Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

54 with Salah, taa, and mitro to go. Seems a decent score for this week.

Who's dis guy? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Who's dis guy? :pac:

I saw all the sorrow going around and couldn't resist😜...Fernandes Kane, ayling and double Southampton defence helped a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Looking here I figured being on 29 with 4 to play plus captain I'd be ok in my league. Surrounded by late 30s into the 40s. It's not usually the strongest league!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

How many players did you triple captain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

42 (-4), but used my Bench boost and happy i did. It contributed 21 points!

Salah (c), TAA, Mitrovic to go

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭ngunners

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Everyone's in the same boat this week, whether ya wildcarded or not. Biggest spread from worst to best score on here seems to be about 20 points so nobody lost much this week.

Draw a line under it, move onto GW4

Exactly, it’s better to do badly in a low scoring week than a high scoring one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

18 with Martinez Robbo and Salah to go.

Used wildcard and transfered out Mccarthy ayling Coleman vardy.

Who's had a worse week?

ngunners wrote: »
    Exactly, it’s better to do badly in a low scoring week than a high scoring one.

It's also harder to do badly in a high scoring week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's also harder to do badly in a high scoring week.

You'd be surprised :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

36 with Salah, Robbo, Tierney and TAA to go, used my wildcard for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

but1er wrote: »
    18 with Martinez Robbo and Salah to go.

Used wildcard and transfered out Mccarthy ayling Coleman vardy.

Who's had a worse week?

15 points on WC with Martinez TAA and Salah left

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is anyone else finding the drawn out gameweeks (ie. one game at a time spread out over 3 days) is sucking the life out of FPL?

It's pretty much the same again next week except for a couple of double ups on the Sunday.

It would be nice to have a bunch of games on together on a Saturday with goals flying in all over the place but I guess the TV companies are desperate to spread out the games as much as possible.

I haven't had the same interest in FPL since lockdown...I was always going to play this season but haven't entered as many money leagues as I normally would.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding the drawn out gameweeks (ie. one game at a time spread out over 3 days) is sucking the life out of FPL?

It's pretty much the same again next week except for a couple of double ups on the Sunday.

It would be nice to have a bunch of games on together on a Saturday with goals flying in all over the place but I guess the TV companies are desperate to spread out the games as much as possible.

I haven't had the same interest in FPL since lockdown...I was always going to play this season but haven't entered as many money leagues as I normally would.

Suppose there's two ways the look at it. My girlfriend hates me on the weekends because I get to watch so many games and see who passes the eye test for FPL.

I don't get to see that with all the games on at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

23, Robbo, TAA, Salah and Reed (Fulham dud) to go.

Feels like a disaster but looking at the leagues it seems like a lot are in the same or even a worse boat. What's more, is that a lot have used their WC this weak and seemingly had it really back fire.

It's a strange season so far, and a strange week, but dare I say it I'm HEWT with 23 so far and those 4 to go.

My team looks nicely set up for next week too, with likely an easy transfer decision of Werner out for DCL or Jiminez (likely DCL). Already took the price hit on Werner so can wait and see for a few days.

On top of this I was looking at some XG/XA 90 stats there, and there's a lot of players I have who look really healthy on that - Kane tops it, Che Adams is high up there as well so pretty happy to carry the two of them forward in my team

I was thinking of WCing after GW4 but I may well hold on - there's not too many players out there screaming at me that I'm clearly missing, with the exception of DCL who I'll rectify this week.

City and United having weak enough starts has made holding the WC feasible. Yes Bruno got a good haul last week but didn't pass the eye test for me, and United look overpriced in general. With City KDB-only certainly seems investment enough at this stage. Additionally Wolves' great run now doesn't look so great after yesterday so feeling like Podence-only is fine there.

With the exception of Everton, it was a weak that swung back a bit against common consensus from the first couple of weeks, which can only be a good thing if you have been patient with your transfers, not taken points hits and avoided using your WC.

164 overall points isn't spectacular but I think many are having a rough time of it and with my team looking in good shape for next week and a WC still in the pocket I'm happy with the start even if it doesn't feel like a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

dsmythy wrote: »
    Looking here I figured being on 29 with 4 to play plus captain I'd be ok in my league. Surrounded by late 30s into the 40s. It's not usually the strongest league!

The players in my ML who I have seen scoring 40+ this week are not players who I think will be there at the end of the season (with all due respect, they're players who would take the game more casually). That's why I'm quite relaxed about a score in the 20s this week.

Even in some of the Boards leagues I have an idea who some of the really top players are from their past finishes and they are not doing well generally. So not too worried or disappointed by this week as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cartman78 wrote: »

Yeah same. I think we all see through the "fans can't go to games so we have to put them on TV argument". Stations love having 10 games on over 3 days. I'd prefer if they had to get them on TV that you'd have four/five 3pm games on four sports channels. I think we're all grown up enough to know that as long as the bookies are buying ads, games will be staggered.

The 7pm Saturday and Sunday games in particular is a time slot I'll never get used to. 5:45 Monday too - WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Morzadec wrote: »
    23, Robbo, TAA, Salah and Reed (Fulham dud)

We must have similar team, if you also have Kane

I'm hoping you end up on near 60 points after tonight's games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Suppose there's two ways the look at it. My girlfriend hates me on the weekends because I get to watch so many games and see who passes the eye test for FPL.

I don't get to see that with all the games on at the same time

Make sure you keep it that way or you may not see as much football:D:D

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Make sure you keep it that way or you may not see as much football:D:D

I'm losing my money leagues on purpose so I don't get any extra funds for a ring :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

2 appalling weeks in a row.. 16 points with 2 to go.. used to be pretty good at this game!

TimesArrow wrote: »
    2 appalling weeks in a row.. 16 points with 2 to go.. used to be pretty good at this game!

Who have you got left and is it a captain?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

I had Jimenez captain this week. An own goal and zero points. Brilliant lol

Have 32 though so far with 4 to play later though so still some hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Who have you got left and is it a captain?

Have Salah, VVD and Martinez left..

Had KDB captain...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Salah (c) please save the GW!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I had Jimenez captain this week. An own goal and zero points. Brilliant lol

Have 32 though so far with 4 to play later though so still some hope.

That's a solid score this week, nothing to complain about, especially with 4 to play.
    I also had Jimmi, wasted a wildcard and scored just 19 after the Wolves game with just 2 to play. In the big scheme of things, it's not the worst result I've ever had and considering everyone is in the same boat, not worth worrying over. If the average score was 70+ I'd be more concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

one auba(c) goal will be huge for me, taking away liverpool CS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Looking around my money league a villa clean sheet would be massive. Everyone around me seems to have Mitrovoic

Mitro Hat trick and a Salah Hat trick should see a good day for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Salah (c) please save the GW!!!!!!

Although everyone in my money league has him, I seem to be the only one as captain so a nice 16 pointer would be welcome.

Advertisement