Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boosabum

I see Richard symons seemed to be getting 14.9 or so when he was doing his range tests at motorway speeds a month or two ago. Granted it was terrible weather for Derek

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes I personally think the weather was the big variable here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

Also the UK motorway speed limit is 7-8 km/h less than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

It makes much more sense for me to wait for the new model 3 Lubricious for the extra range…………

You’ll most likely get less range than the LR.
    My Performance in theory only matches the RWD due to the higher power, bigger wheels etc

On that similar run, I averages 19.4 kWh/100km in a M3P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Dagryl

Is there a way to reduce those nervous slow-downs on adaptive cruise control? Either through settings or driving style?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

you mean phantom braking?

No, the cruise control is now 100% vision based, so if the car sees a shadow it doesn't like, it might drop the anchors…

it's a pain in the a$$, though in fairness for myself I haven't experienced a lot of it for a good while now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You can change the ACC distance before braking, if you have it set one end of the scale the car will brake late and more aggressive versus putting it at the longest distance where the braking will be less harsh, that's what I've it set at

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭wassie

Driving on the M6/M4 last night after sunset and headlights would not auto-dim to cars in front when driving with AP engaged. Its bad enough constantly flashing peeps in front when engaging AP and having to manually turn off high beams. I would happily control high beams manually, but the fact AP turns on Adaptive High Beams by default made driving a complete bollocks last night.

Just updated this morning to 2024.8.9 from 2024.8.7 so hopefully the bug fixes include further updates to Adaptive High Beams.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I'm only joking Gumbo, I'm currently driving an M3P for past 4 years…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I took the plunge the other day and ordered a Model 3 Dual Motor - white, black interior and 19s. Estimated delivery says April-May which is probably wildly optimistic but I live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

The auto wipers are significantly better for me after the 2024.8.9 update … they seem almost normal 😂 No manual intervention needed so far

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Brian_dub_

they seem a little bit better but still so erratic.

Screen completely covered, no wipers.

No rain at all. Goes onto the 3rd fastest speed

went through heavy rain today and it only went onto the second setting. Had to switch to manual to the highest setting to see anything.

Autopilot on the other hand is amazing, even in the rain. I had one phantom braking and one lane change freak out when it got confused. Apart from that it made my 5 hour drive so much more relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Brian_dub_

2024.14 looks to be another great update with some new quality of life improvements and new features like hands free boot opening. Hopefully some more tweaks to the wipers…

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ddcluracan

I am looking at replacing the 4 tyres. So I ring a supplier who says as they quote me for a Primacy 4+ of 250 euro each, that they should have the T0 mark on them because if I'm in an accident, insurance would not cover it otherwise. Surely that's a load of crap, if the tyres are the correct speed and weight rating then you are covered, right? I have never heard this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

If I was told that I would vote with my feet. The size, load rating and speed rating are all the matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ddcluracan

Which is exactly what I am doing, the fecker originally quoted 220 euro for a Primacy 4+ and after finding out it's a Tesla came out with this guff and quoted 250 euro for the T0 rated one. To my mind the only difference between the two (besides the tesla tax) is probably more sound insulation. Well I have a stereo, I'll be grand.

The T0 marking simply indicates the tyre is an OE (Original Equipment) tyre (i.e. the rubber that is fitted to a car at the time of its production). Its a recommendation only.

Is there a difference between a tyre that has been approved by a car manufacturer and a type-approved tyre?

All tyres must comply with the legislation of the country or region where they are sold. This is not the same thing as a tyre being approved by an individual car manufacturer, which is not a mandatory process.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dagryl

Can't you buy tyres on openeo.ie and find someone to fit them through the website?

• Advertisement

We were heading into the Blanchardstown Industrial Estate earlier this week on the M4 after being out west and was too busy chatting when I passed by the Enfield SuC. I was down to just over 10% at this stage.

Didnt want to detour to one of the SPOF chargers in Lucan or elsewhere as we were tight for time as it was. So I put into the nav the Blanchardstown ESB hub. Car reported that I wouldnt make it (-3%) based on current driving conditions i.e. 120kmh on M4 and 100kmh on M1.

After 3.5 years of driving this car I knew I had plenty of time & distance to modify my driving and conserve battery. Tesla's Energy Meter is brilliant for this.

• Pulled in behind a large truck on M4 doing between 85-90kmh. The slower speed and possibly a little bit of drafting assistance put me straight into green territory.
    • After the interchange on the M1, sat behind another truck doing 60kmh - perfect.
    • Heavy traffic on the M3 was at a crawl which was in my favour - just mindful to avoid coming to a complete stop.
    • Ended up arriving with over 1.2% FTW

I reset the energy meter near Liffey Valley on the M4. Pic below is around 2/3 of the way there from that point.

When peeps talk about range anxiety - there is no way I would ever risk this in an ICE unless I had absolutely no choice.

TLDR: Slow and steady wins the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Conar

Mad fucker :-) Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭User1998

No reason not to do this in an ICE car. I regularly collect cars from Dublin Port with an indicated range remaining of 15km or 20km. My journey is 30km but I know that once I hit the motorway the indicated range will either increase or stay constant for the remainder of the journey due to the change in driving conditions

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Model 3 price drops to €38k

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wonder will any of those lads with second hand M3s finally realise that they haven't a hope of getting their asking price now with this price drop.

Edit: apparently the price of FSD has been reduced in the US and they've gotten rid of enhanced autopilot.

Post edited by TitianGerm on

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boosabum

Would one expect a 2022 dual motor with lowish Kms now to come in at under 30k based on the these cuts to new cars. Pretty harsh on people looking to move on second hand ones but that's capitalism for ya

Cost to change into the new version will have dropped so they could reduce asking and still be paying out the same lump to get into the same car as last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭handpref

Whose going to break the news to this lad 🤣 things escalated quickly since that ad was posted here on Friday

Not saying the price is right but it’s a grey Dual Motor with upgraded wheels.

It’s a different car to the basic base RWD single motor model that’s €38k.

It’s an apples oranges comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭handpref

There are indeed different but also a bit more niche. Back in 2021 there were a more prestigious and very specific purchase. People now don’t really care as things have gone more mainstream. Add in the anti ev rhetoric in the media and a 2021 may not be very appealing.

I was in the market for a LR, however a 2024 brand new car, albeit rwd and a couple of seconds slower for only 3k more has me thinking- I’d bet most people would opt for the new design, zero miles and longer warranty car for 3k more -

The question is what does the price drop put these at now.

2021 rwd

2021 LR

2021 P

Advertisement