Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall of Ireland

Options
  • 10-10-2020 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

we're goin down lads, smoke em if ya got em!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

George W put it better. "This sucker might go down".

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

well its not lookin good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

It's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

We're screwed. We'll be living on borrowed money for years if not decades.

At least we had the celtic tiger the last time we all lived on borrowed money.

This time we'll have nothing to show for it but the economic car crash that resulted from our reaction to this corona virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I hate these Americanisms.

It’s autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Would you say it’s time for our viewers to crack each other’s heads open and feast on the goo inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,479 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Snotty wrote: »
    Would you say it’s time for our viewers to crack each other’s heads open and feast on the goo inside?

Yes I would Kent

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I hate these Americanisms.

It’s autumn.

Autumn vs. fall
    Fall and autumn are both accepted and widely used terms for the season that comes between summer and winter. Some who consider British English the only true English regard fall as an American barbarism, but this attitude is not well founded. Fall is in fact an old term for the season, originating in English in the 16th century or earlier. It was originally short for fall of the year or fall of the leaf, but it commonly took the one-word form by the 17th century, long before the development of American English. So while the term is now widely used in the U.S., it is not exclusively American, nor is it American in origin.

Anyway it will be grand, and there won't be a word about it this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Matt Damon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Season of mists smokes and mellow fruitfulness.

Is that what the OP is on about?

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Season of mists smokes and mellow fruitfulness.

Is that what the OP is on about?

Matt BLEEDIN Damon

The (Down)Fall of Ireland

gently rolling hills of dislocating shoulders
    chirping charlatans in the trees
    all the lakes are cancelled
    for imaginary disease

*thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

1990sman wrote: »
    The (Down)Fall of Ireland

gently rolling hills of dislocating shoulders
    chirping charlatans in the trees
    all the lakes are cancelled
    for imaginary disease

*thank you

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Only the under educated lower classes are going down, the rest of us will continue just fine.

I caught an RTE news item saying there was only a drop of 2% in income tax takings recently. So anyone on Covid payment probably wasn't contributing anything significant to society anyway.

So from some peoples perspective and their social circles, their limited world is falling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

So no different than previous years and decades... Grand so.

ah the illness that tells u u dont have it

classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

As long as I get to kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,966 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Only the under educated lower classes are going down, the rest of us will continue just fine.

I caught an RTE news item saying there was only a drop of 2% in income tax takings recently. So anyone on Covid payment probably wasn't contributing anything significant to society anyway.

So from some peoples perspective and their social circles, their limited world is falling down.

Those people probably weren't paying much tax but that's not the same as contributing to society. I don't even know if it's the main way to contribute to society.

If a person's social circle and their "limited world" is falling down, that's pretty significant for them.

If the poor part of town has loads of people made redundant, that's not good for anyone. Even from a selfish point of view, that's not good. That's the perfect breeding ground for social problems in the longer term. The choices are to either help those areas get back on their feet or deal with the increased social problems, worklessness, drugs etc. further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement

Where

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think we need a rebrand personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Compared to the UK or the USA, Ireland is looking like a beacon of relative stability in the world right now. The problems with immigrants here are small beer compared to France or Germany, and Central Europe has much higher COVID-19 infection rates. There is so much more that could be going wrong here that isn’t.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

At least we had the celtic tiger the last time we all lived on borrowed money.

This time we'll have nothing to show for it but the economic car crash that resulted from our reaction to this corona virus.

That's not true though.

very little support for us amongst our own, all sold out, not looking great tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

all sold out, not looking great tbh.

Don't worry new stock will be in just in time for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

This must be were all the pessimists come to post. Well all except the guy who wants to eat brains, at least he's optimistic about his food source. Actually although of topic. If you ate an optimistic brain you get good ideas from it, where if you ate a pessimistic brain you couldn't be arsed about anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Limerick Native

If you get the soup you will be grand.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I'm doing great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I'm doing great.

To be truthful so am I

Advertisement