Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever seen a dead person. I do not mean in a morgue but I mean someone that s

Options
  • 08-10-2020 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Was shot or stabbed etc?
    How did it affect you?
    I have not thankfully only in a morgue or a funeral home have I seen one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

Yes someone close

Thomas.. wrote: »
    Yes someone close

Think I had PTSD after that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Aroused

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭SpencerJC

AMKC wrote: »
    Was shot or stabbed etc?
    How did it affect you?
    I have not thankfully only in a morgue or a funeral home have I seen one.

I played golf once with a man who had a heart attack and died.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Aroused

This is so wrong but it feels so right

• Advertisement

SpencerJC wrote: »
    I played golf once with a man who had a heart attack and died.

While playing golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭SpencerJC

Thomas.. wrote: »
    While playing golf?

Yeah just walking down one of the holes and he fell over. I was only about 12 and didn't really grasp the gravity of it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,483 ✭✭✭✭banie01

More than I care to remember.
    But that rarely stops me :(

SpencerJC wrote: »
    Yeah just walking down one of the holes and he fell over. I was only about 12 and didn't really grasp the gravity of it at the time.

Gravity doesn't normally cause that to happen

Anyhow I'm sorry to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

I never did, but when I was a child another local child a bit older than me died. There was a school photo that the family wanted, so as I knew where this child lived, I was dispatched to deliver it. When I got there, instead of take it off me they brought me into the wake room and there was the dead child in it’s bed surrounded with all sorts of toys. I was only 8 and that was the first dead person I’d seen, and I had no parents or anything with me. I can still see that dead child in it’s bed laid out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I found a dead guy in the toilets in Dunkin Donuts when I was younger. More recently my dad when he passed away. He didn't look like my dad anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Worked on good a few overdoses, preformed CPR a good few times with some surviving others being declared dead.Found a few deceased too , all through work.

Seen a few. Result of suicide, murder and natural causes. Performed cpr twice, I have a 50% success rate.

All adults so I don't think it really effected me that much. The first one was a suicide, that stayed with me a while but I was ok.

No thankfully I haven't. Of course I have been to wakes and seen the deceased person there but I imagine it's quite a different experience. Even wakes for me are difficult. So strange to reconcile the person you know, a living breathing human, with the dead body in the coffin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Yeah. Traffic accident involving a cyclist. Must be pushing 27 years ago. Have never forgotten it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

How white they go never leaves ye.

It like a "this chap isnt sick hes serious moment"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My mother died holding my hand. That was in a hospital though. It’s amazing how instantly different a dead person looks compared to a live person. You wouldn’t mistake her for being asleep. There were a few times in the run up she stopped breathing for a minute and we thought she was gone, but when it finally happened it was very distinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Yes. Young boy who was hit by a lorry on his way back from the local shop. Saw him being put into a body bag while I was on a bus home from school. Not pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I've only seen people who I've been with in hospitals, nursing homes, funeral parlours and wakes. I must have gone to too many removals because at this stage I mainly notice whether the undertakers have done a good job with the makeup.

Actually, I did see an old man being put in an ambulance one. He had died naturally so it wasn't unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

saw a fella lying in the middle of the road who had just been shot dead - I was probably about 12 years old and was on my way to school in the early 80s. Its something that still pops into my head. I never realised how thick blood was. The RUC were covering him up as they had just got there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Yer all dead to me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Saw someone who had jumped in front of a train, well the legs only were uncovered, very unsettling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

My father was part of a search party that found a neighbour who had drowned on a large lake. Him and a couple others in the boat found him and brought the body to shore.

The body was in the lake for a week or so so wouldn't have been a good sight. Definitely affected him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

My mother died as we waited for the ambulance, Nothing I could do, she had some sort of heart related failure. I knew she was dead when her eyes stayed open and she didn't respond to me anymore. Last thing she said to me was that she was fine and maybe 15 seconds later she left. I remember she turned white as a sheet only minutes later. It's though to deal with. When the ambulance arrived they attempted to revive her but she had no hope really. At least she didn't die alone and glad I was with her despite how hard it was watching her last moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Twice
    one with a Gas explosion in a caravan and another seen burn to dead after ex husband set the house on fire not knowing his ex wife was inside the house
    running in full flames out of the house and burned to dead on the lawn
    We could do nothing for her

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

My dad said he saw the aftermath of someone jumping from Ballymun flats years ago.

He was in work by said flats one day and hears a massive thud noise. Him and a few of the others go around to see what the noise was and sees some guy laying on the pavement with blood coming out of his ears etc. Not a pretty sight I am sure. It must have stuck with him for a bit.

Said it didn't appear on rte news or anything. He chalked it up to it not being the first time someone had done it (as he heard of others doing it) and not something you want to promote. Messed up huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Twice
    one with a Gas explosion in a caravan and another seen burn to dead after ex husband set the house on fire not knowing his ex wife was inside the house
    running in full flames out of the house and burned to dead on the lawn
    We could do nothing for her

Your joking....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

When I was about 20 I arrived at the scene of a Car accident before emergency services had arrived (I wasnt involved in the accident). Two fatalities on scene and one died later in hospital. It was utterly chaotic and horrific. 30 years later I often think about it when Im driving, especially overtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

once during a search and rescue for missing fisherman.....had been in the sea for 5/6 days....Took a good while before could stop seeing it randomly

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I saw a man get hit by a bus when he was crossing the road. Coincidentally just up the street from there, a saw a man jump off the bridge into the river. Also saved three people from jumping in that same spot. I've talked six strangers out of suicide around Cork's waterways in the past four years.

Advertisement