Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

McCarthy cleanie on my bench
    Bollox!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

14 from 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Triple Saints saving the day with Ings, KWP & McCarthy :)

Double Saints here - KWP & Ings

20 from 4

HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

First clean sheet of the year, coming from Alex McCarthy.

A sentence I never thought I'd type :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Southampton with the only clean sheet of the day => all their defenders falling in price tonight.

Makes no sense. What other defenders are people buying?

• Advertisement

27 from 5 looks ok from today but capatain fail will make it tough

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Because Ings is the value for money striker in the game

Based on what? and what constitutes value for money?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

5 pts from 3. Not the best of starts...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Chelsea sh1tshow and Ings/McCarthy double brings a nice end to tonight. Kane captain tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

22 from 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ace2007 wrote: »

Seems to be the only reasonably priced guaranteed starter striker who knows how to put the ball between the posts at the moment

Are you ever not contrary ?

-9 from 3.

Fernandes & Richarlison to Jimenez & Werner looking questionable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bruno and Ings good
    Taylor and Werner bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

:D

Surprised the Wood owners aren't up in arms :pac: over the non peno for the Vestergaard? push.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

begbysback wrote: »
    Seems to be the only reasonably priced guaranteed starter striker who knows how to put the ball between the posts at the moment

Wood, Maupay Wesley (touch wood :o ) could do similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

By asking why a poster thinks Ings is the most value player? It's good for people to think why they get a player in instead of just following the herd and throwing round statements.

Yes Ings scored tonight and has 3 goals this season, and 19 points, but he's 8.4m, compare that with Maupay whose 6.5m also has 3 goals, but also has 5 points more than him, or compare him to DCL who is 1.1m cheaper and has 12 points more than him.

Bamford has played a game less than him and has more points.

So Ings might be a lot of things, but i don't think you can say he offers the most value for his price point based on his current returns. The most value player so far this season would have to be DCL, because of the price he's at.

If Kane gets a brace tomorrow and become the top points striker i still wouldn't say that he's value at 10.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

By asking why a poster thinks Ings is the most value player? It's good for people to think why they get a player in instead of just following the herd and throwing round statements.

Yes Ings scored tonight and has 3 goals this season, and 19 points, but he's 8.4m, compare that with Maupay whose 6.5m also has 3 goals, but also has 5 points more than him, or compare him to DCL who is 1.1m cheaper and has 12 points more than him.

So Ings might be a lot of things, but i don't think you can say he offers the most value for his price point based on his current returns. The most value player so far this season would have to be DCL, because of the price he's at.

If Kane gets a brace tomorrow and become the top points striker i still wouldn't say that he's value at 10.5.

3 goals in two games for Ings, he is carrying on his form from last season and looks like he will be up around 20 on current form. For 8.5m, that's pretty decent value

DCL is out scoring him and is currently very good value but will he keep it up? I'm not so sure he will

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

siblers wrote: »
    3 goals in two games for Ings, he is carrying on his form from last season and looks like he will be up around 20 on current form. For 8.5m, that's pretty decent value

DCL is out scoring him and is currently very good value but will he keep it up? I'm not so sure he will

He probably has as much chance as Ings, mostly due to the players around him

Ah I hear ya and I’m not breaking your balls but if you’re going to pick people up on what they say then you’ll be busy as. I do think you want to haul people over the coals for what they say but maybe people just get excited when they’re doing well and not entering their opinion as fact for a court of law.

It’s not a science. It’s a unpredictable game that we try to predict.

As for Maupay. I love him. Think he looks great and is a mini Aguero in my head. I’m going to buy him because I love watching him play. Love his attitude.

Going to try and have more fun this season beacuse, let’s face it, after that hit I’m not scaring the top of any leagues, soon, this season.

And for the record - the best value player is the one you hate owning the least.

• Advertisement

9 (-8) from 3.

Meh. All the weaker ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

20 from 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭macraignil

Wildcard team on 8 from 3 when pre-wildcard would have got 21 from 3 so looking like a fairly typical pattern so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

31 from 5 without (c) HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

8 (-4) from 4 today

I hope tomorrow's 4 do better Doherty, Soucek, Jimi and Captain Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

10 from 4 isnt that bad as things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

16 from 4

Grand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

27(-4) from 5 with blanks from captain Werner and vice cap Hamez so i'm hoping the big guns in City and Liverpool stay quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

22 (-4) with 6 to go incl. Kane(c).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 digitalmarket

Yeah Its tru

Advertisement