Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever seen a dead person. I do not mean in a morgue but I mean someone that s

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

no which seems very odd as mostly dead bodies are found by dog walkers . . I have found a pine marten, a mink a fox a pigeon a kestrel and a packet full of fags & various cash notes. I did see them pulling a bloated body from the shannon near glin county limerick one sunday morning.

DellyBelly wrote: »
    That's why I give money only to charities rather than homeless people. He probably bought the drugs that killed him with your money...not your fault though it is all on him

Foweva did a nice kind thing. Of course she isn't responsible for his death but to say that he probably did buy what killed him with the money seems a bit heartless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

so what if a homeless person bought drugs, they take away the edge on the misery they endure. You gave the money you were good and he died happy simple, if i was homeless i would buy the drugs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There was a head on collision outside our house when I was about 14.. The man in one car got out with his head bleeding, my mother got him a towel to wipe himself with. The man in the other car had to be cut out by the fire brigade. We just assumed he was unconscious but after being taken out he was zipped up in a body bag. When I went into school the next day I found out it was the Dad of a girl in the year below me.

The first dead body I saw was a nun up in the convent Chapel. For some reason our class was marched up there and had to walk around her coffin. I remember she looked like she was smiling. We were only about 10 or so and I remember I couldn't eat my dinner that evening I was so freaked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Lost two good friends in a car crash I was involved in. They had to cut me out.
    I also cut a neighbour down from a tree where he had hanged himself.

I can’t imagine how difficult that must have been for you on both occasions. I’d have nightmares after experiencing something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

When I was about 7 or 8 I saw a young girls body being dragged from the river. She had fallen in and drowned. I'll always remember how white she was and how her father cradled her while roaring crying.
    When I was about 18 I came across an accident where a child was knocked down crossing the road. Again I'll never forget seeing him lying in the road in a pool of blood.
    2 images that will never leave me..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yes, the bus driver of a bus that was bringing me to college. It was a weekly student only service so we all knew him. A van drove in to the bus and killed him. Lovely fella. He was an old-ish man with a young child (older than we'd consider normal). Finding out he had a young family was what tipped me over the edge the next day.
    I can still hear the doctor that stopped at the scene asking if he could hear him :( 10 year anniversary in about a month actually

• Registered Users Posts: 16,019 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Anyone else think of this when they saw the thread title?

tenor.gif?itemid=11333995

Advertisement