Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth university want to share details with HSE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭karlitob

ahhh Nope. 99.4% are recovered from it. I have an overactive immune system so it is not a problem. There is no 10% fatality in the population as predicted

So what is it about your ‘overactive immune system’ - whatever that is - that protects you from SARS-COV-2 and stops you from developing the virus.

Between that and your clearly immense intellect they’ll be studying you for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Does having a pre existing condition make someone expendable? Shoulld we let all diabetics die, asthmatics, people with a heart condition? Not worth the inconvenience, eh?

Do you have to actually experience something for it to become real to you? Not great on the old abstract reasoning, are you?

So I will take it as "No"? But 10% of the population was supposed to die. Arent you asking questions?
    If you have a weakened immune system that would explain why you are more susceptible. Yes you should be seeing results and if not you should be asking questions.

There are no healthy people dying if anything the death rate is down on the same period on this time last year.

karlitob wrote: »
    So what is it about your ‘overactive immune system’ - whatever that is - that protects you from SARS-COV-2 and stops you from developing the virus.

Between that and your clearly immense intellect they’ll be studying you for years.

Its just the flu is all. My over active immune system is no blessing. It has its moments.

Ronin247 wrote: »
    I feel I have... paying taxes to attempt to educate
    some of todays youth.

Would you say you have 100 numbers on your mobile phone? have you deleted one of those numbers due to COVID? Then you should be asking your self questions. Did you see Phil Hogan? Been a public representative at home for over 30 years. Not a bit of fear on him heading into the Lions den in Kildare to play golf with his buddies. What do you think he knew and all his Dail golf buddies knew that you didnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

That is the same amount of people who die from a normal flu. It will sweep the elderly with 2 and 3 pre conditions and youths with immune deficiencies the same as in Italy.

I believe you've picked wrong school, or wrong way of education altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

But 10% of the population was supposed to die.
    Where on earth did you pick this up from? I've been following commentary on this site since the start and I've never seen such a claim made before you started doing so in this thread

Beasty wrote: »
    Where on earth did you pick this up from? I've been following commentary on this site since the start and I've never seen such a claim made before you started doing so in this thread

Yeah its been around. I thinking about opening a water cremation cemetery at the start. Could digest a body in two hours and have them running 24/7 doing 12 bodies a day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rates-high-deadlier-than-flu-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

Yeah its been around. I thinking about opening a water cremation cemetery at the start. Could digest a body in two hours and have them running 24/7 doing 12 bodies a day.

There you go. New business starter. Amazing.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    There you go. New business starter. Amazing.

I know Glasnevin is always busy and the grave yard is close to full. Most of the body reverts back to water and chemicals and minimal amount to dispose of.

I know Glasnevin is always busy and the grave yard is close to full. Most of the body reverts back to water and chemicals and minimal amount to dispose of.

Great. That's why I said you've picked wrong school. All you need is few (small) plastic bags and you fully set up.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rates-high-deadlier-than-flu-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

I suggest you read the article. It does not suggest "10% of the population will die"

Great. That's why I said you've picked wrong school. All you need is few (small) plastic bags and you fully set up.

Yeah I was thinking about saving costs and you wouldnt need a coffin, just a shroud. Its amazing how fast a body breaks down with washing soda, warm water and an electrical charge.

Yeah I was thinking about saving costs and you wouldnt need a coffin, just a shroud. Its amazing how fast a body breaks down with washing soda, warm water and an electrical charge.

Glad to hear that, thought you were being serious in your posts here. Great to see you are just messing with us.

I suggest you read the article. It does not suggest "10% of the population will die"

No it doesnt but based on the Pie chart from John Hopkins University. Nearly 17% in Belgium and 1% in Russia, 10% would be about average. This is why I am so skeptical about the whole thing.

Glad to hear that, thought you were being serious in your posts here. Great to see you are just messing with us.

No there is a woman in Meath doing it but I think she has only one chamber I was thinking of having 12 chamber allowing 144 bodies a day.

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/2019/03/28/meath-mortician-to-bring-water-cremation-to-ireland/

No it doesnt but based on the Pie chart from John Hopkins University. Nearly 17% in Belgium and 1% in Russia, 10% would be about average. This is why I am so skeptical about the whole thing.

17% of Belgians have not died from this. It currently stands at less than 0.1% of the population (and Russia at less than 0.02%)

17% of Belgians have not died from this. It currently stands at less than 0.1% of the population

That is what I have been saying!!!! There is no pandemic. We have been conned. Its no more dangerous than the flu. You get it at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

No. Do you know anyone who has actually died of covid without a preexisting condition?

I know one person who died of covid. He had mild asthma, was fairly healthy and in his 30s. Not all pre-existing conditions mean your in danger of dieing tomorrow. He was asthmatic since childhood and played sport etc, nothing you would be overly concerned about but yet contracted Covid and left behind a lot of people who cared.

Its one thing continuing your life as normal as possible, thats absolutely your choice however there is nothing stopping you doing a bit to help stop the spread by taking very simple steps that will help contact tracing in the event you or others in your class become infected

That is what I have been saying!!!! There is no pandemic. We have been conned. Its no more dangerous than the flu. You get it at last.
    No it's not what you have been saying. You have been making outlandish claims about numbers to simply try and justify your own position. Your claims are very clearly false. No-one ever said that 10% of the population would die

No it's not what you have been saying. You have been making outlandish claims about numbers to simply try and justify your own position. Your claims are very clearly false. No-one ever said that 10% of the population would die

Yeah they did at the start.... This was going to be worse than the Spanish Flu they said.

• Advertisement

Lol it's gonna take some exhausting work to beat this. Was waiting where we gonna end, but no, no surprise back to flu proof :D

duffman13 wrote: »
    I know one person who died of covid. He had mild asthma, was fairly healthy and in his 30s. Not all pre-existing conditions mean your in danger of dieing tomorrow. He was asthmatic since childhood and played sport etc, nothing you would be overly concerned about but yet contracted Covid and left behind a lot of people who cared.

Its one thing continuing your life as normal as possible, thats absolutely your choice however there is nothing stopping you doing a bit to help stop the spread by taking very simple steps that will help contact tracing in the event you or others in your class become infected

Just one? ok. But he had asthma? Asthma can be very serious. I had a childhood friend who died from it. It is nothing to be taken lightly.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tell that to my friend who is currently recovering from it and who would have likely gone into cardiac arrest had they not made it to A&E in time. Can't say I've ever heard of the flu causing heart attacks.

Yeah they did at the start.... This was going to be worse than the Spanish Flu they said.

Spanish Flu is estimated to have killed 0.95% of the world population

Again you are exaggerating the real situation (well actually I suspect you are simply plucking figures out of the air) to try and justify your own position

Anyway back to the topic - I am delighted Maynooth are thinking of the wider population and sharing this information appropriately

Zaph wrote: »
    Tell that to my friend who is currently recovering from it and who would have likely gone into cardiac arrest had they not made it to A&E in time. Can't say I've ever heard of the flu causing heart attacks.

I never said the flu wasnt dangerous. If your immune system is down and you get it for what ever reason it is dangerous. read it again. But this covid is widespread and killing 10% of the population, that is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I never said the flu wasnt dangerous. If your immune system is down and you get it for what ever reason it is dangerous. read it again. But this covid is widespread and killing 10% of the population, that is nonsense.

I think what you meant to say is that your claims that it would kill 10% of the population are nonsense.

killing 10% of the population, that is nonsense.
    It is nonsense that you have created. It's entirely a figment of your imagination

Spanish Flu is estimated to have killed 0.95% of the world population

Again you are exaggerating the real situation (well actually I suspect you are simply plucking figures out of the air) to try and justify your own position

Anyway back to the topic - I am delighted Maynooth are thinking of the wider population and sharing this information appropriately

The Spanish flu has to be seen in the context of the first world war and its aftermath. You had men on the front with lice, malnourished, shell shocked, in damp and water logged trenches filled with Rats. No wonder it was so contagious and their immune systems were down. Plus you had major food shortage in Europe and afterwards in Russia.

Zaph wrote: »
    I think what you meant to say is that your claims that it would kill 10% of the population are nonsense.

Refer to the John Hopkins graph. Hope your friend is ok on the mend.

5ec831ae4dca680924327065?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Just got this email this morning from Maynooth University. They want to just share details with the HSE.

"I wish to let you know that Maynooth University may share your contact details (name, telephone number, email address) with the HSE to support the contact tracing work of the public health authorities.

The University will only share this data in order to assist the public health authorities with contacting students or staff who may have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19. You can be assured that only these limited contact details will be shared and solely to comply with public health requirements. Your student ID number or other personal identifying data will not be shared.

The University has developed the MU Check-in App, which you are encouraged to download and use (available from Google Play Store and Apple Store). This App allows you to scan the QR code for the seat you occupy in each teaching venue so that your location is noted. The location data and the contact details will be used to help the University support the work of the HSE public health teams who may contact you if necessary. I wish to assure you that the University will not use any data collected by the App for any other purpose."

They dont monitor microchipped dogs this way!! Where are GPRD rules?

Eminently sensible email outlining an eminently sensible course of action and a great and innovative use of technology. And great to see the university taking their GDPR responsibilities so seriously.

Sounds like you picked the perfect school to help you grow up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement