Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who were you when you joined?

Options
2»

Comments

Roleplaying nerd. I think i joined for the DAOC (Dark Age of Camelot) forum posts originally, although it could have been something else. Used to work in an internet cafe and boards was commonly used by the other employees. Handy to dispel boredom. Unfortunately, I found the old Humanities and Politics forums and got hooked on arguing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

I was the most annoying far left gimp you could imagine - at the time (2005). Still not as bad as the current crop, but nevertheless a head wreck. Delighted if any discussions from a conservative point of view got shut down.

About 2015/16 I started to question the ideology I clung to. I always knew deep down there were serious inconsistencies and hypocrisies, but only then did I start to examine them.

I haven't become a big mad fascist (which is what some believe could be the only possible outcome) - I'm just not automatically supporting the extremely liberal point of view at all costs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Back from Australia, unemployed and newly married. Like completedit I joined mainly to follow the wrestling forum and take part in the draft each year.

Rarely posted at all until I found Forum Games... and well... the rest is history.

Two kids in the interim so they keep me rather busy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I was the most annoying far left gimp you could imagine - at the time (2005). Still not as bad as the current crop, but nevertheless a head wreck. Delighted if any discussions from a conservative point of view got shut down.

About 2015/16 I started to question the ideology I clung to. I always knew deep down there were serious inconsistencies and hypocrisies, but only then did I start to examine them.

I haven't become a big mad fascist (which is what some believe could be the only possible outcome) - I'm just not automatically supporting the extremely liberal point of view at all costs.

OK but WHO were you?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

I was a monk when I joined. I'm a Rabbi now.

• Advertisement

Think I joined at the end of a process of self improvement that brought me from the worst place in my life to a very good place.

I had also gotten into a strange relationship a couple years before and it was settling down and we were trying for a child - and are now 3 kids into a planned 4.

So I think when I first joined it was the first time in my life I might have something to offer on here. Not sure if I ever did - but I felt I could at the time.

I still feel I have something to offer in my life now 11 years later. But probably not on here. Mostly in the offline real world. My presence here is pretty useless now I feel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Joined when I lived in PNG and missed home. It was surreal reading about issues back home and the normality of it was like a comfort blanket.

Really just lurked and browsed but like the Cycling and music forums.

Advertisement