Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two teenage boys assaulted in Dublin park

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ElitesTeam

Not sure if you meant it that way but that post reads as one of the most racist things I've seen here for a long time.

Where is the racism in that post:confused:

Maybe i'm not woke enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

ElitesTeam wrote: »

I don't see any racism there either am i missing something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I don't see any racism there either am i missing something ?

You need to put your woke goggles on. You can find racism everywhere and anywhere with a pair.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ElitesTeam wrote: »

I think the posted thought the other poster was suggesting it would have been great if the youngfellas had received a more thorough hiding.

Not sure if you meant it that way but that post reads as one of the most racist things I've seen here for a long time.

To be fair to riffmongous, I think he read my post wrongly.

I think he's interpreting it as me saying "I Wish those white lads really showed those blacks who's boss".

What I was actually saying was; from reading the article I initially thought it was a group of scumbags out doing their scumbag thing, and a few adults put some manners on them. If that were the case, I wouldn't have cared if they were black, white or anything else.

But obviously more info came out that apparently that wasn't the case, and it seems like the attack was just because 'he looks different lol', which obviously is racially motivated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

https://www.thejournal.ie/attack-teen-crunlin-injuries-interview-5222124-Oct2020/

Good to see the local community getting behind them. The father is a bigger man than I. I'd want heads if that was my son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

img-20201002-wa0004-310x415.jpg

I don't want to live in Dublin anymore

It's a fúcking cesspit

• Registered Users Posts: 34,019 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I thought maybe the 3 adults had had enough with an anti-social group and gave a hiding to them.

Would have been great if that was what actually happened. :o

Ignoring the massive speculation on your part.... Adults beating up kids is great? are you for real?

There is no future for Boards as long as it stays on the complete toss that is the Vanilla "platform", we've given those Canadian twats far more chances than they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

so ...(while I think its for the police to investigate anyway); did wonder if one of the dads is more connected hence this reached the newspapers. what I mean is ... found an insta profile introduction having same name that had ".../irish family promoting mixed race n culture through french"
    (-> just another speculation)
    very sorry for the kids experience - but plse stop posting other pictures about them, there is still nothing we can do about it even if we see new pics.

PS: - 3 adults + baby in a stroller remind me of some movies about commies spies :(
    PPS: - think a segment of parents might be considering self-defense classes for own kids ...not sure how much would have helped here anyway.

Ignoring the massive speculation on your part.... Adults beating up kids is great? are you for real?

I'd pay some to do it in my area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

mvl wrote: »
    so ...(while I think its for the police to investigate anyway); did wonder if one of the dads is more connected hence this reached the newspapers. what I mean is ... found an insta profile introduction having same name that had ".../irish family promoting mixed race n culture through french"
    (-> just another speculation)
    very sorry for the kids experience - but plse stop posting other pictures about them, there is still nothing we can do about it even if we see new pics.

PS: - 3 adults + baby in a stroller remind me of some movies about commies spies :(
    PPS: - think a segment of parents might be considering self-defense classes for own kids ...not sure how much would have helped here anyway.

Bit mad

Advertisement