Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Remember the voting when people said they wanted Covid to be a distant memory and that's why we shouldn't mention it in a thread title!! Little did we know...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Still want it banished as much as possible. Its cast a cloud over far too much of our lives as it is... last thing I want in this happy place is threads with covid in their names... hear enough of that elsewhere unfortunately.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Don't mention the 'C' word is different for us to most other people 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

This is my first Christmas with my boyfriend in our own house. I'm usually a very prepared person with presents anyway but I'm after realising we're going to have to buy everything to decorate !

We've got a Christmas tree my parents bought last year and don't want and a festive hand towel....a long way to go :P

I'm not going to stress out though a few baubles ,a wreath and maybe some garden lights will do us. I know its stuff that builds up over time. Its a bit mad , I had these great big Deck the Halls/National lampoons ideas but have to reign it back in now I can see the price of things!

I saw a few others are stopping buying themselves things now.It's a great idea!I think I'll make a little list of gift idea for me soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oh and at least our families are happy to welcome us home on Christmas day so we've not even to consider Christmas cooking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭tscul32

We got balance bikes for ours at that age, great Christmas pressies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh great idea!! Will get looking at them now 😁 Any excuse for a bit Christmas present research!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,271 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Half ways through September. We've the third quarter of the year nearly complete and we're into the nighties' and double digits!

Happy 99 days guys.

I know we keep saying it however will fly in from here!!

• Advertisement

DOUBLE DIGIT DAY!!!!

it's all downhill now folks!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Friday Elves I don't know where the week has went? Double digits I almost feel like I am loosing my breath when I think about it.. half excitement... half panic

I just went onto Boots there I am looking to get a few bits but the sanctuary spa gifts sets aren't online yet they only have 2, I notice from their site there is a tab for Irish Gifts which is good

Welcome Andrew congratulations on your little one, Happy Shopping I am sure it will be a Christmas like no other

our first Christmas too with our little one she will be 9 months, I am sure I won't be able to resist picking up First Christmas this..First Christmas that

Aisling congrats on your new home, when I got our house I started using the Dunnes Stores saving stamps my first Christmas, I got baubles, fairy lights, door wreath etc for the house it was quite handy I had the stamps to pay for it with. Penneys is handy too I got nice battery operated lights for my front windows and lots of the battery lights to toss around in vases and the stairs and above kitchen presses. I found too because my family and pals know I love Christmas so much they picked me up stuff too as part of my present, dont worry Aisling you will get there

I know it won't be for everyone but I do want to take my little one to Santa just for the photo First Christmas and all that, any suggestions please Elves, Arnotts, Brown Thomas she will only be 9 months then? thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

We brought our little boy to Blanchardstown as our neighbours had been to Arnotts and the wait to see Santa was a few hours 🙈 As it was just the photo we wanted, it was perfect! We went early one weekday morning and were straight in. Photo and little present were lovely 😊

Thanks Jellybear, I never thought of Blanchardstown, I was only thinking Arnotts or BT because I remember someone say you went and got a slot time so you could potter around and go back then at your assigned slot,

thats brilliant Blanchardstown is 10 minutes away plus free parking!! hopefully Santa is coming to Blanchardstown

Chocolate orange fans, Dairymilk have Dairymilk Orange its quite nice I can confirm...large bars in Dunnes Stores at the moment

We have been to Arnotts every year with our Elves apart from last year. We go in super early (8am) on a Friday and I queue up while OH takes kids to breakfast. Usually get a spot around 10am so look around decorations, toys first and get lots of pictures. Head to Disney store after and then home for lunch.

The Santas are brilliant and we got the same one 3 years in a row. Have the 6 pictures in a frame on the wall so will have to get a bigger frame after this year (assuming they are doing Santa!)

Brilliant TRS30, thats a great idea about the frame

you guys are great thanks so much for coming back to me

No worries. Santa visits (we do one Christmas Island with extended family as well) are one of my favorite parts of the build up.

Just a heads up, the Disney store in the blanch sc is closing on 23rd Sept. Just in spending another fortune there and were chatting to the staff who are gutted, they're all so Disney passionate it's sad that they're going... Grafton Street staying open though.

Wow, surprised to hear that. Did they say why? Always seemed to be busy when i was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I was over in the centre last night but it was closed 😭 Closed at 7 despite the centre being open until 9, even on a Thursday night

Rent has gone up in.the centre allegedly. That and a drop in trade I suspect sealed the deal. Disappointed as I loved it.

Rent's going up is obviously a sign of things improving.

Not being able to pop down to the one in town on my lunch break is one of the few things I miss about going to the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,271 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Dunnes have been slowly adding a few more bits of Christmas stock to their website. I got two lovely Garlands there last year, and when I went to get more, they were out of stock online. I am hoping they make a reappearance this year. I don't have any tinsel on my tree, so these were ideal 'fillers'. I'm checking the website multiple times a day!!!

Last year, the website just couldn't keep up with the demand at all. Probably mainly down to people not able to make it in store

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They also do Giant Buttons of this, big bags only though.

Pigtails33 I thought I was the only one that does that …checking sites for something a couple of times a day 😂 I will keep an eye out for you

Morning everyone

Foggy one where I am I hope the sun makes an appearance I have a mountain of washing to get through and based on forecasts earlier in the week I thought today was to be a good day weather wise

loads of nice bits appearing on Insta people sharing Christmas at the Range and BM or is it B&M? Gorgeous bits

Just seen too Marks and Spencer Ireland not doing Christmas food to order someone shared it on Instagram I think with the current climate they can’t commit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thank you for posting this! Ordered last night , we’ll do it on Christmas Eve as a family

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, that sounds like a lovely Christmas eve. 😁

Advertisement