Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oisin Murphy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Agree with all that it, the detail on his failure level versus spec in other juristictions would be interesting

Yeah, im not letting murphy off the hook, i just don't see anything wrong with asking questions about it. The threshold in Ireland and the UK is 150 ng per ml. That is considered a small amount (in the us i think it's 300), so small that some years back the French tennis player Richard Gasquet was able to successfully argue that he'd got contaminated from kissing his girlfriend after testing positive for 150ng! I'd just be interested to know what the level is.

You could have a situation where a jockey would test positive in one jurisdiction but not in another and yet faces a ban in them all. Just doesn't seem ideal, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

you'd think they'd all be signed up to a wada limit but apparently not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Well, if you hang around with Matt Chapman enough some of it is bound to transfer at some point.............

That's a very serious accusation Roger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

That's a very serious accusation Roger.

False tan :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I actually doubt that Chapman is too much of a gannet for it in fairness, he seems too honest. Most cokeheads I know are chunts and as much of a pain in the arse ITV have got him to portray himself as... I don't get the impression he is a coke fiend, I know a few and frankly he does not fit the profile. He is a bit on the spectrum.. but I would let him date my family for starters, underneath it all he appears harmless enough.

Jockeys are too busy with everything to be harmless, it is a rough game and far too much money involved, which makes his phuck up all the more stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I actually doubt that Chapman is too much of a gannet for it in fairness, he seems too honest. Most cokeheads I know are chunts and as much of a pain in the arse ITV have got him to portray himself as... I don't get the impression he is a coke fiend, I know a few and frankly he does not fit the profile. He is a bit on the spectrum.. but I would let him date my family for starters, underneath it all he appears harmless enough.

Jockeys are too busy with everything to be harmless, it is a rough game and far too much money involved, which makes his phuck up all the more stupid.

We are so blessed to have someone so wise and worldly posting regularly here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Slattsy wrote: »
    Sad to see. There's so much good quality scotch out there you have to wonder why these lads turn to cocaine. How long will he banned for?

Great timing for young Fallon..... Very good timing all things considered.

Nothing compliments a good scotch like a good line of cocaine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Scotch isn't an appetite suppressant.

I tell you chunts one thing, my death row meal will include a cask of Irish and a heap a banger, for starters. Nessun Dorma. And a box a major. Probably request a Dart board to flick at a poster a ruby Walsh dressed up in a pair of green Paddy Pooer Y fronts.

I love Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ban reduced to 3 months - https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/oisin-murphy-escapes-with-three-month-ban-after-french-cocaine-positive-upheld/460873
    The dual champion jockey, who will not be appealing against the decision, would ordinarily have been looking at a six-month suspension, but the stewards were persuaded by a combination of evidence from a hair test and Murphy's own testimony that he was contaminated after having sex with a person he later discovered to be a user.

• Advertisement

At least he admitted to getting a decent ride ......
    sorry:o I will grab me coat eh Taxi for one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I think I was wrong on this. I am a fairly adventurous person, but I really struggle to see how cocaine use can be transferred through sex. I am too old to be familiar with all this, but I imagine for cocaine to be transferable, you'd need the lady in question to be rubbing a whole load of it into her gums before lobbing the gob on you.

I could be wrong of course. I just do not know enough.

I think I was wrong on this. I am a fairly adventurous person, but I really struggle to see how cocaine use can be transferred through sex. I am too old to be familiar with all this, but I imagine for cocaine to be transferable, you'd need the lady in question to be rubbing a whole load of it into her gums before lobbing the gob on you.

I doubt poor Oisín was thinking too clearly himself at the time.

He is a great pilot and like us all his mistakes are there to learn from.

There would be nothing stopping me when I am riding a good one, everyone is the same. Life is there to be enjoyed, enough said in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

It's the common go to excuse with athletes. Richard Gasquet the tennis player was due to be banned a year until he said he caught it off a wan he was mauling the face off in a nightclub. Tennis has a real see no evil attitude towards drugs though. If Serena or Federer or Nadal popped for steroids they could say they tripped and fell on a needle down an alleyway and they'd get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Coneygree wrote: »
    It's the common go to excuse with athletes. Richard Gasquet the tennis player was due to be banned a year until he said he caught it off a wan he was mauling the face off in a nightclub. Tennis has a real see no evil attitude towards drugs though. If Serena or Federer or Nadal popped for steroids they could say they tripped and fell on a needle down an alleyway and they'd get away with it.

Golf has done the same on a few occasions, not good for the image, drugs are only used by poor people don't you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Did the B sample ever come back? Amazing all the talk about it how it would clear his name and then nothing.

Robbie Downey not too pleased on twitter that he got six months and oisin got three.

Not a doubt in my mind Oisin took it. Absolutely laughable that by denying it enough he got s lighter sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I'd imagine Robbie Downey will be feeling a bit peeved they accepted Murphy's hair test as mitigating evidence. It's one rule for some, he may well be thinking.

Easily transferable through shifting

Once you snort it , you can feel it in the back of your throat

Also plenty of people rub what residue is left on their gums or lick the bag .

I believe him , I know many dont

I'm long enough in the tooth now to cop a coke user , and hes not one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Naive comment. Look at your doctor, your solicitor, your post man. Good chance one of them is a coke user.

Naive comment. Look at your doctor, your solicitor, your post man. Good chance one of them is a coke user.

I call it as I see it .

Your allowed your opinion, I'm allowed have mine

• Advertisement

I love wearing the face off birds when I am off me chopperooneys..... everyone does. Ce n’est qu’en connaissant la vérité qu’un homme peut la nier.

I believe him, if he said he didn't do it then he didn't. None of us were there?

Dirty French coke snorting slag of a thing I would say she was? Une Pute Sale.

Bullseye.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

akelly02 wrote: »
    Easily transferable through shifting

Once you snort it , you can feel it in the back of your throat

Also plenty of people rub what residue is left on their gums or lick the bag .

I believe him , I know many dont

I'm long enough in the tooth now to cop a coke user , and hes not one of them

she could have it it rubbed in to herself "downstairs" and when it went for a bit of the lickin' down there - totally feasible!!!

razorhead wrote: »
    she could have it it rubbed in to herself "downstairs" and when it went for a bit of the lickin' down there - totally feasible!!!

I never thought of that?

Wow.

Is that what the young jockeys are into these days?

Jeepers.

He should spend the 3 months looking for a decent broodmare, he could call her Snowdownsouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I have no idea if he did or didn't
    We all just accept these grown men making 10 stone to ride a horse, less even
    We just accept they make sacrifices we wouldn't dream of making. They all smoke like chimneys, they go days without food.
    If a fellah has a bag a week to keep him sane, then I will not be one to judge
    It doesn't improve performance so feck it

I have no idea if he did or didn't
    We all just accept these grown men making 10 stone to ride a horse, less even
    We just accept they make sacrifices we wouldn't dream of making. They all smoke like chimneys, they go days without food.
    If a fellah has a bag a week to keep him sane, then I will not be one to judge
    It doesn't improve performance so feck it

that man is harmless.

i wouldnt blame him for taking it, but i doubt he did

Best excuse I have ever heard.

The smirk on Nick Luck yesterday morning was side splitting.

"l’invention est la mère de l’espoir, dans chaque misère"

I definitely believe him, it is obvious what went on now. Those french birds are total slappers. They should know better than to be going around getting wired and then getting giggidity with good honest to jaysus jockeys. Une putes béante.

One hundred and eighty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Mange tout Rodney

I always thought he was a bit of a pussy.
    Hope he didn't snatch at it
    The devil's triangle prefers coke to Pepsi

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This place has gone mad!

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    This place has gone mad!

You love to see it

Advertisement