Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who were you when you joined?

Options
  • 27-09-2020 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Long time lurker. I joined here about 18 years ago while in a computer room in DIT Aungier Street if I recall. Enjoyed student life. Cut to now I’ve been around the block work and education wise. Married with kids. Still feel 21 at heart. Pretty much stayed in Dublin most of my life with little or no regrets. How has your journey been?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Ladygoodman1

Shirley valentine. Still am thats how it has went for me. Without the sex in greece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Leaving Cert. Friendless pretty much. Loved wrestling and the soccer forum. Even bought some wrestling stuff off some guy outside Trinity(looked like a drug deal by appearances)
    Actually engaged a good bit with people on Boards, even went to a football match amongst the Boards soccer members.
    I don't connect too much with that person but base personality wise, I am pretty much the same.

I was me ten years ago. Still am by strange coincidence.

• I honestly have no recollection of setting up this account. In 2013 I would have been heading into last year of college. Must have been a **** summer if I signed up here.

I posted for a while and went about 6 years without. Started posting again about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I was you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pretty sure I signed up just to post in the gaming forum. Can't quite recall. But, I was 24, so was working for O2 and GameStop at the time, with a bit of waiting inbetween. Was shortly before I became a Garda. Full of life, great outlook.

Roll on 13 years and I hate humanity, I hate work, I hate hierarchy, I pretty much hate everything but I'm loving life compared to 5 years ago. Not so great outlook anymore, and I've given up trying to be part of the machine that is society and all the expectations that go with it. Being a Garda for 9 years really opened my eyes to how low people can go, or just how little people actually care about each other or their fellow man.

And I still stick by that. People will be all nice to your face and discuss every small detail of your life to their gossiping friends. They'd put you under a bus if it benefited them, and I also including those who actually come across as genuinely nice and caring. They'd give their life for something they believe deserves it, but not just for anyone.

Thought we'd have proper self driving by now, and maybe even space (read: orbit) travel. It's all coming, just taking longer than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,659 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was just after starting 6th year in school.

9/11 terrorist attack had happened the month before so we were all a bit anxious as to what was about to unfold on a global scale. Weird time to be leaving school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I am a lot more mature now and much more settled personality-wise. Looking back on my posts when I was in my mid-teens, I don't even recognise myself. I suppose it would be much more worrying if I felt I hadn't changed at all. I do appreciate the 2008 registration date though.

I've only joined last year ..ive been ten other people since then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭touts

I was me.

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    I was me.
    How long have you been you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Some nerd trying to find somewhere online to play quake

I was MATT DAMON!

How long have you been you?

I started being me when I got tired being the other fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭This is it

Over 10 years now, I was unemployed but heading back to college as a mature student. Simpler times then but 10 years later and again, I'm heading back to college as a mature student. Happily employed though thankfully :)

I was MATT DAMON!

How's the pub crawl going in Clonmel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Myself, just 3 years younger.

touts wrote: »
    How's the pub crawl going in Clonmel?

AH LADS ITS THE BOLLOCKS! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I was original me, before I murdered my best friend and took his wife and his identity. They'd just returned from Australia. He left when he was a kid. She was soooo hot.
    She's 15 years older now, so in fairness she tires quicker. But she's still hot. And she makes great tiramisu. Which is nice.
    His relations can be so annoying. Can we visit? No!!

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I was original me, before I murdered my best friend and took his wife and his identity. They'd just returned from Australia. He left when he was a kid. She was soooo hot.
    She's 15 years older now, so in fairness she tires quicker. But she's still hot. And she makes great tiramisu. Which is nice.
    His relations can be so annoying. Can we visit? No!!

Did that occur before you came to in the alley, a faded Tesco bag of empty Dutchies as your pillow? The elaborate dream sequence in Dallas has competition. In actual fact it doesn't, a humdrum scenario borne of a limited imagination doesn't remotely compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Did that occur before you came to in the alley, a faded Tesco bag of empty Dutchies as your pillow? The elaborate dream sequence in Dallas has competition. In actual fact it doesn't, a humdrum scenario borne of a limited imagination doesn't remotely compare.

Don't be too hard on yourself, your imagination goes beyond limited occasionally. Your posts bear it out.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Don't be too hard on yourself, your imagination goes beyond limited occasionally. Your posts bear it out.

Subtle shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I've only joined last year ..ive been ten other people since then.....

You'll always be you to me - vibes ... ;)

Was fighting a pangalatic battle for survival in the outmost reaches of the omega galaxy. Took on the forces of evil and prevailed. Went through fire to come out transformed into stronger metal. Now don’t give two figs / have the tee-shirt & life's too short philosophy not to call out the bs where it rears it's ugly head ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Man, you're going back 15 years now. I was busting my ass off between work and college, but loving Dublin and getting to know people (boards was a really good place for that, back then). Nowadays I'm self employed, all going well, still in Dublin (lived abroad a bit but always end up back here :) ). Don't use boards as much (re-regged for the odd post), there was a significant drop in craic a few years ago and the old vibe just never returned IMO.

gozunda wrote: »
    You'll always be you to me - vibes ... ;)
    :D

You will always be Matt Damon to me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I forgot the password for my od account so I created this one.

19 years later and I'm not even sure what the old username was anymore.

Funny how things change, yet stay the same.

:D

You will always be Matt Damon to me! :p

I don't know who Matt Damon is :D

gozunda wrote: »
    I don't know who Matt Damon is :D
    Its more of a state of physical energy. Like a vortex from which there is no escape.

• Advertisement

Its more of a state of physical energy. Like a vortex from which there is no escape.

True ... ;)

Advertisement