Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fungie the dolphin is missing - Or is he?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

corrected guys my error still a bit sleepy Whoo Hoo have a good day internet police click your jackboots now........fishy wishy woo to you !

Yes saw that and it now reads funny.

I get your point though. Animal in waters for 37 years and people don't seem to accept that he most likely just naturally died.

Also, most likely never be solved as they won't find his carcass so this will just drag on.

corrected guys my error still a bit sleepy Whoo Hoo have a good day internet police click your jackboots now........fishy wishy woo to you !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I wonder if they found him dead but don't want to tell the nation due to fears of public morale. Also they could be trying to find a replacement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I have very strong evidence that Fungi has been eaten by the Loch Ness monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It be sad to see him go what ever the circumstances. I've seen him a good few times over the years. Dingle won't be the same without him. It be a huge loss to Dingle. It be hard to replace him as he was very friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nah...... Fungie is the Loch Ness monster

I wonder if they found him dead but don't want to tell the nation due to fears of public morale. Also they could be trying to find a replacement :pac:

The interviews are going on right now.

Dingle elder. 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?'
    Dolphin. 'E EE EEEEE EEK'*

* 'What a bloody stupid question.'

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Seaworld will be opening in Dingle soon - what a load so bollox let him go they had 30 years of exploitation and shrieking humans annoying him every day. Maybe he wants a rest now dead or alive leave him be, drop the story if he comes back grand if not you all paid your damn mortgages on his head so be grateful and shut up now we are bored with the faux tears.
    Like everything in Ireland its all the economics, tell me this why did the greyhound and race horses get the huge grants again even though the greens were against it? We dont give a flying **** about animals its only all they can earn for us. Keep going Funghi and don't stop till you reach Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

I wonder - did Fungi ever really love us at all.

Was the whole thing a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Thats about as funny as getting a stye in the eye...

I have very strong evidence that the Loch Ness Monster lives in a fresh water loch... And Fungi in the Atlantic sea a saltwater environment.

Guy knows nothin about marine life ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Tuco88 & bertiebomber bring the petty back & forth squabbling elsewhere.

Posts deleted.

Public morale???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭ForestFire

So for 37 year Fungie has lived with the people of Dingle, after tragically getting disconnected from his family Pod, way back in 1983...

Fungie has had many adventures and made many friends, with his adopted Irish family, but now.....
    Fungie has finally been reunited family, as they have finally return back to Ireland.

The POD has returned to the Dingle area again, after their long journey around the world, always on the lookout for their missing friend...

It's time for Fungie to say goodbye to his Irish friends as he swims out to sea, together with his long lost family, for many more adventures to come...but he will never forget the people that took care of him all these years....

Farwell good friend....

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it......

ForestFire wrote: »
    So for 37 year Fungie has lived with the people of Dingle, after tragically getting disconnected from his family Pod, way back in 1983...

Fungie has had many adventures and made many friends, with his adopted Irish family, but now.....
    Fungie has finally been reunited family, as they have finally return back to Ireland.

The POD has returned to the Dingle area again, after their long journey around the world, always on the lookout for their missing friend...

It's time for Fungie to say goodbye to his Irish friends as he swims out to sea, together with his long lost family, for many more adventures to come...but he will never forget the people that took care of him all these years....

Farwell good friend....

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it......

That's a copyright infringement of An American Tail

Fungi has been replaced several times over.

And Neil Armstrong never stood on the moon. Riiiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Seaworld will be opening in Dingle soon - what a load so bollox let him go they had 30 years of exploitation and shrieking humans annoying him every day. Maybe he wants a rest now dead or alive leave him be, drop the story if he comes back grand if not you all paid your damn mortgages on his head so be grateful and shut up now we are bored with the faux tears.
    Like everything in Ireland its all the economics, tell me this why did the greyhound and race horses get the huge grants again even though the greens were against it? We dont give a flying **** about animals its only all they can earn for us. Keep going Funghi and don't stop till you reach Australia

As salty as the sea itself....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Perhaps he has just gone for a long swim?? I know a fella in Fiji who said he saw a dolphin in the waters today, asked him to describe him and it was uncanny how similar he sounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I was reading that one of the boat operators said that if he's gone off it might be because of the changes in his routine this year. He hadn't people coming to see him for months during lockdown so that was a big change.

Then a marine biologist said he was near the end of his normal lifespan anyway and would have found eating more difficult and may have died from an infection as apparently that happens elderly dolphins. I'd say it will stay a mystery.

• Advertisement

Mules wrote: »
    said that if he's gone off it might be because of the changes in his routine this year. He hadn't people coming to see him for months during lockdown

Victim Blaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Mules wrote: »
    I'd say it will stay a mystery.

I suppose, the fact that he lived in the sea meant he was never going to die peacefully in the loving care of the wonderful staff of Tralee General Hospital, surrounded by his family.

He sleeps with the fishes - metaphorically now, rather than literally, as was previously the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

.anon. wrote: »
    I suppose, the fact that he lived in the sea meant he was never going to die peacefully in the loving care of the wonderful staff of Tralee General Hospital, surrounded by his family. .

Not like anyone is surrounded by their families when dying in hospital these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Why Australia? they love a bit of economing there and could do with a good tourist trap to exploit. Imagine all the poblicity and money that would be flying around the place if he suddenly appeared there. Price of smashed avo would go to $50 a slice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Surely there will be still loads of money to be made just letting tourists onto the same boats going out looking for him.

If he is dead at least that means they can make that money roll in forever.

Will just be a Loch Ness feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

.anon. wrote: »
    I suppose, the fact that he lived in the sea meant he was never going to die peacefully in the loving care of the wonderful staff of Tralee General Hospital, surrounded by his family.

He sleeps with the fishes - metaphorically now, rather than literally, as was previously the case.

The ocean being the..... economic.. place it is, as in nothing wasted, he will if dead have been eaten and so live on …..

Rest in peace, Funghi! You made so many happy..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Kind of like the matrix was made over and over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭thomas 123

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Thats not fungie, he is a good bit bigger.

Advertisement