas

James Rodriguez | Salah | Grealish | Son | Burke

Kane | Jimi | Ings

0.1 ITB

My 7 at the back are all formed on cheapies. I like Lamptey and KWP and the rest are very much cheapies.

James has started well and I reckon will continue. Salah is my season keeper. Grealish great option at his price. Son on form. Burke the best 4.5 IMO

Kane in serious form and I like Ings & Jimi at their price, will always rack up points.

Feedback welcome, good or bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Looking at going cheap at the back with the lack of CS's and big up top with players on form.

Martinez | Button

Kane | Jimi | Ings

0.1 ITB

My 7 at the back are all formed on cheapies. I like Lamptey and KWP and the rest are very much cheapies.

James has started well and I reckon will continue. Salah is my season keeper. Grealish great option at his price. Son on form. Burke the best 4.5 IMO

Kane in serious form and I like Ings & Jimi at their price, will always rack up points.

Your team is not a million miles away from what mine is now and I am pretty happy with it. Same midfield, goalkeepers, I have Robertson, DCL, Dunne, Justin and Saiss instead of Lamptey, Ings, KWP, Konsa and Dallas. I like KWP and Konsa. Can't really argue with it although DCL seems to be having one of those seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Martinez | Button

Kane | Jimi | Ings

0.1 ITB

I like it but I think you're leaving yourself into some potentially tricky situations.

Mitchell expected to be dropped soon with PVA back?

It also looks like you'll be running Triple Aston Villa then in Martinez/Konsa/Grealish

Villas next three are

Leeds(H)
    Soton (H)
    Arsenal (A)

Not ideal for a double defence. Or if you are starting Dallas you're hoping for a 0-0 with Grealish blanking sort of thing. Then you have KWP in the same scenario the week after.

Mid/Forward seem grand won't get any better there I think unless you want DCL instead of Ings or Jimmy to free up funds.

claw wrote: »
    Your team is not a million miles away from what mine is now and I am pretty happy with it. Same midfield, goalkeepers, I have Robertson, DCL, Dunne, Justin and Saiss instead of Lamptey, Ings, KWP, Konsa and Dallas. I like KWP and Konsa. Can't really argue with it although DCL seems to be having one of those seasons.

Cheers for the feedback Claw, I was hoping not to WC so early pre season but I had to. Making me a lot less interested in FPL, for good or for worse!

I had TAA in my team as a 'season keeper' but think I'd get more bang for my buck elsewhere.

Too stubborn to get DCL as don't see it lasting, having James will do! Happy with the 7(1) in mid and up top.

Martinez | Button

Kane | Jimi | Ings

0.1 ITB

Having a poor season myself so in no position to be giving any advice. Looks like a strong team to me. Only point I'd make is that DCL has nearly triple the points of Jiminez and is still .8mill cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

I like it but I think you're leaving yourself into some potentially tricky situations.

It also looks like you'll be running Triple Aston Villa then in Martinez/Konsa/Grealish

Villas next three are

Leeds(H)
    Soton (H)
    Arsenal (A)

Not ideal for a double defence. Or if you are starting Dallas you're hoping for a 0-0 with Grealish blanking sort of thing. Then you have KWP in the same scenario the week after.

Mid/Forward seem grand won't get any better there I think unless you want DCL instead of Ings or Jimmy to free up funds.

I think Villa have half a chance to get 2 clean sheets out of those matches. Not many clean sheets around and Villa have shown they are one of the few teams that can get them with 3 already. I have Robertson still cos even with the injuries Liverpool should be keeping a clean sheet over Sheffield United.

Villas next three are

Leeds(H)
    Soton (H)
    Arsenal (A)

Thanks Shano, agreed on Mitchell, I think PVA is back or nearly back so yeah, I'll need to move him on - good shout.

The triple conundrum I never noticed really, might have to rethink that one alright. Think they could do well though although they can't do a Leicester surely... :pac:
    macraignil wrote: »
    Having a poor season myself so in no position to be giving any advice. Looks like a strong team to me. Only point I'd make is that DCL has nearly triple the points of Jiminez and is still .8mill cheaper.

Thanks macraignil, as said to claw above, I'm too stubborn at the moment to bring DCL so going for James instead. May have to rethink it though with a couple other picks. Hopefully your luck turns for the best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Have a 4.5m itb which leaves me enough for zaha to sterling but I'll have to take a hit...is it worth it ?

Have Son / Salah / Rodriguez as starting mid and Kane/DCL/Wilson as starting fwd for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Got Dias in for Egan last night

Son paid for the -4 to bring him in last a week so thinking now of doing something similar to bring in Kane before he goes up in price again tonight. Wilson and KDB to Kane and March leaves 2.6mill in the bank to upgrade somewhere else next week. Was also considering Fernandes for KDB but might just leave bringing him in until next week. Any other options worth considering in the 5th midfielder slot appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Thanks Shano, agreed on Mitchell, I think PVA is back or nearly back so yeah, I'll need to move him on - good shout.

The triple conundrum I never noticed really, might have to rethink that one alright. Think they could do well though although they can't do a Leicester surely... :pac:

No prob man. Kilman could be screaming your name now with another start and 4.0M for Wolves.

Mitchell - Kilman even saves 0.1

Looking at fixtures I think you could get a hidden gem in Balbuena. 4.4M Would also save you 0.2M on Konsa

0.3M saved and probably for a 'safer' team

Line up for GW1 would be something like

Martinez // Button

Lamptey | KWP | Kilman // Dallas Balbuena

James Rodriguez | Salah | Grealish | Son // Burke

Kane | Jimi | Ings

Bench him for Liverpool & City and you then have a nice run of fixtures:

Fulham
    Sheff
    Villa

No idea if he is a rotation risk though!

Unfortunately for Villa, that Leicester situation is being taken by Everton :pac:

Advertisement