Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Boots gift guide in store picked one up earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 38,047 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As a Deise head over the moon with the news of the Full Winterval experience coming back this year

Sadly don't think the Food Market will be as big and it closes at 7pm each night its open. Used to be open a lot longer

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Yay! Must pick one up tomorrow. Love when the guides start hitting the various shops (along with the Smyths catalogue)

Post edited by Heroditas on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Smyths catalogue arrived in our postbox this morning. First time the twins were completely indifferent to its arrival... they're growing up too fast.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Ah, sorry to hear that lad. As you said earlier you have nearly all their stuff in so they probably already know what they want.

But the magic of Christmas really does come and go in literally a few years with the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

So ordinarily I wouldnt be keen to start getting excited about Christmas too early. Not that I didnt love Christmas but I was always afraid of diluting it. I'd have always held on until Dec 8th before sticking on the Christmas playlist. (I know, bit Scroogey of me!).

Anyway, this year I've an exam in mid November, hopefully my last big one and more importantly, we've a baby due early December! So excitement is beginning to build inside for Christmas! Yesterday (as a means of procrastinating!) I even stuck on my 2 favourite Christmas songs, I Believe in Father Christmas and Same Old Lang Syne! The day the exam is over will be very exciting, that's the day we've ear marked to put up all the decorations, herself loves Christmas and is all for early decorations and a 10 foot tree!! Looking forward to this day 11 weeks now!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

Hi all, exams done! Ready to get into that Autumnal spirit now (albeit in very balmy weather!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

Its our mid term next week and we're going away for a week. So after that it will be full on panic as I have done zero shopping.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congrats on getting through the exams, dobby! 🙂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone been into one of these shops, is it a bit like the Range?

https://www.mcds.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

There used to be a McD's in Ashbourne a few years ago where Choice is now, I found them more like a Woodies than the Range to be honest but if they have what your looking for at a decent price then you're laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

That can be arranged!

BTW, heard on the radio on the drive in this morning that the Dublin City christmas lights started being put up last night, 7 teams of 4 will take 7 nights working through the night to get the 30 streets ready for the November switching on!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Picked up the Boots gift guide for the OH on Saturday. Blitz Smyths to get major presents for our guys and for a few cousins. Took Elf1 to Arts & Hobby shops and she picked out a few things she wants. So a productive day on the present front.

Got a good few jobs around the house yesterday, so productive weekend all round.

Hope everyone had a good one and great to see some new posters popping in and hopefully more will follow as get closer to the most wonderful time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭gidget

Got my flu jab on Saturday in local chemist. Both parents got it last week as well & my nana who’s 90 called to say her GP had contacted her to come in for hers and has also booked her to get the Covid Booster, so that gives me peace of mind that she’ll be sorted in that department.

Got another one scratched off the list present wise, so now it’s just my parents & my mam’s Birthday present for next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Hard to believe I have five weeks of this completed already. If the next five weeks go by as quickly (which I absolutely know they will!) the Christmas season will be here before we know it. Buckle in!!

This day 3 weeks is Nov. 1st when we traditionally go 'in season' here... the moratorium on TV adverts is lifted too so we'll start seeing christmas adverts on the TV more too... and of course Christmas FM is coming back early (online) so we'll have that to look forward to too.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭A cup of te

I am really in Christmas mode this year very early! I think it must be due to the lack of a normal Christmas last year because I can usually hold myself back a bit till after Halloween. I had a day off work today and went around The Range which was great, also Brand Max have a few bits out but Woodies still have their stuff cordoned off! It was like the barriers were erected just to keep me out. They obviously heard I was coming :-P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Got the dogs' advent calendars today 🙈 I'm a disgrace, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did I mention that we're a quarte of the way through the hundreds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Ooh, where did you get them? Didn't even know this was a thing I know the kids would love it, just wouldn't even know where to look.

I'll Google now obviously, but always happier top take a boardsie recommendation where possible :)

Hmm, only got a delivery of food and treats from zooplus today, I'll have to have a look locally when I get a chance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Who knew they existed?!?

Was it something like this, it will be our first Christmas with a dog, might get one. Things have come a long way since I was a lad and we used to wrap up cans of normal dog food and put them under the tree.

https://www.petstop.ie/christmas-premio-advent-calendar-for-dogs?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5JSLBhCxARIsAHgO2SewR0wnVREV0Lw656QvHaQBJfvKMSMJ3gQ6M6ZQgN0jsjepesEOY3UaAocpEALw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Christmas lights going up on South William Street in Dublin as we speak this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ah brilliant. That street always looks really festive

Hope to get into town this year with the kids at some stage to look at the lights.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The background theme on my gmail inbox reflects the weather outside so it is always changing. Right now it is snowy 😲

It's not actually snowing or even cold enough to snow but it does look very Christmassy 🌨️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭tscul32

Our first doggie Christmas too. Might be handy to have an advent calendar for the pup too so that he doesn't feel left out...

Advertisement