Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Indoor Smart Camera - €97.91

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

ted1 wrote: »
    That’s big assumption and not one I’d agree with

To clarify, I mean it would be the easiest install for this type of device due to the presence of hard wired items on the cable. You can't disconnect the camera from the USB cable and there's a clunky connector on the other end (which would require a large enough hole in your wall).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

JDxtra wrote: »
    To clarify, I mean it would be the easiest install for this type of device due to the presence of hard wired items on the cable. You can't disconnect the camera from the USB cable and there's a clunky connector on the other end (which would require a large enough hole in your wall).

Just cut the cable and put it through a small hole. It only uses 5 volts ( just the red and black needed) . From a usb outlet. Easy to rejoin the cable. You can even extend it if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

cloneslad wrote: »
    Ordered then myself, cheers for the heads up. Not having to deal with wires sold it for me. If the image isn't good enough I'll send them back - the benefit of buying online.

I'm using Parcel Motel the are due with Parcel Motel in Thursday so should have them for next weekend

As some of you may have noticed today and tomorrow are Prime Days on Amazon.

I bought this item from Amazon for £229.99.
    Today it is £149.99.

Got on to Amazon and they said they would refund for original on return.

So bought second one today and will return original.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W4MY7HL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Yellow Dog wrote: »

Today it is £149.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W4MY7HL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought it last week after you said you bought it - paid £184 for it from Eufy.

I'm not going to bother returning it, I'd prefer to just eat the extra £35 I spent on it and have it this weekend and save the return postage with Eufy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Yellow Dog wrote: »

Today it is £149.99.

cloneslad wrote: »
    I bought it last week after you said you bought it - paid £184 for it from Eufy.

I'm not going to bother returning it, I'd prefer to just eat the extra £35 I spent on it and have it this weekend and save the return postage with Eufy.

I cheekily dropped Eufy an email yesterday to ask them would they reimburse the £35 extra that I spent compared to the Amazon offer to save me cancelling and reordering through Amazon.

They got back to me this morning and said they would refund me the difference, which is pretty nice of them tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

JDxtra wrote: »
    At highest settings, I find mine use around 150Gb/per month per camera

Yikes, 150 gigabytes a month up is huge! Or is that 150 "gigabits"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Yikes, 150 gigabytes a month up is huge! Or is that 150 "gigabits"?

It's in gigabytes (GB).

Cameras are set to "high" quality, on this setting Nest say the camera will "do its best" to use only 300GB/month, but actually uses much less.

Thankfully ISP has no limits. :)

Advertisement