Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I get this negative review nonsense on my website. Some people don't tell me that they have a problem. They make no contact at all but leave a bad review instead. I would try my best to resolve any issues if they contact me anyway but some jokers like to leave negative review first forcing shop owners to make contact with them first.

The world is full of idiots imo

OT but this happened in a pub I worked in. Served someone and she was full of smiles and compliments, said everything was great when I asked. Like you, if someone is unhappy I'll do everything I can to help.

That evening she set up brand new accounts, her pic attached, on everything from yelp, TA, zomato, etc. completely slating us, worst meal ever, etc. Then the next week, she starts coming in again, all smiles, as if nothing happened. Weirdos out there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

VG31 wrote: »

Its very strange that some chocolate can ship and some can't (of the same brand).

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I had a delivery from an Amazon driver (Was wearing a light blue rain jacket) in Carlow town.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Going to order from a company from the uk of amazon de. Would I have to pay any additional charges because it's from a uk seller.

kingbhome wrote: »
    Going to order from a company from the uk of amazon de. Would I have to pay any additional charges because it's from a uk seller.

Price on screen should be final as its an Amazon site. If its fulfilled by Amazon then id imagine no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I did a return last week, to Portlaoise, via An Post.
    Put the barcode in the package with the product, and the two labels on the outside.
    Post office said they didn’t want the fourth, but put a date stamp on it and handed it back to me, but she said she only did that because she didn’t know what else to do with it!

As an aside, I had a refund in the form of credit to my account an hour or so later.
    Still have the 4th form, but will throw it away now I think.

Price on screen should be final as its an Amazon site. If its fulfilled by Amazon then id imagine no.

See pic

kingbhome wrote: »
    See pic

See attachment

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is it just me or are Amazon charging the same amount of VAT regardless of whether you choose free shipping or standard £6 shipping. It looks like even if you select free shipping they charge you VAT on the £6 shipping regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Is it just me or are Amazon charging the same amount of VAT regardless of whether you choose free shipping or standard £6 shipping. It looks like even if you select free shipping they charge you VAT on the £6 shipping regardless.

Yep, noticed that myself also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

VAT is due on the cost of the item plus shipping. If you qualify for free shipping they will deduct this after the VAT calculation, but VAT amount will not change.

It may work out cheaper to sign up for a month of Prime at £7.99 if item amount is under €21 ex VAT as you won't pay VAT at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

The "free" shipping is a discount, so yes they do charge you.

The difference in the new regime is the VAT on the full price, which can also affect some other discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

Amazon drivers in Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Finally, I bit the bullet and made my first post Brexit purchase.

Only one of seven items was delivered. The other six were returned to Amazon by DPD with tracking say 'Undeliverable'. The one that got through was delivered by Amazon's own drivers. I've never had a problem with this address before.

An email from Amazon points me to these possible reasons.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GCC7G9HKYQBZT5FX

I'm wondering whether an address without an Eircode is sufficient for all this to happen?

Just use an Eircode.

Just use an Eircode.
    I don't want to re-order if it could be something else. Is a missing Eircode enough for DPD to refuse to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

KOR101 wrote: »
    I don't want to re-order if it could be something else. Is a missing Eircode enough for DPD to refuse to deliver?

DPD will argue the toss over Eircodes they have told me they don't use them :rolleyes: Then the drivers have told me they need them.

Some Amazon deliveries with DPD have had the Eicode removed with a black marker pen :eek:

Sounds like the DPD driver couldn't be bothered.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭davetherave

Had my first non-Amazon driver delivery today since they started doing their own back in Oct/Nov. Not a particular high value, just a largish computer monitor. Would there be a size limit that it would go to An Post rather than Amazon Logistics?

Had my first non-Amazon driver delivery today since they started doing their own back in Oct/Nov. Not a particular high value, just a largish computer monitor. Would there be a size limit that it would go to An Post rather than Amazon Logistics?

I've Asked Amazon about this and they didn't have an answer other than it could come by An Post a courier or Amazon Logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

That is bizarre I would have thought DPD would be good to find the place with the eircode. It does depend where it's coming from as some clothes companies may or may not put in the eircode when they print off the address. Some i'v had trouble entering the Eircode into the address section myself.

• Advertisement

starlit wrote: »
    That is bizarre I would have thought DPD would be good to find the place with the eircode. It does depend where it's coming from as some clothes companies may or may not put in the eircode when they print off the address. Some i'v had trouble entering the Eircode into the address section myself.

I had one item with DPD where the driver called me to ask my Eircode (my phone number was on the address label). When he delivered it the Eircode had been crossed out with a marker pen. Another time my address and Eircode was on the original label but not on the one that DPD had slapped over the top of it.

The courier firms are still crying about the fact they have to pay for the use of the Eircode system and won't pay. The drivers are fine with the Eircode because it costs them nothing to look up the codes on their phones.

Well I reordered and added Eircode. We shall see......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I had one item with DPD where the driver called me to ask my Eircode (my phone number was on the address label). When he delivered it the Eircode had been crossed out with a marker pen. Another time my address and Eircode was on the original label but not on the one that DPD had slapped over the top of it.

The courier firms are still crying about the fact they have to pay for the use of the Eircode system and won't pay. The drivers are fine with the Eircode because it costs them nothing to look up the codes on their phones.

That's mad! DPD have generally been good in my area but other couriers not so much. Either they find the house fine or I'd have to meet them... DHL had not got an eircode from Reiss one time and had to ring for eircode despite eircode being typed into address when ordering. H and M had trouble taking the eircode I had to add it elsewhere as part of the address even if delievered by anpost.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The couriers told the govt during the consultation that the format suggested couldn’t be integrated into their systems. Good old govt then proceeded anyway, and wondered why there wasn't a big uptake of it, including An Post. Ridiculous that you are limited to a certain amount of uses as well.

Don't forget eircode cost €52m odd and is owned by......a UK company (Capita).

Mod <Snip> If you want to make allegations bring it to the Gardai, not here.

Mod <Snip> If you want to make allegations bring it to the Gardai, not here.

Sorry about that.

Back on topic, Poland just got its own amazon site....hopefully we'll be next.

https://www.aboutamazon.eu/press-release/amazon-pl-launches-in-poland?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=amazonnewsEU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭VG31

Sorry about that.

Back on topic, Poland just got its own amazon site....hopefully we'll be next.

https://www.aboutamazon.eu/press-release/amazon-pl-launches-in-poland?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=amazonnewsEU

Amazon have nine fulfillment centres in Poland and Poland has a population of 38 million so it's not really comparable.

VG31 wrote: »
    Amazon have nine fulfillment centres in Poland and Poland has a population of 38 million so it's not really comparable.

So 1 or 2 fulfillment centres for our measly 5 million population, its scalable if not comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'm still not convinced having an Amazon.ie website would be the best option, the possibility of fewer items and higher prices seems likely to me if that was the case.

Having free delivery from the .co.uk site at the same prices (bar our higher VAT rate) with fulfillment centres in Ireland seems like it is our best option.

Open to debate obviously.

• Advertisement

Anyone any experience returning items to non .co.uk amazon domains? I've to return a big item to amazon.it and put the label on and an post wanted 70quid. Would I get this back? I had to email amazon as there reps don't speak English.

Advertisement