Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall of Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

1990sman wrote: »
    we're goin down lads, smoke em if ya got em!

Looks like you smoked a lot yesterday

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

Looks like you smoked a lot yesterday

nay

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

We're screwed. We'll be living on borrowed money for years if not decades.

That would be like all the debt we were going to be lumbered with for generations in 2007... the same debt we almost halved in 12 years.... from 124% per capita to 58%! Ranking us right up there with the likes of Germany.

And this should not come as a surprise, we’ve been a net exporter for over 30 years and as one of my Swiss colleagues keeps pointing out - if you are continuously selling more that you are buying you will eventually work yourself out of any financial difficulties.

Ireland does not have an insolvency problem, it’s got a liquidity problem and a decade after this is over we’ll have worked our way out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Dang, I tought this was going to be a thread about an Irish Mark E Smith tribute band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Only the under educated lower classes are going down, the rest of us will continue just fine.

I caught an RTE news item saying there was only a drop of 2% in income tax takings recently. So anyone on Covid payment probably wasn't contributing anything significant to society anyway.

So from some peoples perspective and their social circles, their limited world is falling down.

Those people in the lower classes wipe your mothers and fathers arses in nursing homes, they clean your schools, they drive your buses, they clean your streets, they work for a pittance minding your kids in creche.

If you are going to insult them by saying they don't contribute to society at the very least they and sound intelligent in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Not at 50c a pack more

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

stoneill wrote:
    Not at 50c a pack more

You may need to consider changing your 'supplier'!

Ah, the post oral sex smoke. Great thread and the women of Ireland thank you.

Advertisement